Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nina12936 application [Declined - Niko]

nina12936

Official Alteran
About You!
1. What is your Minecraft username?
nina12936
2. How old are you?
I had applied around 3 months ago but I was unfortunetly declined for my age. Starting today I can proudly say that I'm officially 14.
3. What country are you from?
USA
4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
yes
5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
metagaming is using information in ooc to your advantage your character otherwise wouldn't have known. Powergaming is having your character be too overpowered not giving other players a chance to respond to the given situation and or disregarding the rules of roleplay
6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
no
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Snerus
8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a middle schooler in the 8th grade. I enjoy reading and writing, mostly fantasy books either in medieval or Victorian eras. I also do some digital art although I still have a lot left to learn I aspire to enter the fields of graphic design or even perhaps an art director in animation
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
grace beyond the stars.jpg hyperspace.jpg twisted.jpg

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was simply looking for roleplay servers that might be interesting and came across this one.

Character Name:
Alura Lorelei
Character Age:
Character Race:
Silver elf
Appearance:
Alura has long ginger hair, dark teal eyes, pale in skin tone. wears a long blue green robe to shield her skin from the sun. flower ornaments line her hair and waist. she prefers to be simple yet elegant
(Optional) Picture of the Skin:Alura skin.jpg

Written Test!

The room was dimly lit the only light source being a small candle sitting upon Aluras desk. The only sound being the quill she held between her slender fingers dancing upon the letter she was to send to her parents the day after.

“To my dearest Mother and Father,

I have heard of my elder brothers illness and I have brought it upon myself to send the medical treatment required for him to regain his health once more. Though I do wish I could come and give it to him myself, my studies keep me from leaving my home often and the distance is far too great to be able to make it in any due time. The event has brought great pain in my heart for I know certain races may be more violent than others. I shall be on my guard upon future days and should my brothers condition get any worse do let me know.

Your daughter, Alura”

She signed the letter and let out a tensed sigh. Next to her on the desk laid a small bottle filled with a liquid that carried a silvery shine. It was mercury. She had placed a note explaining to only give him a small dosage as at it was often used to treat illness. Although she was a beginner at learning medical treatments and only knew the basics, she had always had her doubts when it came to mercury. Testing it on animals to see its effect she realized it worked more as a poison than a medicine. A long lasting poison too. One whos symptoms and effects may only show up perhaps months after being diagnosed with it. And now she planned on using it on her brother. Someone she looked up to from such young age she grew to despise as she got older. However a display of such emotion would only cause more work and difficulties for her. It was easier to play the concerned sister who cares for her injured brother desperately fighting for his life. But despite her disdain her heart told her to throw it away and send real medicine. Stuck between her logic and emotions she stood out of frustration pacing the room gently combing through her hair with her fingers. After what seemed like countless hours of thought and reasoning she turned towards her desk a deep valley formed within her brow. “The choices I make from here will determine my tomorrow.” She slipped the bottle into the envelope. “And I must not have any regrets.” Placing the letter and sealing the envelope she had made up her mind. There was no going back. For she was going to gain back the honor she so called deserved. Not her brother.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there, thank you for coming back to us! It's awesome that you took the time and effort to make another application. There is one small thing that I need to go over with you though:

-While mercury was used in ointments by Romans and Greeks, making it an acceptable commodity to have in Altera, its lethal properties only became known in 1900. As a result, Alterans would not know that mercury is a poison.

Other than that, this is a solid application. Thank you for taking the time and effort to come back and apply once again.

nina12936

Official Alteran
Ooh I see, perhaps I should have looked into it. What time peruod would you say Altera is in? So that I can make the changes that would better fit

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Ooh I see, perhaps I should have looked into it. What time peruod would you say Altera is in? So that I can make the changes that would better fit
Altera is best classified as taking place during the late medieval period, slightly before the invention of the printing press. Though there are a few exceptions to the rule in terms of technology, but with your whitelist test, focus only on elements and technology found in late medieval Europe.

nina12936

Last edited:

nina12936

Official Alteran
Altera is best classified as taking place during the late medieval period, slightly before the invention of the printing press. Though there are a few exceptions to the rule in terms of technology, but with your whitelist test, focus only on elements and technology found in late medieval Europe.

nina12936
Ah okay, thank you for that. Unfortunetly I dont think I can make the necessary changes until perhaps next week. I am currently in Miami Florida where Irma is heading so I have to leave the area leaving my desktop behind. Considering the storm doesnt do too much damage I believe ill be able to get to it as of next week. I hope its not too much to ask to wait till then?

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Ah okay, thank you for that. Unfortunetly I dont think I can make the necessary changes until perhaps next week. I am currently in Miami Florida where Irma is heading so I have to leave the area leaving my desktop behind. Considering the storm doesnt do too much damage I believe ill be able to get to it as of next week. I hope its not too much to ask to wait till then?
That is perfectly fine I'll keep it set to pending for the time being. Stay safe!!

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
nina12936 just checking in cause it's been 14 days since my last message. I hope you're alright from the hurricanes and I simply want to see if you want to continue working on this application.

Best wishes!!

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
This application has now been declined due to inactivity. Feel free to re-apply again at any time.