Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Features and Shops

D

Dark Auras

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello all,
With our 1.12.2 release we have added some new features and shops to the server!

The major feature addition is a plugin called EggCatcher. EggCatcher lets you throw chicken eggs at mobs in an attempt to "catch them". You are not guaranteed a catch when you throw, and different mobs are easier to catch than others. You will only be able to catch passive mobs (Minus horses, as you can obtain them by means of Saddles).

EggCatcher Tutorial:

You can buy the ability to use EggCatcher from ShopHub for 5,000 Radiants!

As well, we have added options for 5 and 6 homes priced at 15,000 and 20,000 Radiants respectively. Unfortunately these do not stack and are one-off purchases, the same as they were before. You may now purchase home upgrades from your current home-level to the next tier up to 6 homes. If you are a current homeowner (Before 10/29/2017) please fill out the form on this thread: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/discount-home-shop-requests.41707/

I hope you enjoy the new features! Go catch some Llamas and Parrots!

*Note, anyone found to be abusing EggCatcher (Exploiting it to take peoples animals or spam animals into their land) will have the permission removed in a similar fashion to /fly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Request: Clarify exactly what is considered abusive and okay behavior with the plugin and what constitutes 'Spamming animals into their land'?

Constructive.. Internal Security Question(?): Has the plugin team checked whether or not this plugin can be used to abduct hostile mobs or [Interaction with other plugins] NPCs?

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Oh no, my spawn eggs are worthless now curse you. Next there will be a recipe for endstone.

D

Dark Auras

Request: Clarify exactly what is considered abusive and okay behavior with the plugin and what constitutes 'Spamming animals into their land'?

Constructive.. Internal Security Question(?): Has the plugin team checked whether or not this plugin can be used to abduct hostile mobs or [Interaction with other plugins] NPCs?
We have ensured that the plugin can only be used to capture specific mobs. (All mobs except the passive ones we allow have a catch-value of 0, so you can try but it will never allow it to happen).

As to the abuse question: It is mostly around the lines of: Don't steal animals from peoples land (Unless Sorrows/Frontier), and don't place animals into peoples land unless you have their permission (Again unless Sorrows/Frontier).

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
We have ensured that the plugin can only be used to capture specific mobs. (All mobs except the passive ones we allow have a catch-value of 0, so you can try but it will never allow it to happen).

As to the abuse question: It is mostly around the lines of: Don't steal animals from peoples land (Unless Sorrows/Frontier), and don't place animals into peoples land unless you have their permission (Again unless Sorrows/Frontier).
So we can sheep-ee somebody's resource world house? c:

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Now we can get 6 /homes!? Man, all these /Home increases are really breaking the bank. First ya buy the 4 /homes, then ya buy the 5 /homes when it comes out. And now ya gotta buy the 6 /homes. Man, I'm gunna wind up spending like, 70k.

Maaaaaan.

Cool egg update, though.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Now we can get 6 /homes!? Man, all these /Home increases are really breaking the bank. First ya buy the 4 /homes, then ya buy the 5 /homes when it comes out. And now ya gotta buy the 6 /homes. Man, I'm gunna wind up spending like, 70k.

Maaaaaan.

Cool egg update, though.
OR you could skip straight to 6 homes. You don't have to buy them all in order to get 6.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
That seems just a wee touch silly. Could not someone modify the perm purchase code there such that if someone already had a home increase node purchased it reduced the price of the ones further down the chain?

It's like, 3 IF statements or so. Unless there's otherwise a compelling reason for it I don't see why not. Consider this a change-request.

D

Dark Auras

That seems just a wee touch silly. Could not someone modify the perm purchase code there such that if someone already had a home increase node purchased it reduced the price of the ones further down the chain?

It's like, 3 IF statements or so. Unless there's otherwise a compelling reason for it I don't see why not. Consider this a change-request.
Home purchases have always been one-off purchases. It's maybe something we can look into in the future but with given the complexity of doing that with our current setup it is not priority. Once we push our next update items such as the new Frontier, Sorrows and other things it can be looked into.

My best advice is if you know you want 6 homes, save up 20k and don't buy incrementally.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Home purchases have always been one-off purchases. It's maybe something we can look into in the future but with given the complexity of doing that with our current setup it is not priority. Once we push our next update items such as the new Frontier, Sorrows and other things it can be looked into.

My best advice is if you know you want 6 homes, save up 20k and don't buy incrementally.
If you send me the relevant plugin files (As best I can tell none are custom work in this circumstance) and I can take a look and see if I can implement this change for you.

D

Dark Auras

If you send me the relevant plugin files (As best I can tell none are custom work in this circumstance) and I can take a look and see if I can implement this change for you.
It would be a bit more complex than a simple plugin configuration. I'm sure there is a way to do it, and will look into it when I don't have time to from the other things being implemented :)

For now it will need to stay as it always has for 3/4 homes, as a one-off purchase.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
(Wasn't talking about configuration but the Java files. c: )
(Still, by all means.)

Last edited:

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
...Round objects used to catch creatures....

Did HW just become Pokemon?

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
OR you could skip straight to 6 homes. You don't have to buy them all in order to get 6.
Yeah, I know. But if I but the 6 right now it's because I think that it's the most I can get. But then a year later, 7 comes out. . Well, time to buy that one I guess.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
IMG_5893.JPG
*Disclaimer: The term 'all' does not include those that belong to anyone else or those that are hostile, however 'Gotta catch em nearly all of em' and 'Gotta catch some of em' didn't quite have the same ring to it.