Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Story no actual title, need ideas

BleenThePanda

Storm's Landing Wanderer
Jakob Basel
My coat was pristine and my boots shined within an inch if their lives. The other noble men and women were the same, rich by appearance, yet strangely most weren't good looking. The majority were over weight, their stomachs bulging with pudgy faces and long oily hair. Greedy men who would sell their own mothers for a dime. They were all roughly my age. Barely out of their twenties and all looked like they could drop dead any minute. I myself tried to keep fit. Ran everyday, went for walks constantly. Governor Alduin was hosting this "get together." A rich and powerful man, who valued authority and respect over anything else. There were more men than women in the elegant dining hall.

The men here looked as if they'd never walked a day in their rich lives. The dining hall reflected the governor's power and wealth. Elegant red cloth curtains draped over stained-green glass windows. The floor was a mix of expensive floorboard, Macassar Ebony it looked like, and golden carpet ran down the middle of the grand hall. Chandeliers made of antlers hung from the dark yellow roof. Etchings of flowers and vines weaved their way around the skirting. The house was amazing.
One thing that astounded me were the number of child-slaves. The little things ran this way and that. Carrying food and drink to the seated noblemen. They were filthy, Dressed in a combination of rags and mud. No one gave them any thought. But I was never like that. I gave everything thought. A habit that got me where I am today, rich and powerful. My father always said I was the brightest one in the family. I stared at all the little children, The little servants. One stood out from the rest. A little girl, could've been no older than 13. Long golden locks caked in mud and dirt yet still shone bright through the muck. Big blue eyes stared down at the floor almost hidden by her golden hair. A light spray of freckles spread from her nose across her cheeks. Her mouth was small, with thin lips that were cracked and peeling. She wore a cheap dress, no doubt brought by her master in an attempt to make him look superior. Her arms were thin and muscle-less, her legs not much different.

She didn't look right, among the other boys and girls. She was too tall to be a chimney sweep, yet looked too weak to work in the factory. Perhaps her master owned a cotton mill. I sat there and thought about this. If so why is she here? It confused me to no end. A man seated next to me made a motion with his hand. The girl snapped to attention and almost tripped running to him. "S-sorry sir. My legs hurt. I was resting em'." I wondered at this point If she was stuttering out of fear or a genuine speech disability.

"I don't pay you to rest. Now go into the kitchen and get me and the rest of the guests the finest meal the cook has to offer. Why are you still in my presence? GO!" He said with disgust in his voice.

Time passed over the course of dinner. I ate and talked and ate some more. But I still couldn't get that little girl out of my head. Who is she? What did this man next to me do for a living? Surely a rich man, but where did the wealth come from? My brain rattled with theories. None seeming possible. I could already tell that the little girl is going to stay in my head for the rest of the night.

Alice smith
Laughter and joy filled the air, metal cutlery on ceramic bowls and plates echoed off the walls. I sighed. I used to be part of this. Part of the happiness of being wealthy. Not like now, A servant to Lord Pendleton.
My father was a great man. He earned his wealth in banking. Owned the biggest bank in all of London. Then mum died. He was ruined. He took to drinking, A meeting with the governor whilst intoxicated caused him to lose the bank. Out of anger he threw me out, saying it was my fault that she died. And I believed him. Sadness overcame every emotion. I lived on the streets for god knows how long. I slept under a tree in the park. Men, women and children passed me every day and looked down at me with disgust. The girl in rags they called me. There were others like me. Kids who didn't have a home or family. I talked to these kids. They came and left the park. They were always saying how they were going to be employed by a noble. Someone with money. I thought about it as well. Having an actual meal instead of the things that people throw in the rubbish. Pretty soon I was walking around the rich side of London, knocking on doors and advertising myself.
Most yelled at me. No one wanted the girl in rags in their house. I tried going to the factories. Trying to apply for a job. I started at the small factories first, thinking they would be understaffed. I was wrong. There were kids everywhere. Not a single position was available. Not a single job. I then tried in the bigger factories. Still no luck.
Every door I knocked on brought a new wave of despair. My already tear soaked dress was a navy blue, as opposed to it being light blue. There was one factory left. It was larger than the rest, a cotton mill. My face red with embarrassment and sadness, I knocked on the door imagining the worst. A man opened the door. His shadow surrounded me, blacked out the sun.
He was insanely tall, with hair black as ebony. His face was clean, free of acne and freckles. His suit was pitch black with gold buttons running down the middle. "What do you want, you have 30 seconds of my time." His voice was deep, and rusty. He scared me to no end.
"P-p- Please sir, I- i just want a job. I'm poor you see. Homeless." I was shaking. Stuttering more than my "speech disadvantage" made me. I was terrified. Scared out of my ruined boots. The way he stood over me and Made me look smaller than I actually was. I was so close to crying my eyes stung.
"You want a job? You, a street rat. What makes you think that you can work here? Do you have the skill to work at the Pendleton Mill?"
"P-p-please sir. I-I'll do anything!" I was crying now. Tears soaked my already dirty dress.
"Hah! Don't try to make me pity you girl. You're still a gutter rat to me, tears or not."
Tears welled up in my eyes. "P-Please. I beg of you."
"Hmm. Maybe there is something you could do... I'm in need of a personal maid. Someone who can clean and follow orders. Someone who could look not half bad given the right amount of water and soap. If you were clean, and you served me at the various functions and parties I attend, you could make me look superior! What do you say? Be my servant or continue being a street rat? "
I didn't know wether to be happy with his offer or sad, but I had little choice.
"O-ok. What do you w-want me to do?"
"You shall be my servant. My personal maid. You will make sure my life is easy and take Order over the other servants. You will answer to me and only me. Do I make myself clear?"
"Y-yes."
"It's master to you. Never forget that."
"Y-yes master."
He smiled a grey toothed smile. A smile of victory. Of power. It scared me to no end.

I thought about the coming of lord Pendleton. The smile haunted my every memory. A smile of nightmares. The party was going well, for the men and women seated at the gigantic table. I loathed being here. More jealousy then hatred, though. I longed to be seated with them. To be able to eat the breast of the juicy and succulent looking turkey. To fill my stomach with the rich liquid chocolate covered strawberries. My mouth was wet with hunger. My last meal was a bowl of bland soup. The things that the "noblemen and women" were eating looked amazing. The water was clean and the food was free of dirt. As I watched the men and women, I realised something. I could have been seated at this table. My jealousy and anger grew as I thought about my father. What happened between us. If all was as it was years ago I could have been eating the glorious food. The clear water, the expensive champagne. A tear rolled down my cheek. My father. He was seated a little further up the table. Laughing and drinking. He was still a drunk. How he came to being here astounded me. I dared not approach him. I tried holding back my tears. If lord Pendleton saw me crying, I would surely be beaten. I wiped my cheek with the scruff of my sleeve. I watched Lord Pendleton. He waved his hand in my direction. It was time to work.

Jakob Basel
The party finished with a toast. The governor talked about how wonderful it was to have us all here, how he enjoyed our company immensely.
"And now, I'd like to introduce someone very special. Please give a round of applause to the knighted scientist, Sir Alexander Bell!" The governor announced.
The hall erupted with applause. Everyone in the building smiled. Everyone had heard of the famous Alexander Bell. The inventor of the telephone, the invention that will change the world. The inventor stood, his white as snow beard stood out among the crowd. He bowed thrice, and sat down.
"I'd like to make a toast. To Sir Alexander!"
"To Sir Alexander!" The hall erupted in cheers and applause.

I left briskly. Eager to get home. I haven't been home in weeks. Business rules both my personal life and my family life. My wife and daughter, left at home, I missed them. I took long strides towards my car. Out of the corner of my eye i saw a black blur. A man, waking in my direction. I stopped, and sighed. This was not the time for small talk. My head swivelled towards the man. White, balding hair and a smug face. His nose was abnormally large and pointy, his cheeks were bright red. He irritated me even without saying anything.
"Master Jakob Bosmer. I hope you enjoyed the governors little party?" His voice was deep yet loud, lacking intellect. A simpleton. He was a journalist. He was constantly trying to get my input in the latest stories. Due to my intellect apparently. Adam Hodor was an idiot.
"Yes Adam, what is it."
"Can I get your comment on the latest rumours about the Rothwild fireplaces being unsafe? I've heard that a house in Boston burned straight to the ground! Your comment?" His notepad and pencil in hand, he stood alert, his eyes bulging out of his sockets.
"Do I have to answer you? I'm kind of in a rush."
"It would be much appreciated, sir."
"Did I ask you if you would appreciate it?"
"Uhh well, uh no but.."
"Well then that's that. Have a nice day, and next time, ask someone else."
His face dropped. His eyes turned wide, like a starved puppy. I knew what was coming next. I tried escaping before he dropped one of the oldest tricks in journalism. I started walking.
"Look, sir, with all respect your not getting any younger. What will people have to remember you by?"
I stopped and turned slowly, a bored expression on my face.
"Perhaps my immense wealth and successful coal mine. Think before you speak."
I left Adam with a baffled and defeated look and walked to my car, my driver waiting.
"Were to sir? I'm guessing you want to get home?" Edward Starke had a thick English accent, and talked ridiculously fast. A faithful and trustworthy man, who has been in service to me for years.
"Take me to my mine. I'm in a rush, so drive as fast as this thing can go." Even though I was dying to see my wife, she will have to wait. I needed to check up on the workers.

The drive was long and tiresome. I spent the time thinking. I thought about what that oaf Adam had said. Rothwilds chimney's being unsafe. I personally knew Mr Rothwild. A brilliant man. The only problem was that he could never handle defeat. I once beat him in a game of poker. He pulled a gun out and threatened to shoot me. I smirked at the thought. What good times they were. The fireplace faults would ruin him if put out to the press. The car came to a sudden but gentle stop.
"We av' arrived sir. You going to be staying for long, Or you want me to keep the engine running?"
"Keep it running Edward, I'm only here for a check up."
I stepped out of my car, and looked around. The men brought coal,from the mine via wheel barrows to huge storage containers, ready to be sold. The mine always scared me. But I made it my business to find out who's working, and more importantly, who isn't. With a sigh I started to descend the steep slope that lead to were the workers were hopefully working hard.
The mine was an eerie and creepy looking orange, lit up by various torches nailed to the rocky walls. The faint sound of metal on rock rang through the mine and vibrated the walls. It was cold, so cold that i could feel goosebumps under the thin shirt I wore. I heard demands being yelled from down the mine. Old Lachlan R'hlor. The "peace keeper" I hired to keep the workers in line. Ironically, he was anything but peaceful. I came to a wooden beam and a flat surface. Here was the scheduled "meeting place" for the workers. With many a torch nailed to the granite walls, the area was as bright as the middle of an underground mine could be. Nailed to the beam was a brass bell. I rang it to signal the workers to come out from the dark. The first man who appeared was old R'hlor. He was a tall fellow, with white hair and a constant scowl. He had a deep scar that reached from the corner of his forehead to the side of his nose, crossing his one blind eye. His eye was a pale blue,yet he saw more than most.his face was a mix of light scars and wrinkles, his grey eyebrows pointed down.
"Bah. What ar they doin! Th lazy bastards! YOU'D BE GETIN UP ERE BEFORE I COME AND GIT YA!" He yelled into the blackness behind him.
The children came in two's. There faces black from the constant work.
"What took ye so long! Me an the boss av been waitin fer ye for ages!" He spat at the kids once they were all crammed into the space.
"You just got ere a few second before us though sir." One kid whispered to his friend with a smirk. I knew straight away that was one of the worst mistakes that little boy could have ever made.
"You. Come ere. Say what you jist said to the rest of us. What's the matter ya filthy kid? Scared? WHAT DID YE SAY TO IM?"
"I-I said uhh"
"SPIT IT OUT BEFORE I BEAT IT OUT OF YA!"
"I s-s-said t-that you only got ere a few seconds before t-the rest of us."
"Oh really? Is that so? What's yer name, rat."
"J-John"
"Yer going to need punishment for all these little mistakes you av been makin, John"
He raised his fist, and brought it down with a BANG. Blood spurted out from the kids nose and splattered on the peacekeepers already bloody shirt.
"YA EVER GOIN TO WHISPER GOSSIP TO YE FRIEND AGAIN? YE NOTHING!" He screamed into the boys face, spittle flew from his mouth. I smiled. The peacekeeper at work.
He threw the unconscious boy from the meeting area, into the dark. A thud could be heard as the poor boy rolled from sight.
"ANY OTHER ONES WANT TE BE SPREADIN GOSSIP AND INSULTS?"
An onslaught of "no sir" and "definitely not sir!" Erupted from the crowd.
"It would seem everything's in order here Lachlan."
"Yer damn well right it is sir!"
"Good. make sure nothing else happens"

The drive home was long and tiresome. I made it a priority to build my mansion far from the mine. The fumes from the smelting plant next door made me uneasy. I stepped out of the car slowly, looking for my family. I spied a little girl leaning against a window, looking at me, a huge smile spread across her face. She disappeared from view, the curtain swaying from being pulled back. My own smile spread from ear to ear. I was home. The front door swung open and she ran out. Small and fast, she jumped into my arms
"DADDY!" She screamed
"Grace! How's my favourite daughter!"
"You have more daughters?"
"Haha no. Your always my only one."
She tightened her arms, almost suffocating me. I looked up from her embrace, to see a woman leaning against the frame of the front door. She was beautiful, her pale face protruding from long, ruler straight black hair. Her eyes were as blue as the ocean itself. She smiled, showing straight teeth as white as ivory. She wasn't thin, yet far from overweight. Light curves stuck out from her stomach, her arms and legs were muscular. She was perfect.
"Grace can we go see mommy?"
"Ok!"
She ran back into the house. I smiled as she ran, little girl almost oozed enthusiasm. She took my breath away, quite literally.
"Kathleen" I ran towards her, almost tripping on the marble steps.
I fell into her arms, a single tear ran down my face.
"I've missed you." I said, trying to hide my tears of joy
"I missed you as well. Please never stay away for that long again. I love you."
We leant back, supported by each other. She was crying. Tears streamed down her pretty face.
"I love you" she repeated.
I spent the next hour sharing times and gossip with the family. Grace was playing with the Wooden toys I brought years ago. Little dolls that were painted. The day turned to night, as I sat on the balcony. I built the house with care and intellect, as to make it angling towards London. I had a view of pure beauty. London lit up by the millions of torches that dotted the city. I could just make out the Thames running through the city like one giant vein. The house was far enough for the light from London to not spoil the stars. They shone bright in the black sky. I looked back at the majestic city. I saw black smoke rising from one of the buildings in the heart of London. There was a fire. I thought about Rothwilds fireplaces, shuddering at the thought.

Alice smith
The party was terrible. The men and women paraded around in their expensive suits and dresses, drinking and laughing. There were kids running this way and that, carrying out their masters orders. All the guests were drunk. Slurring their words in an attempt to speak to the fellow guests. The only man in the room who wasn't drunk was a man seated next to lord pendelton. He was different to the other guests. His dark brown hair combed sideways, his teeth as white as a wedding dress. He wasn't heavy looking like the other guests, he was thin and muscular. There was a hint of great intellect in his eye.
The party ended with someone introducing someone else, a man with a Snow White beard got up and the hall cheered and clapped. I scowled at this. The children do all the work these days, we operate the factories, mine the minerals and yet we get next to nothing for it. It angered me to see what sort of society we live in today. The system seemed corrupt to me.
"Alice, were leaving. Get my cane. It's in the corner. "
I jumped up, not wanting to be beaten. I ran to were the cane was said to be. Leaned against the wall was an oak cane, a rubber stopper pushed onto its end. I picked it up, and felt the urge to walk with it like lord Pendleton does. "Alice! What's taking you so long!"
"I-I'm sorry sir."
"Don't be sorry! Be here! With my goddam cane!"
I ran back to him in a hurry.
"Give me that!" He snatched the cane from my hand
"I-I'm sorry sir"
He didn't say anything. He raised the cane above his head, and brought it down with a crack. My head flashed with immense pain. My legs buckled from underneath me.
"Never deliberately disobey me again. There's more where that came from."
My vision went fuzzy, buzzing filled my ears, The world swam. .

I woke up in a car. I lay upon Black leather seats, my master sitting next to me.
"L-lord P-Pendleton?"
"Oh good you're awake. Were home."
The car stopped abruptly, throwing me forward.
"Get up, and prepare my bed. The party has made me tired."
I rose from the bottom of the car. It was dark outside. Why Lord Pentelton insisted that his mansion be made in the heart of London baffled me. London smelled like sewer, there were beggars and drunks constantly on the streets. I couldn't complain, I was a beggar once.
"O-okay Lord Pendleton. W-would you like a drink before you go to bed?"
"Bah! I've been drinking all night! I don't need anything else."
With a quick nod I opened the car door, and ran inside.
Lord Pendleton likes his tea boiling hot when having it in his room. Not an easy task, bringing boiling tea to his room which was 5 flights of stairs from the kitchen. I put the pot of water on the hooks suspended above the fire in The kitchen, careful to not burn myself. The pot was heavy, too heavy it seems. I spilled water across the floor, and slipped. The pot flew from my hands, slammed into the wood in the fire. Sparks and flames flew from the fireplace. A piece of wood, still on fire, flew over my head and straight Into the curtain behind me. It caught fire instantly. The fire spread like nothing I've ever seen before, from curtain to curtain and eventually the wooden roof above me enveloped in flames. I was trapped. Trapped with the flames and my own fears. The room turned a dark red. embers fell from the ceiling, catching my dress alight. The last thing I saw was flames.

Jakob Basel
Smoke filled the already polluted London air, bells were heard as the London fire department took action. I watched it all from the balcony. Flames licked at the ablaze building, screams were heard in the air as panic filled the streets.
"Jakob, what the matter? You look troubled." Kathleen walked beside me, resting her head on my shoulder.
"Fire in London, looks like a big one as well."
"Why should you worry about a fire in London? You only mine the coal. It's their problem who and how they burn it."
"I heard a story about Rothwilds fireplaces being unsafe, you know how he react to failure, and someone telling him he isn't good enough."
"He was here yesterday. Asking for you. I personally hate the man. Vile, and uncivilised."
"Hah! Lucky he isn't here to hear you say that."
Just then there was an explosion. I turned my head in alarm. The building that was on fire had toppled with a bang, knocking the clock tower and sending it tumbling into the park that neighboured the giant tower. London was falling.
"Oh god!" Kathleen gasped.
"London is in panic, for something new." I said sarcastically.
Another explosion, coming from the house that toppled. Fire sprayed upwards, like hell itself was trying to emerge from the depths of the world.
"Jakob what's happening?"
The fire twisted, like a tornado.
"Jakob, please tell me you know what that is. It's scaring me."
It exploded into a million smaller fires, spreading across the city. The fires exploded on impact, destroying buildings and homes like they were made of paper. My eyes were wide with fear. Flames spread to not only London, but across the city and surrounding farm lands. The flames spread to all corners of the city, like an orange disease infecting an already weak man, it looked like it took little effort for it to spread. The sky turned into a mix of black smoke and high rising flames. The fireballs spread still, in an almost constant stream. I counted 3 seconds from one ball of flame to come after it's fiery accomplice. I was petrified with fear and awe. One ball of light grew in size, but seemed to not be moving away from the tornado. I came out of my deadened state as I realised what was happening. The thing of terror came towards us, hurdling as a million miles an hour. I tackled Kathleen to the ground, in hopes to shield her from the incoming explosion. She screamed, then all went black.

Sunlight shone through the crack in the wall of rubble. My leg hurt, I tasted blood. I slid out from under the wall, grabbing onto a piece of stone that poked out of the rubble, pulling myself up. I groaned out of agony, trying to stand, leaning on the stone that trapped me. I pushed away from the stone, believing in my own legs. They buckled with the onset of pain. I looked at my seemingly useless legs, finding out the problem easily. A piece of jagged, burned wood had impaled above my hamstring, cauterising it. I screamed and gagged at the sight. The wood piece had ripped through flesh and bone, making one side a crimson red, the other a blood splattered mess. Splinters stuck around the giant wound, also drawing blood. I struggled to stay up, my mind threatening to shut down due to the sheer grotesquely sight. My leg was numb from the knee to my toes. The feeling was strange, light headlines threatened to topple me at any moment, but there was no immediate pain to bring on such an effect. My vision blurred for an instant, the aching in my head progressively becoming worse. I was loosing too much blood, the wound in my leg too great.
A burning piece of wood, splintered from the blast, lay beside me.
"Oh god." I said to my self
~
"Rrrrahhh!"
It hurt. My leg was burned black and red. I dropped the splintered wood, all the strength in me vanished, overtaken by pain. The wound was splintered, my leg was unusable. The upon resting for the minutes it took to dull the pain to bearable, I remembered her. Kathleen was no were to be seen. Fear of the worst overcame me. I swivelled my head, craning it so I could see the destroyed room around me. In the distance, I saw her. Her head was sticking out of the doorway, bloodied and battered. My blood ran cold, the palms of my hands started sweating. I stumbled over to her. The body revealed itself to be mangled, a blood covered carcass. I dropped, the life leaving me. She was dead. My only reason for existence gone in a second. I stayed there for a long time. Crying, sobbing over her dead body. I sat there until his eyes turned red and his cheeks were red from wiping the tears from them. I opened my eyes, my mind at rest. I cried myself to sleep like a child.
A half hearted laugh escaped my lips. I woke to sadness, to anguish. Yet for some reason, I felt at ease. Like a kind of realisation. A kind of acceptance. Perhaps she was in a better place. Perhaps she was better off. I stood, shaky at best. The house was in shambles. The roof was shattered, the walls were destroyed. My whole life's work, destroyed. I sat there and thought, thought until voices filled my head. Hushed and exited they were, muttering unheard words and phrases. I shook my head, they weren't anything conches . They were real. They grew louder, faster. Footsteps were heard, coming up the stairs that had barely survived the blast, heavy footsteps that drew dread from me.
"Hello? Who are you?" I yelled in the direction of the stairs. More hushed whispers, louder than before.
"He's up there, up the stairs." They said. A man and a woman appeared. One held a spear, the other a hammer. There clothes were in tatters.
"Who are you" I said, fear striking my voice.
~
I was thinking of making this a kind of primitive society, the blast tornado thing sending humanity back thousands of years. Anyone got either A) a title idea B) an ending or another chapter/Alice perspective or C) a cool kind of twist? Would love some feedback!