Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Map Reveal

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Alright, so while it's been in discussion the past couple days (I believe it was going to be shown in a media release, for one), recent events have had the map released either way. It's also a really small image, it's not updated, and we've got a better one so we're going to show you the better one now. Also a 3D version because they're sexier.

I apologise for the time it's taken - Please trust in me that it's all in progress. There's so much work being done, so many different discussions, that it's hard to keep up with at times and I know this often doesn't show on the player side of things.

There's been some debate and discussion about when we actually move over in recent threads, as well. We are in fact aiming for a July release - But as to the date on that specifically we don't know. There's simply so many factors for us to provide you with one. There's been significant progress so far though, I can assure you that much.
I'm going to show you a list of the areas that are being worked on daily, maybe it'll give you a scope:
Spawn Discussion, Travel System, Noble Houses, Moving Builds, In-Game Tech, Resource Worlds, Map Editing, New Map Lore, Campaign Discussion, Media, Moderation.
(And aside from that we also have the work on current map, be it world editing, more events, moderation, more in game tech...)

Each of these areas have many discussions within, the how and why of moving builds or refunding regions is /huge/. The in game tech(think plugins) is /huge/. I imagine there will be a post detailing more on these things in time, but that's not going to be this thread.

Note that it is still being tweaked here and there, too. Nothing major, but things like trees and terrain edits and the like are ongoing. There will be a spawn based on the polls Archbishop did some time ago, but I'll not be saying where yet.

Big images, but I didn't want to make them smaller - I hope that's appreciated.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Oops I started linking pictures to the map

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Please trust in me that it's all in progress.

Note that it is still being tweaked here and there, too. Nothing major, but things like trees and terrain edits and the like are ongoing.
The swamp is surrounded by a desert? :confused:
This reveal came earlier that I personally would have liked because, as Elz said, it's constantly being tweaked and edited. What you see above will not be the final map. That desert/swamp thing is on the agenda. But with the leak that happened, we give out an unfinished version. But we're working on sprucing up the weird parts currently.

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
This reveal came earlier that I personally would have liked because, as Elz said, it's constantly being tweaked and edited. What you see above will not be the final map. That desert/swamp thing is on the agenda. But with the leak that happened, we give out an unfinished version. But we're working on sprucing up the weird parts currently.
Very happy to hear that. Thanks.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I volunteer to temporarily re-assume permissions to world-edit and voxel IF IT MEANS FIXING THE RIVERS.

(Seriously, it's one element that is ruining an otherwise excellent map for me.)

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Ok, to do list so far:

*Convert central mini desert to grasslands-done.

*Fix rivers- have a plan, now need to do some serious heavy lifting

*convert the desert next to swamp into grasslands and plains -will do today.

*fix lava-y bits in forest. -ongoing.

all else is up for discussion.

Last edited:

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
The map looks really nice, but the screenshots of all the various terrains impressed me more. That's the perspective we will have of the map most of the time.
Ok, to do list so far:

*Convert central mini desert to grasslands-done.

*Fix rivers- have a plan, now need to do some serious heavy lifting

*convert the desert next to swamp into grasslands and plains -will do today.

*fix lava-y bits in forest. -ongoing.

all else is up for discussion.
Sounds fun. I can help!
I volunteer to temporarily re-assume permissions to world-edit and voxel IF IT MEANS FIXING THE RIVERS.

(Seriously, it's one element that is ruining an otherwise excellent map for me.)
Same here. This map needs to be absolutely perfect.

It also could use some more ocean with islands surrounding it. The map edge is very close to the land.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
It also could use some more ocean with islands surrounding it. The map edge is very close to the land.
I have to disagree, the ocean is never used. Islands are, and while there aren't many of those that are truly isolated, there are certainly enough.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I have to disagree, the ocean is never used. Islands are, and while there aren't many of those that are truly isolated, there are certainly enough.
You never truly know about the future, my elf-privateer is trying to reestablish trade both ICly/OOCly.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
If we do ocean events on ships folks tend to be ported by the DM to either the dungeon world or sorrows already. The only other place they really need to be is at dock.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

god bless you