Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Map - Sneak peek (Forest)

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Ok, now that we're on our Wed/Sat schedule, I can start anew with these sneak peeks.

Today's theme is Forest,

I love forests, you love forests, we all love forests, and it is for this reason that I'm going to be a bit more giving with this thread.

I'm dividing this up into two sections: the Oak forests and the Birch forests.

This post is devoted to the Oaks:

While you've seen this picture before, I thought it was one of the better ones. It's a quiet clearing in a fairly large forest.
2016-04-27_16.03.02.png

This hillside doesn't have as many trees, but it provides interesting terrain to work with.
2016-04-27_16.02.51.png

Some trees are larger than others...
2016-04-27_16.04.10.png
The canopy forest has unexplored portions that are dark all day long.
2016-04-27_16.04.52.png

One of the peaks in the center of the forest.
2016-04-27_16.06.05.png

A hidden vale.
2016-04-27_16.06.22.png

A bumbling stream cuts through the mighty throngs of oak.
2016-04-27_16.06.57.png

Found this lonely oak on the coast of a large inland lake.
2016-04-27_16.15.55.png

The hills behind these trees contain bits and pieces of marble (quartz). Perhaps some town can claim them and export them?
2016-05-04_20.24.06.png

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
The second major portion are the small but mighty birch forests. While rarer than their oak cousins, birch forests contain secrets that might be relayed and presented later.

The Sun sets on another beautiful day in this hidden wood.
2016-05-04_20.37.53.png

A beautiful Moon shines through the ghostly-white branches of a lone birch tree.
2016-05-04_20.50.00.png

Camp-out under the stars...
2016-05-04_20.51.57.png

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Saturday's sneak peek is something a bit new, and a bit special:

The Deadlands

Is the land locked in perpetual autumn? Is it a curse? Why does the very land itself seem to wither and die here?
2016-04-30_00.12.25.png

Also, another freebie (and not really a sneak peek), a rare and collectable Readij pic!
2016-04-29_23.45.33.png

Pirapple

Lord of Altera
The deadlands are probably the most gorgeous thing I have seen in minecraft since the original Mines of Moria remake on this server. That is insane.

Also, I got a JungleReadij card! Imma kick all your butts in Altera the Gathering.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Was doing tours for staffies and decided to snap a few more. So here you go, first one is more of the oasis, and the second is a (Semi) fixed waterfall.
2016-05-04_21.53.33.png

2016-05-04_22.12.22.png

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Wouldn't this actually be possible under lore? It's a pretty simple mechanism that could power a mill or a drawbridge/the like.
I will say that these are my thoughts, and that you'd have to ask Faelin for a definitive answer, but I don't see a problem with water mills for grinding grain seeing as they were more common than windmills (but not as common as man or animal-powered mills) in various places around the Medieval Era. I'm not so sure about water powered gates though...

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
I will say that these are my thoughts, and that you'd have to ask Faelin for a definitive answer, but I don't see a problem with water mills for grinding grain seeing as they were more common than windmills (but not as common as man or animal-powered mills) in various places around the Medieval Era. I'm not so sure about water powered gates though...
Ssssshhh, I'm dutch. I can do all the water management