Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

NintyStar's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

NintyStar

Lord of Altera
NintyStar
NintyStar
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
NintyStar

2. How old are you?
20 years old.

3. What country are you from?
United States of America.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have! I hope there wasn’t a code phrase tucked in them that I missed…

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using knowledge or circumstances as a player that your character would not have access to in order to swing a situation in your favor.

Powergaming is controlling another person’s character, either directly (“you smile back at me.”) or indirectly (“I thrust forward before you even have a chance to regain your footing.”).

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello! I’m Ninty, and I’m 20 years old. Please use she/her pronouns for me. I’m currently a university student going into my third year, and I’m a theatre arts major with a minor in music. I’ve been doing forum roleplaying for almost 10 years now, starting on GaiaOnline (before I was old enough to have an account…). I do volunteer game development, and am currently working on a title called Hiwata no Nadoko. My go-to game series are the Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, Persona, Danganronpa, and Elder Scrolls (though I’ve only played Skyrim.).

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Unfortunately, I’ve lost most of the screencaps of my previous builds. But I consider myself to be a good builder and a quality roleplayer.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Nope! I was on a roleplaying kick, so I literally googled “medieval minecraft roleplay server” and you all caught my eye!

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Nora Tyren

Character Age:
23 years old.

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Nora stands at about 5'3", and clocks in at around 115 pounds. She's naturally thin, but her garden work has helped her develop some toned muscle. She has long brown hair that hangs down to her mid-back, which she typically keeps plaited and tied up out of her way. Her eyes are deep-set, under stern, flat eyebrows, and reflect a deep, rich blue. Her naturally pale skin is lightly tanned from sun exposure, with freckles covering her nose, cheeks, and shoulders. She typically wears a simple cotton shirt, and a skirt that falls to her knees. She keeps her clothes covered with an apron while working, which is belted for carrying a coin purse and other tools.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(I don’t have a picture of the skin, but I’m sure I have old artwork of Nora somewhere.)

Written Test!

The late afternoon sun hung low in the sky as Nora made her way back to her homestead. The once-heavy knapsack she had taken to the marketplace now sagged, empty, on her shoulders. The coin-purse at her hip, however, was pleasantly plump from the sales she scored at the market. As she passed through her front gate, she slid the knapsack off of her shoulders and opened it. A few bags of seeds were all that remained at the bottom of the bag, which she hoped to plant right up near the front of her cottage. The back produce garden was doing well, but she wanted to pleasant-looking flowers for her own enjoyment. As she approached the cottage door, she fished a small iron key from where it hung on her belt and slid it into the keyhole. The heavy bolt inside the door slid back with a satisfying ‘clack!’ and Nora moved through the door. As she did, however, she nearly tripped. Bewildered, she glanced down and found a small wrapped package on her stoop. In her preoccupation with her knapsack, she had missed the package on first glance. A letter was tied to the top of the package with butcher’s twine. She knelt down and tenderly lifted the package. As she stepped inside the cottage, she knocked the front door closed with her hip. She undid the twine on the package and inspected the letter. Nora Tyren was scrawled on the front in unsteady script. Unremarkable to anyone else, but the penmanship instantly made Nora’s heart jump into her throat. Hastily, she turned the letter over and opened it. Her hands quivering, she clutched the letter as she frantically read it.

Starchild,
No words can describe the combination of relief and confusion I felt when your letter was delivered. I am so happy to know that you are safe, and that you chose to write me. These past four years have been filled with an immense sadness. When you left so suddenly, I was terrified. You were gone, and you had left only a small note on my workbench. I did not know how to feel. I was sad for you, that you felt so trapped. I was worried for you, knowing you were all alone. I feared for you, thinking that maybe you had gotten hurt. In truth, I was angry at you, too. Unfairly, I will admit, but I felt that you had spent nineteen years being my Starchild, and all of the sudden you were gone, without so much as a goodbye.

I am so happy to know that you are safe, and that you are doing well for yourself. Maybe I will be able to visit your cottage sometime. I have made sure to keep your letter hidden from your mother. Though, I suspect she knows something is up. I have also included some gifts to remind you of home.

All of my love,
Your Father.

As she reached the end of the letter, Nora realized that tears had started to trail down her cheeks. She clutched the letter to her chest briefly before setting it on the table. Then, she turned her attention to the wrapped parcel. Gingerly, she set it on the table and folded back the parchment. Inside was a dozen small softball candies that she had fond memories helping her father create. Alongside the candies was a strip of leather fashioned into a necklace. A small polished rock, clearly tended to be her father’s careful hands, was fastened the leather, and had an eight-point star carved into the polished face. Smiling sadly, she tied the leather around her neck and grabbed some paper to write a letter in response to her father.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

NintyStar

Lord of Altera
NintyStar
NintyStar
Wonderful, thank you very much. I’ll be on in a few hours (at rehearsal this evening) and I’ll make sure to get that all squared away.