Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Map - Sneak peek (Cliffs 'n Such)

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
My apologies for missing last Saturday. I hope you weren't chewing at the bit too much. I was busy helping some of my students prepare for finals this week. School is now out for the summer, and so I should have more free time.

Today represents some serious geology, Mountains and Cliffs. From rugged peaks to eroded hills and deadly bluffs, today is all about the moving and shaking of tectonic plates.

As shown before (but in a new picture), these are the Prismarine Hills of the Western Isles. Rich veins of the semi-precious blue stone are marbled throughout these massive hills that make up the center of the isles.
2016-05-25_15.00.59.png
In stark contrast to the darker Prismarine Hills of the Western Isles, the Marble Hills (Quartz) of the Eastern Highlands are any artist's dream. Want to build a Greek temple? Craft the most beautiful statue? Or simply want to carve the most beautiful and engraved commode for you heiney? Then you better make some sharp deals with the miners of these hills.
2016-05-25_15.09.53.png
Farther north from the Marble Hills, are the rather unassuming, but difficult to traverse, Eastern Highlands. More luscious than the Marble Hills, these would make the perfect region for a Ranger Fort, or Private Fortress for mercenaries.
2016-05-25_15.10.53.png
One of my all-time favorite locations for city-building, these steppe hills are surrounded by forests and then by mountains on all but one side. The last side has a river for that added layer of protection. A city or castle-builders dream!
2016-05-25_15.11.54.png
Strange sights can be found in the middle of the Great Forests here. None know exactly where these bare rock shields came from, but all agree that plants seem to shun them.
2016-05-25_15.12.22.png
Similar to the steppe shown above is another such steppe, but on the North-western portion of the map. Another great location for a would-be builder.
2016-05-25_15.13.19.png
The mesas are a true sight to see. The various plateaus and buttes that dot the more arid regions of the map are perfect for Bandits, Soolerans, and other desert-folk to build their bases, camps, and cave-dwellings. If anyone has seen Montezuma's Castle in Arizona, this would be the locale for something of that magnitude.
2016-05-25_15.13.57.png
Rifts and deep valleys cut through the various mesas of the desert. Perfect for an ambush.
2016-05-25_15.14.24.png
Sheer limestone cliffs line these small mountains jutting out from the forest. Another great place for an outpost.
2016-05-25_15.15.22.png
This is what happens when the cold extremes of the North run into the heated extremes of the Lavalands.
2016-05-25_15.22.54.png

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Saturday is devoted to the dusty prairie, the rolling plains, the great steppes, windy and swaying grasses, and all things Genghis Khan and Attila. Saturday is Plains.
2016-05-25_15.39.11.png

Also, another freebie. Round 2 of a Readij collectable!
2016-05-25_15.18.27.png