Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Outdated [NationStates] Rules

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
NationStates Rules
These rules apply to all nations in NationStates, and I expect that we're all mature enough not to break the rules, and to come forward or notify me if rules have been broken. I will not change rules without updating this thread, posting here and posting on the RMB of NationStates.

If you wish to choose a scientific advancement or assign any other field present, please PM me over any medium and I will fill out the fields on the thread that are applicable

If anyone wishes to make suggestions, please feel free to come to me with the idea

General Rules and Guidelines
Setting:

- Modern day HollowWorld
- Lore wise, everything prior to this thread is canon, and everything past not.
- All Alteran races are accepted
- The religion is the same as HollowWorld
- There is no trace of magic left
- There are no weapons of mass destruction
- The game normally progresses a year IC to every month OOC. This is subject to change depending from nation to nation.
Credit to Lord_Sinclair for making the most of the rules below

Last edited:

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Scientific Advancement
Basic Guidelines:

1. Nations may only research one new "unique" tech per 100 SAL.

2. Nations' "unique" techs must directly derive from technologies in real world prototype form.

3. Nations may research a "unique" tech even if another nation has already researched it.

4. You must post a factbook about the technology you are developing in order to claim it!

Guidelines in Detail:
1. One tech at 100 SAL, another at 200 SAL, another at 300 SAL, so on, so forth.

2. Examples of technologies in real world prototype form include Railguns, Scramjets, TALOS suits, etc.

3. Even though they are called "unique" techs, they aren't limited to a single nation.

4. Just do it; it won't take that long.

5. Feel free to share technology, but be aware that this can be anything from selling the technology as a whole, blueprints and knowledge, or simply shipping finished goods. Please specify with other players as to what exactly you are doing.

Technology List
n/a

Last edited:

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Space and Satellites
1. A nation may claim to have up to 1,000 satellite network per 1 Industry: Information Technology point.

2. A "satellite network" is defined as a series of satellites designed for a specific usage, such weather analysis, satellite imaging, communication, missile detection, scientific research, etc.

3. A space station may be built using 25,000 Industry: Information Technology points. The points used to build a space station may come from a collection of nations who pool their points together in order to build a station.

4. A nation may not use individual points for building both satellite networks and a space station. In other words, points put towards building a space station may not be reused to build satellite networks.

Satellites List

Last edited:

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
War
1. Wars do NOT have to be consensual. If a player is away in RL, and has stated as such, then work around RL schedules as best as possible. However, a player is not allowed to simply "decline" to go to war. If a player does not want war, then they should sue for peace in RP.

2. Each nation may field one "unit" per 1,000 (subject to change) Defense Forces points. A "unit" is a military force that occupies one hex on the map and is designed to operate under its own line of command, accountable only to the President, Department of Defense, Shogun, or other "military leader" of a nation. "Units" must be specified to be either "Army", for land units, or "Navy", for sea units; "Air" units are assumed to be complementary to other units and need not be depicted as separate units. The total number of combined "Army" and "Navy" units a nation has in the field must not exceed the "one "unit" per 10 Defense Forces points" limit.

3. Battles between "units" must be RP'd. The victor may be determined by d20 rolls or whatever other means the nations involved agree upon, but stats may only be used as guidelines for determining the victor and nothing more. In other words, nations cannot simply say things like "I have better Arms Manufacturing, so I win" to determine the course of battles.

Suggested Additional Rules:
1. Nations may replenish their "units" using Sector: Agriculture and Sector: Manufacturing stats. The limit for how many "units" may be fielded at one time, as outlined under Rule #2, still applies, first and foremost. However, if a "unit" is defeated in battle, a new "unit" may be created to take its place, if a nation has sufficient Agriculture and Manufacturing stats to do so. One "unit" may be replaced per one Agriculture point and per one Manufacturing point. A nation with 5 Agriculture points and 7 Manufacturing points, for example, could replenish up to 12 "units", over time.

2. Nations may compare Religiousness and Political Apathy stats to determine the zeal and/or morale of their respective "units". Morale may then be used as an X factor in RP engagements.

3. Use third party programs to define additional stats. A comprehensive list can be found [here]

Last edited: