Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] Proposal: Maps

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
can someone pls do an ocean currents map because I'm scared to try again.
Here's my attempt at a currents and jet streams map:
Wind and Waves Sites.jpg
The grey sections represent the main jet streams. The polar jet streams are stronger, hence why they are depicted larger.

The areas circled in white are areas that would likely be prone to hurricanes. The area circled near Rondileau would likely see little more than tropical storms, considering there's less ocean for the storms to develop over, but tropical storms would still be a regular occurrence.

The areas circled in black are areas that would likely be prone to tornadoes. The circled area near Harvendir would not currently see tornadoes, under the current jet stream formation, but jet streams are naturally volatile and shift location; it would not be unthinkable for the jet streams to shift every so often and cause tornado seasons in Harvendir, even if those seasons are not a yearly occurrence.

A non-circled map is below.
Wind and Waves.jpg

Last edited:

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Mountains pop up when plates collide. Every single mountain should be a plate division. Islands are also underground mountains, or volcanoes. The former, of course, shows up on plate divisions.
Second one does this a hella lot better, lemme know of any edits you think, and I'll add em.
I feel that the Council timezone should be the GMT of the world, if only because there weren't any world-spanning empires to decide that the 0 timezone should be on their particular homeland.
I made the old capital of Vlesela the +0 since it was the closest to the center of the map, hence the easiest.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
...but Asia's not split in half already, isn't it?
It rather is. not quite in half, but there is split in the landmass, enough of a hassle for me that I was forced to make an alternate version of the map that stitched the two ends together as so:

http://imgur.com/WX2jKu2

I'm specifically requesting an "asia-center" version because it's a bit hard for me to currently figure out what sort of currents are affecting asia...

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Second one does this a hella lot better, lemme know of any edits you think, and I'll add em.

I made the old capital of Vlesela the +0 since it was the closest to the center of the map, hence the easiest.
Except who is gonna agree upon Vlesela being the center time zone? I want Salzbreck to be the +0. Kronea wants *unspellable capital name* to be the +0. I say we go with the Council.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Except who is gonna agree upon Vlesela being the center time zone? I want Salzbreck to be the +0. Kronea wants *unspellable capital name* to be the +0. I say we go with the Council.
Make the map then?

Edit: Also, another reason for having it as Harvendir's capital is cause of the date line . . . Have fun with that when it goes straight through Arhemia and Tarcheya

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
I like this thread. I'm working on a realistic map of Kogata as my first priority, then I'll try to make something that benefits the whole community.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Depends on what's already being done and what people want. I could do a religions map but that would require everyone messaging me their country's faith. If you're referring to my Kogata map, it's just going to look like a google map hopefully, showing terrain and ocean.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I could do a religions map but that would require everyone messaging me their country's faith.
Well, I can at least help you out by highlighting the most religious nations in the region with a Religiousness Analysis Map:
Analysis - Religiousness.jpg
Key:

Blue
= Top 10% = Sudo-Theocracy
Green
= Top 11 - 30% = Modestly Religious
Yellow
= Top 31 - Bottom 31% = Save-Face Religious
Orange
= Bottom 30 - 11% = Skeptical of Religion
Red
= Bottom 10% = Godless Heathens

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
mrw im crap at maps
mrw everyone else is good at maps

time to fall back to being the best flag maker. i gotta have at least one talent