Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Nationstates] The Beans are Spiled

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
You underestimate the old world's largest military xD
Not really, it's notoriously difficult to capture cities, and given Legisa's policy on gun ownership, you'd have to put down every citizen one by one if you tried to annex Legisa. I'm not trying to make this a dick measuring contest, but don't make the mistake of going for cities.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Not really, it's notoriously difficult to capture cities, and given Legisa's policy on gun ownership, you'd have to put down every citizen one by one if you tried to annex Legisa. I'm not trying to make this a dick measuring contest, but don't make the mistake of going for cities.
I think it tends to be less difficult when there's more enemy soldiers in the city then there's citizens.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
I think it tends to be less difficult when there's more enemy soldiers in the city then there's citizens.
How is that even possible? If a city is built to maintain a population of say, 100000, and then your million man army or whatever it is occupies it it'll be horribly overcrowded. Besides, this is under the assumption that you can easily enter the city.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
How is that even possible? If a city is built to maintain a population of say, 100000, and then your million man army or whatever it is occupies it it'll be horribly overcrowded. Besides, this is under the assumption that you can easily enter the city.
Arcturix has roughly 50,000,000 peace-time active military personnel, with up to 125,000,000 reservists.
Combining a very large airforce, with an enormous land assault capacity and a, while perhaps somewhat outdated, but huge fleet, I don't fear it outranges everyone apart from perhaps Mechanica, as Arcturix is classified as having the largest defense forces on the Old World.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
I'm not doubting the size and scope of your army, but rather its ability to effectively take over a city without reducing it to rubble first. I'm not saying Legisa could hold of Arcturix forever, but we'd put up a damn good fight.

MaelstromPuddle

Lord of Altera
Legend
Auralein
Auralein
Legend
*Natrizima dismisses Covernmell for its Underhand tactics and obvious scaremongering, frankly it should keep to itself*

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
*Natrizima dismisses Covernmell for its Underhand tactics and obvious scaremongering, frankly it should keep to itself*
this isn't Corvermell. it's the Black Lions.
how..... is this Corvermell???
I think it's a joke, Gaby, and partly also because it states documents were sent to Corvermell, and concern Corvermellian spies. There's no fuss being had, the comparison was very reasonable.

What I want to know, however, is why Patrick, someone who doesn't play NS with us, disagrees on a political opinion post... xD

Patrickdxs

Lord of Altera
I think it's a joke, Gaby, and partly also because it states documents were sent to Corvermell, and concern Corvermellian spies. There's no fuss being had, the comparison was very reasonable.

What I want to know, however, is why Patrick, someone who doesn't play NS with us, disagrees on a political opinion post... xD
Oh shoot that was a disagree? *Facepalm* I just got a mobile phone and i've been fat fingering all week.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I'm dense, and I don't understand the second half of this sentence.
I understand "it's a joke" but the rest is just making my head hurt

EDIT: it's VERMELLAN, you dense frenchie!

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
I'm not doubting the size and scope of your army, but rather its ability to effectively take over a city without reducing it to rubble first. I'm not saying Legisa could hold of Arcturix forever, but we'd put up a damn good fight.
I don't think it would be hard for Arcturix being one of the top countries to take over a city of 100,000 with the technology it has. When you take a step back and look at everything Arcturux has compared to most other countries it could easily flatten most of us. And if you want to get down to it the only people that it could have a real war with that lasts longer than a week would be Mechanica, Volopia, or Sincronia.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
I don't think it would be hard for Arcturix being one of the top countries to take over a city of 100,000 with the technology it has. When you take a step back and look at everything Arcturux has compared to most other countries it could easily flatten most of us. And if you want to get down to it the only people that it could have a real war with that lasts longer than a week would be Mechanica, Volopia, or Sincronia.
There's a difference between "take over" and "flatten" when it comes to attacking a city. Without a doubt if Arcturix launched everything it had at Legisa, we'd be nothing more than a crater, but even with such a large army, it'd be difficult to occupy the country, mainly due to our weaponisation.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Im impressed this whole debate is still going, considering we've moved over to the New World.. xD

I think there's a single detail you guys might have forgotten/not taken into account... Propaganda.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
That's true, I don't think Legisa could've hoped to trump Arcturian propaganda. And yeah, not sure why I keep posting here, I think part of me misses Legisa qq

Gaby

Lord of Altera
I mean, personally,

I want there to at least be some final rp happening here.
me and Val went through a lot of trouble to make those four documents. let's have some closure.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I mean, personally,

I want there to at least be some final rp happening here.
me and Val went through a lot of trouble to make those four documents. let's have some closure.
Nah, the only closure I was expecting and mastermind-ing was a world war, resulting in a chaotic exodus to the New world, along with an even worst, and more evil version of Arcturix left behind on a ragged planet, but the vote didn't pass.

AKA the ruse got denied by democracy >:C