Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

New World Updates

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Just some notes to try and clear up what I'm seeing as a minor development regarding the new world. I hope things have been fun, and I apologise for the hiccups regarding travel and great distances. This isn't really a FAQ, but I'm sure staff can answer questions.

Travel
While we're not currently sure on if they'll be the permanent places, I've put up some ports in a few main locations to provide easier travel. In character this is via horse or small boat(longboat for example), Anhald has some of both, there are wild horses, travellers. This won't cost you emeralds, as it's not a stablemaster. It should suffice until regions are fully operational, enough for stable and dock masters and the like.
This is coming into play ICly because we've had multiple travellers from camps, now, and it's fair enough to say they know of one another existing.
Currently you have to go from one to the other, theres no cross map travel from Hawklight to spawn, I felt this was better.

Edit: You do not need a DM to travel long distances. Just be realistic about it, take supplies and provisions, and be aware that it is a massive distance ICly. You can encounter animals that are seen in the general area of Europe, but staff will not be DMing this for you. (Unless they wish, of course.)

Trade
Trade routes have came up a few times via roleplay; with the lack of use in money currently trade seems to be on the rise. Try to keep to what you brought with you, or maybe what you scavenge from the lands. Hunting, etc. You can follow the lines established via travel, now.

Camps
With the introduction of main camps, I'm also opening up to ability to have smaller ones where you've decided on placing your region. This will not be a world edit; it will be a small camp with two tents, a campfire, and some other basic necessities. It's just something to allow more roleplay, more development, and more IC reason for you having regions where you've decided OOC. Message me about me putting one down for you when I'm in game. I don't want to burden other staff. (Kurzik)
Note: Must have a region claim via Readij's thread. This is not for all players, this is for the starts of regions. Be ready to link me your posts to confirm. And trust in my tent making skills.

Hunting
This has also came up a lot, which is great! It makes sense, you're feeding and supplying camps with more than hardtack or whatever you brought along. However, I do not want to have to DM every hunt, and so I'm allowing players to play as animals within reason if its necessary. Otherwise, you can simply pretend there is a deer there, or a rabbit, or maybe you trap birds and things. Keep it basic, keep it minimal, and have fun. No bringing back ten deer from one hunt on your lonesome. No non-hunter characters hoarding pheasants.
(And no playing gryphons; those are DMing from staff only. Sorry folks. :p)

Spawn
The spawn camp's explanation is that another chunk of 'general populace' were split off from hawklight at some point in the six week journey. That is what spawn is. While it may not be the most ideal solution, we do need somewhere for new players to begin, and a place politically neutral. We're working on a ship to the sorrows from there.
(Working on a name, Im sure theres something about a poll for it. Will update.)

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Reminder for folks to contact me for those tiny baby camps. Also that there will be no ports to them, those are only for the 'landing party' sites which have the defences etc.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
I hope I can get time to get on today, I haven't seen the new map yet

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
We'll probably do our own tents and shanties once we are able to claim.

Organic region development ftw!

I know, this sounds strange coming from the guys that built HR overnight, but trust me! (I'm an engineer.)

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
We'll probably do our own tents and shanties once we are able to claim.

Organic region development ftw!

I know, this sounds strange coming from the guys that built HR overnight, but trust me! (I'm an engineer.)
Didn't you build Hr in like. .. a year

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Update:

Edit: You do not need a DM to travel long distances. Just be realistic about it, take supplies and provisions, and be aware that it is a massive distance ICly. You can encounter animals that are seen in the general area of Europe, but staff will not be DMing this for you. (Unless they wish, of course.)

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Camps
With the introduction of main camps, I'm also opening up to ability to have smaller ones where you've decided on placing your region. This will not be a world edit; it will be a small camp with two tents, a campfire, and some other basic necessities. It's just something to allow more roleplay, more development, and more IC reason for you having regions where you've decided OOC. Message me about me putting one down for you when I'm in game. I don't want to burden other staff. (Kurzik)
Note: Must have a region claim via Readij's thread. This is not for all players, this is for the starts of regions. Be ready to link me your posts to confirm. And trust in my tent making skills.
This is now no longer available - Regions won't be long, so please wait a little longer instead of having a camp made.