Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New Player Questions

lattiko

Villager
Hello! The lexicon is purely for flavor that some of the moors use. If you have a Moor character, feel free to use the text representation for speaking Mok'yra in rp. I'd recommend learning the simple one word ones if you want to briefly implement it: Hello, goodbye, Yes, No, etc.

<Mok'yra: Greetings..> as opposed to "Shraz'yra" (Mok'yra for 'greetings'), which works just as well.
Thank you so much!!

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
Clarification Please: My character wasn't born in Altera but instead moved to it recently for plot reasons, as far as I know that's okay but I never know how to address it in rp because I usually say either: He's from a far away place-which usually leads to alien jokes. He's traveled from an old town on a far off continent, or he came from a town called Ravent in the far off kingdom of Cordelia (Not in rp world). I don't say the last one that often but if I do I always clarify that it isn't a real place in the rp world. My question is if that is even allowed, I mean to make up a place that your character comes from. If you could have that clarified it would be much appreciated Thank you!

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
Clarification Please: My character wasn't born in Altera but instead moved to it recently for plot reasons, as far as I know that's okay but I never know how to address it in rp because I usually say either: He's from a far away place-which usually leads to alien jokes. He's traveled from an old town on a far off continent, or he came from a town called Ravent in the far off kingdom of Cordelia (Not in rp world). I don't say the last one that often but if I do I always clarify that it isn't a real place in the rp world. My question is if that is even allowed, I mean to make up a place that your character comes from. If you could have that clarified it would be much appreciated Thank you!
I can safely say that continents outside of the one we are currently settled on are not allowed within lore. To clarify, other continents might exist, but they have not been revealed through events. That being said, it is recommended to use pre-existing kingdoms if something of the sort will appear in your characters story. As for villages, it’s pretty sinple to just call it a small nameless hamlet.

In short; no far away kingdoms or additional continents

Edit: in addition, “Altera” is the realm name. Everyone is born into it.

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
I can safely say that continents outside of the one we are currently settled on are not allowed within lore. To clarify, other continents might exist, but they have not been revealed through events. That being said, it is recommended to use pre-existing kingdoms if something of the sort will appear in your characters story. As for villages, it’s pretty sinple to just call it a small nameless hamlet.

In short; no far away kingdoms or additional continents

Edit: in addition, “Altera” is the realm name. Everyone is born into it.
Oh, sorry about that. I'll go mess around with his backstory so that it fits the lore better. I'll just be vague and use the nameless village response for now. Thanks for the clarification

Edit: Is there a name for where all the main regions are located? Cause I just have him as, travelling throughout the major cities, instead of travelling to Altera

Last edited:

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Retired Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Oh, sorry about that. I'll go mess around with his backstory so that it fits the lore better. I'll just be vague and use the nameless village response for now. Thanks for the clarification

Edit: Is there a name for where all the main regions are located? Cause I just have him as, travelling throughout the major cities, instead of travelling to Altera
Here's an unofficial claims map for the major nations. Is this kind of what you're asking for?

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/starter-guide.42188/

There is the link to the starter guide. May also be a whitelisting problem. I know in the past you had to do something like /warp whitelist or /whitelist in text before you could do anything. If this doesn't help, try messaging an admin [one with red titles when you hold down tab] when they are on for help. Hope this helps.

Yuto Walker

Villager
The brewery plugin is still available right? Not the brewery from the MCMMO Plugin, but from Thy Brewery Plugin itself.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Not a new player but... Is monster spawn in the sorrows governed by a hidden command block?
I know the sorrows are set to the highest difficulty and that's not the issue.

However, at least to my memory, more than two spiders spawning almost on top of you is a rare occurrence in minecraft, and yet, it seems to be not so rare in the sorrows right now.

E: this is a serious question btw.

Last edited:

AzanaAzura

Villager
AzanorComeBack
AzanorComeBack
New Player Question & Answer Thread

Jumping into a new community can be a scary thing sometimes, but don't let it be! Please feel free to ask any questions here! A mentor or a staff will pop in answer any questions you have!

Common Questions:
Q: Where do I go after I complete the tutorial quest?
A: You can go to the Sorrows to get started on resources and just enjoying vanilla Minecraft if you're too shy to start roleplaying right away. You can also go to The Lost Frontier if you'd like to claim a little plot for you to safely build. But most people will jump straight into RP! We recommend starting at Storm's Landing!
-----------

Q:
What's the Server's IP?
A: Check here
-----------

Q:
Does the written test for whitelisting have to be based in HollowWorld?
A: It has to show basic understanding of our Lore and your own writing skills as a roleplayer or storyteller. The character should at least be able to fit into the setting of the server as you may be roleplaying them when approved.
-----------

Q:
Can this be like a short story from a time in the character's life? In the world of course.
A: Yes, As long as it's about the character you are going to play in the setting of this server.
-----------

Q:
Are there werewolves and/or vampires in lore/on this server?
A: Nay
-----------

Q:
Is there a list somewhere of cross-species viability? For example, if an elf taking a caparii "mate" would they be able to create a child? Would one race's genes be completely dominant over the other
A: Only the Elven and Human races can cross-breed. The offspring would have to be either an Elf or a Human. They may carry the same genetic traits of both parents (hair,eye color, skin color, facial features, etc), so long as they aren't exclusive traits to the other species. Be sure to read the race lore.
-----------

Q:
I'm interested in playing a pureblood caparii, but I have a follow-up question: is there any lore basis for minor mutations in horns (i.e. they have deer-like/pronged antlers)?
A: They only have the usual goat/ram like curling horns, not deer like.
-----------

Q:
I see that the Sorrows is a PVP free-for-all for gathering resources, but where can one build their own little farm, traveling only to the city to socialize, sell their wares, and purchase goods? Is there a specific server/area for "free-building" and would there be actual cities nearby, or is it all just free-builds?
A: Players responded- "The main map does not contain free building, but you can also use the Frontier to claim a small portion and build there. I cannot guarantee there would be cities or towns nearby as those are usually reserved for the main role playing map. Perhaps you could speak to a region owner to let you create a small lodge near their town, as it could be difficult for a new player to gather enough radiants to make a region. 50k for the ability to purchase a region, 50k for first plot in a region. Additional plots in that region is considerably less. I want to say around 1-3k. Best thing to do when starting is to join a group and then rp will naturally progress from there. You can get good RP by just trying to find which city you want to start out in."
-----------

Q:
I added the server but it wont let me enter because its out of date.
A: You need to be on 1.12 to play on our server. Since the 1.13 update, your client may have automatically updated to 1.13
-----------

Q:
Do you need some texturepack to play on the server?
A: No, you're free to choose your own medieval or default texturepack. But we strongly recommend you try Conquest as it is very, very common on the server and is immersive. The map was also created with Conquest in mind, so you may enjoy the experience more if it's installed.
-----------
Hi! I was wondering where the best place to make a farm would be?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
+Some questions were updated. ie- We now have Vyres

Not a new player but... Is monster spawn in the sorrows governed by a hidden command block?
I know the sorrows are set to the highest difficulty and that's not the issue.

However, at least to my memory, more than two spiders spawning almost on top of you is a rare occurrence in minecraft, and yet, it seems to be not so rare in the sorrows right now.

E: this is a serious question btw.
I answered this in-game- We don't have a commandblock. Mobs may just be generally more difficult.

Hi! I was wondering where the best place to make a farm would be?
We thankfully have a response on this-
Q: I see that the Sorrows is a PVP free-for-all for gathering resources, but where can one build their own little farm, traveling only to the city to socialize, sell their wares, and purchase goods? Is there a specific server/area for "free-building" and would there be actual cities nearby, or is it all just free-builds?
A: Players responded- "The main map does not contain free building, but you can also use the Frontier to claim a small portion and build there. I cannot guarantee there would be cities or towns nearby as those are usually reserved for the main role playing map. Perhaps you could speak to a region owner to let you create a small lodge near their town, as it could be difficult for a new player to gather enough radiants to make a region. 50k for the ability to purchase a region, 50k for first plot in a region. Additional plots in that region is considerably less. I want to say around 1-3k. Best thing to do when starting is to join a group and then rp will naturally progress from there. You can get good RP by just trying to find which city you want to start out in."
To head to the Frontier, find the green-sail boat at the left of Storm's Landing docks. You claim about 6 plots there with the landlord plugin. Type /land help - for more information in-game

So, quick question, I saw the race Immortal Construct on the races tab and I'm interested as playing as one, but it says that it requires an application. Could my whitelist application count as that application or no?

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
So, quick question, I saw the race Immortal Construct on the races tab and I'm interested as playing as one, but it says that it requires an application. Could my whitelist application count as that application or no?
It's a different application from your whitelist. You'd be sending a draft for your Character Profile to Scardrac in a private conversations over the forums.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Okay, so should I send the application before or after the whitelist application? Also, for the record, Death Korps best Guardsmen
I'd do it after just so you're not waiting, your application character doesn't have to be the one that ends up being your main.