Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Player Questions

HollowWorld

HollowWorld's Announcer
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Staff
iconn.png
Copy of Copy of ICEANDFIRE (6).png

Jumping into a new community can be a scary thing sometimes, but don't let it be! Please feel free to ask any questions here!
A staff member will pop in to answer any questions you have!

LQLAM9m.png

Common Questions:

Q: Where do I go after I complete the tutorial quest?
A: You can go to the Sorrows to get started on resources and just enjoying vanilla Minecraft if you're too shy to start roleplaying right away. You can also go to The Lost Frontier if you'd like to claim a little plot for you to safely build. But most people will jump straight into RP! We recommend starting at Storm's Landing!
-----------

Q:
What's the Server's IP?
A: Check here
-----------

Q:
Does the written test for whitelisting have to be based in HollowWorld?
A: It has to show basic understanding of our Lore and your own writing skills as a roleplayer or storyteller. The character should at least be able to fit into the setting of the server as you may be roleplaying them when approved.
-----------

Q:
Can this be like a short story from a time in the character's life? In the world of course.
A: Yes, As long as it's about the character you are going to play in the setting of this server.
-----------

Q:
Are there werewolves and/or vampires in lore/on this server?
A: We don't have werewolves. But we do have Vyres.
-----------

Q:
Is there a list somewhere of cross-species viability? For example, if an elf taking a caparii "mate" would they be able to create a child? Would one race's genes be completely dominant over the other
A: Only the Elven and Human races can cross-breed. The offspring would have to be either an Elf or a Human. They may carry the same genetic traits of both parents (hair,eye color, skin color, facial features, etc), so long as they aren't exclusive traits to the other species. Be sure to read the race lore.
-----------

Q:
I'm interested in playing a pureblood caparii, but I have a follow-up question: is there any lore basis for minor mutations in horns (i.e. they have deer-like/pronged antlers)?
A: They only have the usual goat/ram like curling horns, not deer-like.
-----------

Q:
I see that the Sorrows is a PVP free-for-all for gathering resources, but where can one build their own little farm, traveling only to the city to socialize, sell their wares, and purchase goods? Is there a specific server/area for "free-building" and would there be actual cities nearby, or is it all just free-builds?
A: Players responded- "The main map does not contain free building, but you can also use the Frontier to claim a small portion and build there. I cannot guarantee there would be cities or towns nearby as those are usually reserved for the main role playing map. Perhaps you could speak to a region owner to let you create a small lodge near their town, as it could be difficult for a new player to gather enough radiants to make a region. 50k for the ability to purchase a region, 50k for first plot in a region. Additional plots in that region is considerably less. I want to say around 1-3k. Best thing to do when starting is to join a group and then rp will naturally progress from there. You can get good RP by just trying to find which city you want to start out in."
-----------

Q:
I added the server but it won't let me enter because it's out of date.
A: You need to be on 1.16.5 to play on our server.
-----------

Q:
Do you need some texture pack to play on the server?
A: No, you're free to choose your own medieval or default texturepack. But we strongly recommend you try Conquest as it is very, very common on the server and is immersive. The map was also created with Conquest in mind, so you may enjoy the experience more if it's installed.
-----------

Q:
What time zone is this server most active in?
A: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/timezones-availability-and-you.45332/
-----------

Q:
I’m about to apply for whitelisting and I was wondering if there are any age restrictions for characters, for example, are they supposed to be above a certain age? I’m asking because I was thinking of roleplaying as a child.
A: You’re welcome to roleplay as a child of any age.
-----------

Q:
Are we allowed to make up a place that our character comes from if it is not in the RP world?
A: Other continents might exist, but they have not been revealed and so you cannot travel from them. It is recommended to use pre-existing kingdoms if they appear in your character's story but it’s pretty simple enough to just refer to a small nameless hamlet.
-----------

Q:
I saw the race Immortal Construct on the races tab and I'm interested in playing as one, but it says that it requires an application. Could my whitelist application count as that application or not?
A: It is not the same application. There are some races like Immortal Constructs and Makani that you must apply for before playing them. Interested parties can open up a ticket with Lore on Discord or the forums to apply to play a restricted race.
-----------

Q:
Do I have to be one of the Elf cultures like Moor/Silver/Forest, or can I be just an Elf?
A: You can elect to play an Elven character following the base lore page (Hyperlink), you do not need to play one of the sub-types.
-----------

Q:
I assume I can apply on a burner character just to show I understand the lore and rules, and then make the specific character I want to play later once I figure it out?
A: Yes, the character in your whitelist application does not have to be the one you play on the server.
-----------

If you get lost just type /warp whitelist, and remember if you have any questions you can drop them here or in the player questions section on the Discord !

hwglobe.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Does the written test for whitelisting have to be based in HollowWorld?
I believe it has to be something adhering to the lore to show an understanding of it and basic writing skill!

Myst

Villager
Aug, alright. I dispise writing about a certain, specific thing. I like choosing my own stuff. *angry arm cross*

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Aug, alright. I dispise writing about a certain, specific thing. I like choosing my own stuff. *angry arm cross*
We ask you to write the test about the character you intend to use on HollowWorld so we can make sure you understand our lore. We look forward to reading it.

Myst

Villager
I've written the narative, but I must ask, can this be like a short story from a time in the character's life? In the world of course.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
I've written the narative, but I must ask, can this be like a short story from a time in the character's life? In the world of course.
That should be fine as far as I know, as long as it's about the character you are going to play, in the setting of this server.

Bananasaurus

Villager
Hi there! I have 3 questions before I fill out my white-list application:
1) Are there werewolves and/or vampires in lore/on this server?
2) Is there a list somewhere of cross-species viability? For example, if an elf taking a caparii "mate" would they be able to create a child? Would one race's genes be completely dominant over the other (like if a silver elf and forest elf created a child, would the child look exclusively like a silver elf, etc)? Or would similar humanoid races such as elves, humans, dwarves, and caparii be able to produce true hybrids?
3) I see mentions of other races besides those listed in the main race sub-forum. Are any of those playable, and where can I find a list of those?

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
1. Nope no vamps or lycans unfortunately.
2. No.
3. Unfortunately most legacy races are barred from being played, sorry.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
1. Nope no vamps or lycans unfortunately.
2. No.
3. Unfortunately most legacy races are barred from being played, sorry.
What he meant to say was,

2. The only races that can crossbreed are all variations of elves and humans. The child only comes out as 1 or the other.