Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Natural Honor, and Honor for Nature

Fate3

Villager

rsz_f5fd085469c92839c0a077a8608e92c3.png
rsz_dove_divider_2.png
The Nature of Things
The subtle splinter of strewn, stray branches announced the knight's presence as he carefully meandered past the gnarled roots of a​
forest teeming and overgrown with the bounties of the season. Petrias, a foreigner in these depths, intentionally paced his stride to​
further admire the details otherwise passed in his hurry. He, admittedly, rarely took the time to bask in the grandeur of nature: even​
though, clearly, he knew that it was there. The male figured that his hunger for work often side-tracked other genuine pleasures, but​
perhaps he would set to changing that. The thought brought about a listless smirk, chuckling off-handedly as he continued down the​
dirt-packed road. Petrias tossed the notion aside, conceding that he was no genius or philosopher. Truly, he'd discovered something​
that had likely been cliched many times before. The knight sighed, his sullen, entranced optics darting across the width of the path​
just as a new oddity scurried out of sight into the adjoining bush across from the first. The male smiled, tentatively wiping his palm​
over his breastplate to clear it of any remaining smudges. In doing so, Petrias briefly glanced to the dulled, blue insignia that rested​
along his chest: the slits of his helmet giving him only an obscured view of the proud symbol of his faith. "Shalherana...I cannot deny​
that your creation is beyond comparison, and, while I am devoted majorly to another, you must know that there will always be a place​
in my heart for you." Speaking to nothing in particular, the knight declared himself freely in the lonely comfort of the forest.​
His words might've rang hollow to the Goddess of Life, but his decree remained resolute even in the face of mockery or ignorance.​
One hand swiftly rose to adjust the fastenings of his helmet, realigning his vision as he padded over the coarse rocks that occasionally​
jutted from the path. Valiant might've been displeased to hear him utter such words but, as a follower of the god, Petrias knew where​
his loyalties belonged. It was not wrong of him to pay homage to another god that promoted good deeds and a healthy life. They just​
focused on different aspects, and, to the knight, that was okay. Several more seconds passed in glorious silence, until finally Petrias​
stopped short at the base of a small creek that disconnected the road. Surprised by its appearance, the knight bent forward at the knee​
to sample the babbling waters. Both hands cupped into the stream, Petrias dipped them low as he flicked back his head: allowing the​
visor to settle atop his helmet so that he could properly drink. Like nectar, the sweet liquid was eagerly tipped onto his tongue. He'd ran​
dry of water sometime ago, so this was certainly a pleasant surprise. Needless to say, he remained camped there for what felt like minutes:​
drinking and refilling his cask for the trek that he'd still to make. Altera was certainly vast, honestly more so than to Petrias' liking. All of this​
walking, surely it would get old eventually. Though if the sights were as pleasant as this, the male could see himself growing to enjoy it.​
Until that day though, Petrias figured that he could at least take stock in the little things here. They were special...and reminded Petrias​
that all gods had their place. No matter how vile or twisted, beauty could not exist without ugliness. Contrasts were always needed, and​
that was why he chose to believe in Valiant: for whenever they arose, Petrias would be there to quell them. Such an unconventional​
perception calmed the male as he continued on, humming an incoherent tune as his hand perched predominantly on his hilt. His honor​
felt natural, and immediately he realized that he was no foreigner among these trees. For he had a nature and life all his own, and for​
that he would forever thank Shalherana: the one who brought him into creation to fulfill his role...whatever that may be.​

(Just a little something that I wrote to pass the time while I waited for my application to go through. It's not really all that developmental, but I hope you enjoy it regardless! On a small separate note though, the images present don't belong to me! If someone requests they be taken down, that owns them, I'd be more than willing to do so.)
dove_divider_2.png

Last edited: