Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Map - Sneak peek (Beaches)

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
The flat image has already been leaked online for weeks.

In fact, here it is.

Frankly, we're months behind in every project the staff team is currently working on. The campaign, this map, magic. What happened to transparency?

.. Tis a beautiful thing, truly.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
My big question is why was this announced long before it was close to ready? It halts build initiative until completed.

For that matter, why do we keep hyping the new map when it is multiple months from release? Each of these new bits of tease are actually now showing just how long it's been from announcement and halting of stuff on old map to release.

Why do we keep drip feeding tiny pidgins of interesting pieces of map? Could not time be better spent refining and releasing the mechanics for which we will claim these new spots instead of just showcasing the results of staff looking over new spots?

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
My big question is why was this announced long before it was close to ready? It halts build initiative until completed.

For that matter, why do we keep hyping the new map when it is multiple months from release? Each of these new bits of tease are actually now showing just how long it's been from announcement and halting of stuff on old map to release.
Couldn't fund it without hyping people up so they'd donate. I think that it was revealed too early too, but I'm not sure how else they'd fund it.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Couldn't fund it without hyping people up so they'd donate. I think that it was revealed too early too, but I'm not sure how else they'd fund it.
But the fundraiser itself could have waited until the staff team was actually ready to execute on the results of it. RN money has been taken but no real results have been forthcoming besides things that were part of the map buy. IE - Kickstarter syndrome.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Is the campaign going to last all the way until August, too? We're about 4 months in with two events having happened.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I would simply recommend a push, I'm afraid.

The only reason I say that is simply because, guys, staff. Seriously when I say this, please listen. When school starts ( With a, lets face it, a slowly negating member base. ) we're not going to have enough members to properly rp on the map, I simply recommend that we push progression due to the fact that if you do, you guarantee a influx of members as we did when we had the first Aeon event. You had close to . . well, idk, but it was a heavy amount that the server hadn't seen in a long time. But it was due to a server-changing event.

You will lose members and activity due to school starting. Two months isn't a lot of time to push a couple events, but its worth a try.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I'm happy to wait, I've still got my plot to RP and play on while saving for the new map. Also, end of August, the new WoW xpac comes out so people'll drop activity for that too.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
nononoNoooo....

THE HYDROSTATICS.

I CANNOT UNSEE IT.

WATER.. RIVERS...

THROUGH THE WHOLE CONTINENT!

NOTHING BUT DITCHES! AN ENTIRE CONTINENT OF THIIIIILLLLLLLLLLL

WATERDOESNOTWORKTHATWAY.png

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Elaboration:

We have two different sides of this continent connecting into one another.

Hydrologically, this means:

A) One ocean is draining into another one /through/ the middle of this continent with a river with stampeding force crushing everything in it's path, and the swamp in the middle there is completely impossible as no water would be stagnant, as would at least one of the deltas.

B) The two oceans are of equal hydrostatic level, and thus there is a GIANT DITCH/CANAL winding throughout the continent. Again, no deltas possible, there is no water flow.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Elaboration:

We have two different sides of this continent connecting into one another.

Hydrologically, this means:

A) One ocean is draining into another one /through/ the middle of this continent with a river with stampeding force crushing everything in it's path, and the swamp in the middle there is completely impossible as no water would be stagnant, as would at least one of the deltas.

B) The two oceans are of equal hydrostatic level, and thus there is a GIANT DITCH/CANAL winding throughout the continent. Again, no deltas possible, there is no water flow.
River bifurcation /does/ exist, although certainly not on this scale.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
is it just me or does that overhead look kinda like westeros?
No, not really, insomuch as the similarity to

Oblongy islandy bits are going to look kinda similar if they have similar proportions but there's no general similarity between them I can see.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
as much as a perfect copy of europe to RP in would please me and others, someone out there always wants the goofy mushroom forest or the magical lava volcano. sacrifices must be made.

except in the field of rivers oh my god i complained to readij for hours before we got the new map

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Can't sleep, so I'll pontificate a bit.

That's an early render of the map to the public. We have been and will continue to make changes to it. I, personally, am going to do some serious world editing to create different watersheds.

And no, no triple plateau waterfall river systems.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Is the campaign going to last all the way until August, too? We're about 4 months in with two events having happened.
That's the side effect of not having a mary sue character that knows all the locations and ways into a bastion and we have to do some more looking ourselfs

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
That's the side effect of not having a mary sue character that knows all the locations and ways into a bastion and we have to do some more looking ourselfs
I explored so much the week after the Bastion stuff was announced, I covered most of the places I expected them to be and found all three remaining bastion sites.

Then they announced every trip had to be DMed, and a bunch of other delay hooha and I knew the other dungeons weren't finished, and my initiative was taken away from me.

Then the instant one dungeon was finished Balatro spoonfed the location to his group of friends.

It's been very dissatisfying, especially since I've been waiting on getting research notes back all these months.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
... its like, yknow, we couldve found all the bastion stones irl five times over

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I'd like to think that there's been no bias of heavy direction poking from staff, but I'm also not sure what to say to 'I found all the sites but I gave up when I found I had to have them DM'd'. People have been getting it DM'd for them to even traverse landscapes, sail, and what have you. I don't know if this is a 'they're not hard enough to find' comment, or not.
(I also know nothing about research notes and the like. I'm simply not aware of everything that's going on around this campaign but I'd suggest messaging a staff member you think would be able to assist)

They're still not found, either way. As I said on the other thread I'm willing to be present for DMing further.
Raphael, you've not found them and as far as I know you've not attempted to, so I'm not sure if your comment is a dig and if it's necessary.

As for the map, yes it has rivers. I'm not someone who's seriously bothered about our current map aside from the weird ass waterfalls everywhere, though, so this just hasn't crossed my mind. I'll also be looking into posting an updated version and other snippets shortly assuming some staff talks go well.

And that's all I think I can say. Feel free to message me if there's something dire on your mind, and the like.