Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Map - Sneak peek (???)

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
we need to have at least some base in reality. just because it's roleplay doesn't mean we can excuse extremely alien worlds

there's also the factor that you can't settle close to 'the Rift' due to the extreme heat, and further distances put you at risk for volcanic smog and poisonous gasses. and if it's an active volcano (as the lava would not be exposed to the surface if it was not an active volcano), settling anywhere near it puts you at risk for eruption and lava flows.

that goes for all the volcanoes actually. shame on you if you settle near them, because that'd be legitimately impossible.

Do me a favor and tell that to House Dunasten and any other dwarven tribe settling in a gods-forsaken volcano. The race lore for dwarves didn't say anything about a immunity to gases and immense heat. In other words- I'd rather they all didn't die out.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Do me a favor and tell that to House Dunasten and any other dwarven tribe settling in a gods-forsaken volcano. The race lore for dwarves didn't say anything about a immunity to gases and immense heat. In other words- I'd rather they all didn't die out.
dear gods please don't start this on the forums :confused: There is an explanation for being able to be close to lava. There are lava kinds you can even get so close to so you can sample it, here on earth. Other than that, I do not intend to spend any more words on this matter.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The cooking on lava stuff is generally speaking from Hawaii, where the pahoehoe is already cool by action of the entire pacific ocean on the way up plus hotspot tectonics.

If you're digging into a continental/mountainous volcano, and you're proximate to lava, generally speaking, problems will be had that need dealing with.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Is this map actually optimized for 1.9 - meaning also using 1.9 blocks, unlike the other maps who were always a few builds behind in terms of main map blocks?
It's got the majority of up-to-date blocks present in the map. Honestly, the only thing I haven't seen are the new end (purpur and end stone brick) blocks, which you wouldn't have access to anyway, so... hope that should work for everyone.