Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Map - Sneak peek (Beaches)

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
(Foreward: You can blame Cap for the delay. I told him I'd wait an hour for every time he asked me when the sneak peek was coming out. He asked quite a few times)

School's out and summer is almost here, it's time for the new map sneak peek and today's theme is Beaches. Now, this is a little all over the place, but I'll include some of the coolest and hottest places to catch some waves or chill in the sun.

First up. Like to chill at the beach? Don't we all. I've got a nice little chilly hideaway for you to chillax at.
2016-06-04_22.29.30.png

Surfing in Siberia not your thing? Perhaps pebbles and peat are your thing, cool cat. Then the islands to the Northwest are where it's at!
2016-06-04_22.30.37.png

Stop playin', you say? Well fine, here's some nice pristine virgin beach* that you can set up on.
2016-06-04_22.32.52.png
Like to ride the dunes and then catch the waves? Well the mesas that run along this western portion of the main continent have many hidden alcoves and sweet spots for setting up the perfect beach party!
2016-06-04_22.34.45.png

More traditional, large beach your thing? Then this western isle has everything you need.
Dunes? Check.
Sandfront beach property? Check.
Babes? Well, that's on you, Big Kahuna!
2016-06-04_22.36.51.png

Those beaches still not sizzling enough for you? Then check out this lavalands beach! It's got basalt, gravel, stone, and everyone's favorite; hardened grey clay!

*Beach is not pristine and has, in fact, been occupied by one IceandFire . Use at your own risk. Archbishop Ltd. not responsible for any misunderstanding of the terms 'virgin' and 'pristine'. 2016.

Attachments

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Next week's theme is up for discussion. I've shown biomes, formations, rivers, etc, but I want to know what YOU want to see!

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
When is the system for transferring over to the new map going to be released? We're about a month away, unless we plan on not introducing the map until summer's half over.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
In regards to caves, the sea level was lowered to make way for more detailed and bigger mountain ranges. As a consequence of this, there isn't a lot of room for caves and caverns. In the mountains, there would be plenty of room, but they were never made, simply because they'd make the mountains look like Swiss cheese.

As far as release, we're aiming for late summer (likely August), but it really depends on a number of factors:
1.) Plugins being up to date, as we'll be looking at the feasibility and possibility of updating to 1.9 then.
2.) Finishing the campaign.
3.) Making some minor tweaks to the map (via W/E and VS)
4.) New spawn (WIP)

In all likelihood, there will be a flat image of the map soon.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
In regards to caves, the sea level was lowered to make way for more detailed and bigger mountain ranges. As a consequence of this, there isn't a lot of room for caves and caverns. In the mountains, there would be plenty of room, but they were never made, simply because they'd make the mountains look like Swiss cheese.

As far as release, we're aiming for late summer (likely August), but it really depends on a number of factors:
1.) Plugins being up to date, as we'll be looking at the feasibility and possibility of updating to 1.9 then.
2.) Finishing the campaign.
3.) Making some minor tweaks to the map (via W/E and VS)
4.) New spawn (WIP)

In all likelihood, there will be a flat image of the map soon.
Why would you choose ruin the production of a new map by delaying its release until when people go back to school, and can't spend the time to enjoy it like they can in the summer? I'm not flaming, I'm asking for the train of thought here.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Right, the new map's the best chance we have at rebounding...

I'd rather not have the fundraiser have been a huge waste.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
The Island of Sodor is surrounded by beautiful blue sea. It has fields of green and sandy yellow beaches. There are rivers, streams, and lots of trees where the birds sing. There are windmills, and a coal mine, and docks where visitors to the Island arrive. The Island also has lots and lots of railway lines. Who's that, puffing down the track? It's Thomas! Hello, Thomas! Hello everybody! Welcome to the Island of Sodor

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
The flat image has already been leaked online for weeks.

In fact, here it is.

Frankly, we're months behind in every project the staff team is currently working on. The campaign, this map, magic. What happened to transparency?

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
The Island of Sodor is surrounded by beautiful blue sea. It has fields of green and sandy yellow beaches. There are rivers, streams, and lots of trees where the birds sing. There are windmills, and a coal mine, and docks where visitors to the Island arrive. The Island also has lots and lots of railway lines. Who's that, puffing down the track? It's Thomas! Hello, Thomas! Hello everybody! Welcome to the Island of Sodor
What

In fact, here it is.

Frankly, we're months behind in every project the staff team is currently working on. The campaign, this map, magic. What happened to transparency?
The Fuck

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Next week's theme is up for discussion. I've shown biomes, formations, rivers, etc, but I want to know what YOU want to see!

Something mystical within the map. Perhaps some of the more.. altered lands? ( I mean stuff that's been screwed around with in terms of magical lore )

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
If there are any, I'd personally like to see some of the tropical climates; palm trees, islands, mountainous landscapes with vines and crap.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop

In fact, here it is.