Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Outdated [NationStates] Spitballing

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Hello all, sorry for the late followup, just went to Bible Camp and internet's been out, but here this is! I plan, on the advice of others, to kick-start a world building brainstorm, to see what people are interested in!

As of the poll, it seems an industrialized world seem to have won out, so we'll be going with that unless there's a lot of objection to it.

The purpose of this thread is to sort out how we're going to go about the world creation. Since this is just the first thread, I invite everyone and anyone to pitch forward ideas and interests, which will allow for others to see what the community is thinking. Also, if you like other people's ideas or suggestions, feel free to jump on board with that and start creating a culture/region/history/whatever with them! The more involved everyone is, the better!

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
I'll start. Personally, I've always liked the culture of Europe and such a great diversity in such a small region, and I also love the middle east and all the art and culture of those lands. If anyone's keen on anything like this, I'd be willing to do something with you.

Also forgive me but I am tired as hell right now

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Problems with the last games:

1. No regulation in the first one made the game basically pointless since anyone could do anything they wanted, making it basically powergame city.
2. In the second one, there was no real reason to compete for resources/terrain on the map made for players. There was no mechanism for fighting war, and issues were poorly weighed since they're random. One person could say they'd started a nuclear program while another would have gotten the decision to gold-plate their orchestra's bassoons.

Basically, you'll need resources to compete over, mechanisms to use in competing, and players willing to accept losing territory and influence as par for the course.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Problems with the last games:

1. No regulation in the first one made the game basically pointless since anyone could do anything they wanted, making it basically powergame city.
2. In the second one, there was no real reason to compete for resources/terrain on the map made for players. There was no mechanism for fighting war, and issues were poorly weighed since they're random. One person could say they'd started a nuclear program while another would have gotten the decision to gold-plate their orchestra's bassoons.

Basically, you'll need resources to compete over, mechanisms to use in competing, and players willing to accept losing territory and influence as par for the course.
I understand the first two points, but I'm a bit lost on the competing resources. Would it be as simple as making the world with resources in certain parts and not in others, or would there be other things I'm missing

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I understand the first two points, but I'm a bit lost on the competing resources. Would it be as simple as making the world with resources in certain parts and not in others, or would there be other things I'm missing
Creating randomly distributed resources, giving players random spawns, and creating a system that gives benefits to having certain resources is key.