Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Player Questions

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I think they meant for OOC use
yeah an ooc enchantment table.

Simple enough request- I've added it into that same library at the first floor. It may not be up to level 30, but it's good for new players to start up and use.
Could you boost it up to lvl 30? I believe people rarely use an enchantment table if they're not lvl 30

Moosh

Lord of Altera
Hero
Pronouns
He/Him
Mooshroommanic
Mooshroommanic
Hero
I have some questions about the rules of weapons and armor when it comes to rp:
  1. Can I craft my own weapons like Iron swords and Iron armor for the purpose of Vanilla or do i have to RP make it; going to a blacksmith for each kind of thing I need made.
  2. Is the same sword used as a template for whatever someone wants to rp it as? Ex; Iron sword is RPed as a bronze or iron sword, or iron sword is rped as a steel sword, or iron sword is rped as the legendary dragon-slayer of ages past, etc.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I have some questions about the rules of weapons and armor when it comes to rp:
  1. Can I craft my own weapons like Iron swords and Iron armor for the purpose of Vanilla or do i have to RP make it; going to a blacksmith for each kind of thing I need made.
  2. Is the same sword used as a template for whatever someone wants to rp it as? Ex; Iron sword is RPed as a bronze or iron sword, or iron sword is rped as a steel sword, or iron sword is rped as the legendary dragon-slayer of ages past, etc.
  1. We don't use minecraft as the basis of our crafting, so you'd have to go to a blacksmith, but you can start with a basic sword made of iron at most.
  2. Yes, the prop or item is just for immersion sake.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Is the same sword used as a template for whatever someone wants to rp it as? Ex; Iron sword is RPed as a bronze or iron sword, or iron sword is rped as a steel sword, or iron sword is rped as the legendary dragon-slayer of ages past, etc.
It’s useful to note that in Conquest (the unofficial official pack used on HW), you’re able to use an anvil to rename weapons/armor/items to give them specific looks. For example, you can rename a sword to look like a longsword, spear, etc. Or rename a bow to look like a crossbow

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It’s useful to note that in Conquest (the unofficial official pack used on HW), you’re able to use an anvil to rename weapons/armor/items to give them specific looks. For example, you can rename a sword to look like a longsword, spear, etc. Or rename a bow to look like a crossbow
wow, I wish I could download Conquest without my computer deciding it's a threat and deleting it before the download is complete. Even from the official website it does that :')

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
wow, I wish I could download Conquest without my computer deciding it's a threat and deleting it before the download is complete. Even from the official website it does that :')
Doesn't give you a download anyways option?

Opal

Lord of Altera
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
opal_frog
opal_frog
Legend
I’m about to apply for whitelisting and I was wondering if there are any age restrictions for characters, for example are they supposed to be above a certain age? I’m asking because I was thinking of roleplaying as a child.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I’m about to apply for whitelisting and I was wondering if there are any age restrictions for characters, for example are they supposed to be above a certain age? I’m asking because I was thinking of roleplaying as a child.
You can roleplay as a child, certainly! If you like, once your whitelist is approved, you can ask around and perhaps you can be the kid of a family already around in Altera? Looking forward to your application!

Opal

Lord of Altera
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
opal_frog
opal_frog
Legend
You can roleplay as a child, certainly! If you like, once your whitelist is approved, you can ask around and perhaps you can be the kid of a family already around in Altera? Looking forward to your application!
Ok, thank you!

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
things have changed alot since i did it, though i believe it starts in the temple and leads you from there. If you failed to start it completely, I think there is a boat in spawn that will take you back. I also believe there is a command that will prompt what the next quest is though i can't remember it. here is a link to the starter guide though, it will run you through it I believe. https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/starter-guide.42188/

lattiko

Villager
Hey, I've been writing out my application for the server, and I had a couple of questions.

First off, the character I wanted to make was a Moor Elf. I was looking at the clans for moor elves and since each clan has specific physical traits, I wanted to make my character have dark grey skin and white hair so that he could be part of a noble clan. But under the assumption that my application gets accepted, how do I join a noble clan in HollowWorld? Do I ask to join OOC or while IC? And if I did ask to join IC, then wouldn't that make my character clanless before they join?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I want to make sure before I apply. I think I'm probably overthinking this...

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
Hey, I've been writing out my application for the server, and I had a couple of questions.

First off, the character I wanted to make was a Moor Elf. I was looking at the clans for moor elves and since each clan has specific physical traits, I wanted to make my character have dark grey skin and white hair so that he could be part of a noble clan. But under the assumption that my application gets accepted, how do I join a noble clan in HollowWorld?
You don't have to play your application character - if needed, you can post in roleplaying discussion for anyone willing to accept that your character is of their noble clan (in an out-of-character fashion). You could then work with any individual replying to this to flesh out where your charcater fits into the clan's specific structure.

I'd recommend simply making your application, and then posting such a request.

Ayda strikes me as a good person to talk to regarding Moor Elves.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner

First off, the character I wanted to make was a Moor Elf. I was looking at the clans for moor elves and since each clan has specific physical traits, I wanted to make my character have dark grey skin and white hair so that he could be part of a noble clan. But under the assumption that my application gets accepted, how do I join a noble clan in HollowWorld? Do I ask to join OOC or while IC? And if I did ask to join IC, then wouldn't that make my character clanless before they join?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I want to make sure before I apply. I think I'm probably overthinking this...
I wanted to clarify a few things as someone who wrote the Lore on Clans- You can have dark grey skin and white hair without being a noble. Perhaps something happened in your backstory that lead to it? It can always be left to interpretation. You can also have an NPC noble clan- ie, a family in your backstory. Ayda has something written up about current active noble clans that you can inquire on if you mean to join a group, though. You can ask both ooc and ic, though it'd be far more interesting to dive into in RP. Your character doesn't have to be clanless right off the bat- Perhaps the Clan they're joining has different requirements of taking on their Noble Clan Name. This is a rough explanation to your questions and it can be elaborated on if you need!

lattiko

Villager
Hey, my application just got accepted and I'm planning on starting to play in a couple of hours. A question I had was how much Mok'yra am I expected to know as a Moor elf when I join to be able to RP with other Moor Elves? I'm learning as much as I can, but it's a question I had in mind. Sorry for all the questions!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hey, my application just got accepted and I'm planning on starting to play in a couple of hours. A question I had was how much Mok'yra am I expected to know as a Moor elf when I join to be able to RP with other Moor Elves? I'm learning as much as I can, but it's a question I had in mind. Sorry for all the questions!
Hello! The lexicon is purely for flavor that some of the moors use. If you have a Moor character, feel free to use the text representation for speaking Mok'yra in rp. I'd recommend learning the simple one word ones if you want to briefly implement it: Hello, goodbye, Yes, No, etc.

<Mok'yra: Greetings..> as opposed to "Shraz'yra" (Mok'yra for 'greetings'), which works just as well.