Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NationStates] We Can Into Space?

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
In an effort to assist in regulating how much stuff everyone puts into space, I propose the following guidelines be adopted:

> A nation may claim to have up to 1 satellite network per 1 Industry: Information Technology point.

> A "satellite network" is defined as a series of satellites designed for a specific usage, such weather analysis, satellite imaging, communication, missile detection, scientific research, etc.

> A space station may be built using 15 Industry: Information Technology points. The points used to build a space station may come from a collection of nations who pool their points together in order to build a station.

> A nation may not use individual points for building both satellite networks and a space station. In other words, points put towards building a space station may not be reused to build satellite networks.

This thread will furthermore be used for players to chronicle details of their nations' space programs that they feel are of use for the rest of the players in the region to be alerted to. For example, a group of nations that pools points and builds a space station should post that they have done so on this thread, among other places.

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Jungdu
IT: 1

Jungdu will be launching a series of satellites into orbit in the very near future. This network will allow them to get high-resolution images of specific areas on the ground.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Kogata's Space Program
Information Tech: 4

RK-1: Tengoku
This astronomical satellite is similar to the Hubble telescope in that its sole purpose being to take informative photographs of the galaxy and beyond. It was launched and is maintained by the Kogatan Space Agency.​
RK-2: Izanagi
This reconnaissance satellite is operated by the Kogatan Armed Forces in conjunction with the KSA, its purpose being to provide the government with valuable intel about Kogata's neighbours. It takes high resolution images and wires them to the capital through encrypted signals.​

Last edited:

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Question: Would it be possible to invest two points into one satellite nice and shiney, sparkely, and a more efficient version of it's use?

xlockedon

Loyal Servant of Altera
The Republic of Rondileau's Space Program :
Currently 3 ITPs

1st ITP : Reconnaissance Satellite System : Takes high resolution picture of Rondileau and it's borders. Use of this information - Classified.
2nd ITP : PACT Missile Detection System.

(will report in factbook tomorrow during the time I am heavily working on my lore)

Last edited:

Gaby

Lord of Altera
OH HEY HOLD UP HERE MY PEOPLE NEED INTERNET LETS GET SOME SATELLITES UP

Sammaru has an information technology rating of 3.
the satellites were launched by a coalition led by Los Sangreverdes, with the noted membership of... some like 3 fraternities (I am tired), and a group known only as the Illuminasa.
the purpose of launching these satellites are primarily to further connect the people of Sammaru to the rest of the world, and blah blah blah utopian futurist transhumanism speech. (I am very tired)

> Satellite Network for internet connection and general communications

> Satellite Network for weather observationy stuff (zzzzzzzzz)

> Satellite Network for GPS

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
OH HEY HOLD UP HERE MY PEOPLE NEED INTERNET LETS GET SOME SATELLITES UP

Sammaru has an information technology rating of 3.
the satellites were launched by a coalition led by Los Sangreverdes, with the noted membership of... some like 3 fraternities (I am tired), and a group known only as the Illuminasa.
the purpose of launching these satellites are primarily to further connect the people of Sammaru to the rest of the world, and blah blah blah utopian futurist transhumanism speech. (I am very tired)

> Satellite Network for internet connection and general communications

> Satellite Network for weather observationy stuff (zzzzzzzzz)

> Satellite Network for GPS
You only need special satellites for military stuff. Internet, TV, GPS, weather, etc. satellites already exist

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
You only need special satellites for military stuff. Internet, TV, GPS, weather, etc. satellites already exist
Essentially, yes. Most Internet, TV, GPS, etc satellites would be funded by corporations. The only satellites the nation would need to put into orbit are ones that corporations would be unwilling or unable to support, such as satellites designed for military operations.

Of course, that assumes there are corporations willing to put some satellites into orbit, I suppose...

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Essentially, yes. Most Internet, TV, GPS, etc satellites would be funded by corporations. The only satellites the nation would need to put into orbit are ones that corporations would be unwilling or unable to support, such as satellites designed for military operations.

Of course, that assumes there are corporations willing to put some satellites into orbit, I suppose...
If that's the case, then I'm editing the functions of my satellites.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Keep in mind, though, that there's no guarantee that corporations will support your nation in every matter. Nationally owned satellites have a far greater degree of security and reliability.

LightTwig

Lord of Altera
Keep in mind, though, that there's no guarantee that corporations will support your nation in every matter. Nationally owned satellites have a far greater degree of security and reliability.
Corporations can be trusted with things such as weather and GPS I reckon.

Gaby

Lord of Altera

.... guys.

my nation struggles to consistently maintain roads and bridges.

of course I need to make a national effort to maintain a civilian satellite network! :heart: