Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New World Region Claiming Guide

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Shalherana going for that, not so jungle vibe this time huh

UAI1MK3.png
Or I'm very wrong and that isn't gonna be the sisterhood temple

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
What happens if you want to start over?
I know my crew will want to save one plot to put our chests on and then unclaim all other plots, so we can reclaim them in the new world.
Is this possible?

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
What happens if you want to start over?
I know my crew will want to save one plot to put our chests on and then unclaim all other plots, so we can reclaim them in the new world.
Is this possible?
First option is just this. Destroying the current region and stating you will be making a new one when we move over.

1) Destroy the region fully* via the current campaign (110% radiant refund for plots + 120% materials refund**, OR, 120% radiant refund for plots and 110% materials refund). Making new claims on the new map.

HogoShi_Kitsune

Lord of Altera
Legend
HogoShi_Kitsune
HogoShi_Kitsune
Legend
new map.PNG

And thus, it is revealed in this unprecedented new look that the new world will indeed have caves. And lava. Don't touch that.

RexJen

Lord of Altera
Hey I just came back from very busy mid year exams, I have no idea what has happened recently and I came across this thread. I'm guessing we are moving to a new map? in which case I would like to have my region refunded so that I can go out and build it again. I dont believe I saw it in the list, it's Minovia

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

Spooksy_

Lord of Altera
Legend
malaoka
malaoka
Legend
so uh-
I have 2 unclaimed plots on my region
I'm not allowed to claim them
pls

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Question, don't know if it's been asked before.
When world-editing over libraries, do the books within the bookshelves get copied too? :eek:

Reucrion

Lord of Altera
I'm having a little issue fully understanding this thread, mostly because I'm french canadian and it's a lot of information. I'll be rereading it, but, for a small area like hythe, is it alright if I can claim something after everyone else has a pick? As long as it's a area that has access to the ocean area and a forest type zone... that is what more or less closely resembles the current location my friend was envisioning when he first claimed it... it would be perfect really. A little sad that the progress I was making on it will be lost plot-area wise, but It was still a small area. I can always restart anew with new things.

Oh on a side note, what happens to people who have items in chests that would be needed to rebuild but can't currently afford a pocket to transfer that over?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I'm having a little issue fully understanding this thread, mostly because I'm french canadian and it's a lot of information. I'll be rereading it, but, for a small area like hythe, is it alright if I can claim something after everyone else has a pick? As long as it's a area that has access to the ocean area and a forest type zone... that is what more or less closely resembles the current location my friend was envisioning when he first claimed it... it would be perfect really. A little sad that the progress I was making on it will be lost plot-area wise, but It was still a small area. I can always restart anew with new things.

Oh on a side note, what happens to people who have items in chests that would be needed to rebuild but can't currently afford a pocket to transfer that over?
You'll still get a refund on all the plots you have. At the time the policy was mad, it looks like Hythe only had 1 plot, which puts it as one of the very last regions to be dealt with, depending if you WE/Claim Anew. So it'll work out in your favor if you want to wait till after everyone else claims, since Hythe is listed at the bottom of the list. (You can see it on the second post.)

I think items in chests may be fine, but I would look into saving up for a pocket to be extra safe. Item entities like item frames, heads, armor stands, and the like wont' WE over, and neither will books in bookshelves.

Reucrion

Lord of Altera
You'll still get a refund on all the plots you have. At the time the policy was mad, it looks like Hythe only had 1 plot, which puts it as one of the very last regions to be dealt with, depending if you WE/Claim Anew. So it'll work out in your favor if you want to wait till after everyone else claims, since Hythe is listed at the bottom of the list. (You can see it on the second post.)

I think items in chests may be fine, but I would look into saving up for a pocket to be extra safe. Item entities like item frames, heads, armor stands, and the like wont' WE over, and neither will books in bookshelves.
alright, I'll try moving over the chests to the area if that is alright. I wish my friend could help me do all this as well but he has been so busy ha...

EDIT`: I've actually made the area ... easier to WE in the end. If chests do carry over.. that would be nice as that is where the excess mats me and a friend had been saving for the later stages of that build to be built with. We wanted something that... evolved in stages, starting off as a tiny little camp like place, and simply growing like an actual town until it attained its "final" type. I would assume I would be working on the actual village phase on the new map. At worst it's not to bad having to get more things if the chests do fall through, gives me more reason to redesign haha... Maybe I should post the 3D model maps I was planning out for the larger stuff..

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
4) Get refund and make new claim with all builds/terrain moved over. Full plot refund + free world edit.

???
If I make enough to claim the current plots not included, is it possible for me to still move those other plots at my own price? I meant as in like, I pay for the plots? IT's not a large area but....at worst I could just go with 1, ... if not, the first plot we had with the tree would still be fine (laughs) It's not much but... It would be a great new start!
I don't know if you received an answer yet, but we'll only be moving over claimed plots prior to the date of announcement of the new map. We'll fully refund the plots, of course. It's definitely a good start and there are plenty of nice trees in the new world, too. Have a look around, it may help in finalizing any decisions.