Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Map - Sneak peek (Beaches)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I explored so much the week after the Bastion stuff was announced, I covered most of the places I expected them to be and found all three remaining bastion sites.

Then they announced every trip had to be DMed, and a bunch of other delay hooha and I knew the other dungeons weren't finished, and my initiative was taken away from me.

Then the instant one dungeon was finished Balatro spoonfed the location to his group of friends.

It's been very dissatisfying, especially since I've been waiting on getting research notes back all these months.
If you're referring to my and San's group of explorers we did three events in a row to find the second Bastion. The third and final event where when we did find said Bastion it was given to Rygans group without any attempt at communication even though the location was reserved for our groups event a full week in advance. Rygan has since apologized to me and my salt is gone but we actually worked for that second Bastion location and for the discovery. Our agency was taken away. The pirate captain who pointed us towards the fourth and last one was to an already widely known Bastion as it had already been discovered a full OOC month before hand after the end of two events searching the entire volcanic island where scourge lay.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
@First page

The system for transferring over to the new map will be released as soon as the final bits are approved. There is no delaying the release, no. Late august is indeed a long stretch and we're aiming to spot a deadline a bit earlier than that. This is so that we can coordinate with people after their finals are over and they have free time in the summer. You can say summer is now, but there's still a bit of finals and deadlines going on. The details Arch listed are vital to that goal.

I'm a bit disappointed the post of the dynmap was thrown off with a comment on transparency- I'm sorry there's no feeling that we're all pulling our weight to finish all of our projects to prep for the New Map along with keeping everything on the server here up-to-date. If the threads for suggestions and Staff transparency on projects weren't enough, I'm not sure what would be. I heard discussion is what players want- but we've had a ton of muchly appreciated discussion threads already, too.. Several announcements as well.

My big question is why was this announced long before it was close to ready? It halts build initiative until completed.

For that matter, why do we keep hyping the new map when it is multiple months from release? Each of these new bits of tease are actually now showing just how long it's been from announcement and halting of stuff on old map to release.

Why do we keep drip feeding tiny pidgins of interesting pieces of map? Could not time be better spent refining and releasing the mechanics for which we will claim these new spots instead of just showcasing the results of staff looking over new spots?
If you mean the announcement for the New Map, it was because we needed donations to even be able to begin our setup and prep for it to be released for our playerbase. It hasn't halted build initiative, strange enough. People have continued to build despite waiting for the New Map. Coordinating this server is a lot of work. We have to do a ton of multitasking. Time spent refining and releasing mechanics has occurred. That doesn't mean we shouldn't show everyone pictures of what they helped to make happen along with our progress in finishing back-end prep.

As mentioned by Arch and Elz, we're still in the editing phase, so the map posted is not quite accurate. Hopefully this can re-rail back to the discussion of screenshots of the map as it was intended to be. If you've also a question for me- send me a Convo. I'll admit, I don't answer right away as there's a lot of things I need to coordinate usually, but I do always respond when I can.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Totally different subject.
I'm totally gonna make a city at that lavaland beach or atleast some buildings, gotta start my pumice stone cooperation somewhere~

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I'd like to think that there's been no bias of heavy direction poking from staff, but I'm also not sure what to say to 'I found all the sites but I gave up when I found I had to have them DM'd'. People have been getting it DM'd for them to even traverse landscapes, sail, and what have you. I don't know if this is a 'they're not hard enough to find' comment, or not.
(I also know nothing about research notes and the like. I'm simply not aware of everything that's going on around this campaign but I'd suggest messaging a staff member you think would be able to assist)

They're still not found, either way. As I said on the other thread I'm willing to be present for DMing further.
Raphael, you've not found them and as far as I know you've not attempted to, so I'm not sure if your comment is a dig and if it's necessary.

As for the map, yes it has rivers. I'm not someone who's seriously bothered about our current map aside from the weird ass waterfalls everywhere, though, so this just hasn't crossed my mind. I'll also be looking into posting an updated version and other snippets shortly assuming some staff talks go well.

And that's all I think I can say. Feel free to message me if there's something dire on your mind, and the like.
not a dig at all, I refrain from that, I'm merely saying like, irl, people could've found it five times over.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
not a dig at all, I refrain from that, I'm merely saying like, irl, people could've found it five times over.
first of all, if this were IRL, chacnes are the bastions wouldn't be limited to one continental location, especially not one people would've explored and probably discovered already, YEARS before they'd be where we are now in rp. secondly, when you start saying stuff like that, it makes me assume you have notes, statistics, or something of the like, so if you're gonna say something like that, please have evidence to back it up. Finally... so? People could've found them, yes... but as shown with the first bastion (rp problems of having so many people in one event at a time aside) they technically knew where the first location was due to Clain knowing about it, and the event STILL seemed fun! But now I'm seeing people complain because they have to actually rp for the bastions? So what? the rp of bastions isn't JUST finding them, it's also exploring them, dealing with whatever's inside, and overall trying to stay alive. I wouldn't care if it took 2 weeks of rp to find one bastion site so long as it had good, eventful rp other than: "There's rocks 'n stuff... oh look, the special rock, you're ok to leave now." plus, if it takes longer, you're getting more eventful rp out of one thing than normal, though I will admit that repetitive rp of "There's a snek." "Ah kill the snek." "Snek is ded..." "Ah move forward." "There's another snek." and on and on... so long as the rp continues to be interesting (Just get a good DM) then I see absolutely no problem with it.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
f "There's a snek." "Ah kill the snek." "Snek is ded..." "Ah move forward." "There's another snek." and on and on... so long as the rp continues to be interesting (Just get a good DM) then I see absolutely no problem with it.
You nailed it in one. (I used 3 different DMs, too.)

I found it, though, but I wouldn't call the experience fun.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
You nailed it in one. (I used 3 different DMs, too.)

I found it, though, but I wouldn't call the experience fun.
then why address the length? Address the quality. As I stated above, so long as the rp is good, I don't entirely care how long it takes, though obviously this is more of a personal preference.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
then why address the length? Address the quality. As I stated above, so long as the rp is good, I don't entirely care how long it takes, though obviously this is more of a personal preference.
Cause the DM's were great, but there's only so many ways you can make walking around a jungle interesting. I don't care about the length to getting there, what made it frustrating is that 0 landmarks were used and it was pretty much just me wandering until I found it doing the same roleplay in five hour bursts over and over again.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Cause the DM's were great, but there's only so many ways you can make walking around a jungle interesting. I don't care about the length to getting there, what made it frustrating is that 0 landmarks were used and it was pretty much just me wandering until I found it doing the same roleplay in five hour bursts over and over again.
then that's understood. I suppose I should change my wording from the length doesnt matter to, as long as it's shown to players that progress is being made, and a decent amount of a ratio of progress to time is kept, then length doesn't ENTIRELY matter, so long as the rp is good... does that work?

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
then that's understood. I suppose I should change my wording from the length doesnt matter to, as long as it's shown to players that progress is being made, and a decent amount of a ratio of progress to time is kept, then length doesn't ENTIRELY matter, so long as the rp is good... does that work?
I agree - the issue we had was never with length, it's that there's no progress until you find the damn thing after 18 hours.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
I agree - the issue we had was never with length, it's that there's no progress until you find the damn thing after 18 hours.
to be fair, the way it was worded in your post made it sound much more like the issue WAS length, but that's me. In anycase, I suppose that's more of something to be brought up in a different thread than this one, since this is for the maps and I totally forgot that XD