Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

The House of Hallon and her vassals declare war upon the House of Hawklight and all those who fight under their banner. Prince Arthur Hallon recognizes that to uphold order in the realms of man and to fulfill the crown's responsibility to vassals of his empire, the reign of the Hawk must be put to an end. The crimes that prompt these actions are as follows.

1. The assassination of Duke Brennard Westmay by Hawklight men at arms.

2. Suspicion of conspiracy within Hawklight to coordinate the assassination of Duke Brennard Westmay with the intent of destabilizing the rising empire and to acquire the divine artifact in the Duke's possession.

3. Suspicion of conspiracy with outside powers to coordinate the burning of the Queensport fleet with the intent of monopolizing trade and asserting military authority over free waters.

4. The unlawful possession of the Duke Westmay's sword, with the intention of destroying that property to deprive of the world of an artifact of divine property.

5. Outlawing the abilities granted to Maceo de Courtnay and Podric Flanders, chosen servants of the God. Additionally, suspicion of participation on attacks on these individuals.

6. Establishment of military infrastructure of suspicious intent on territory bordering the Empire of Anhald.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
In a mild clink and clang, a man stood in slight deadpan at the comedy of the given political situation.
"Huh. So we've got th' eastern boys fightin' grapes and eagles killin' eagles. This is weird."

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
In a mild clink and clang, a man stood in slight deadpan at the comedy of the given political situation.
"Huh. So we've got th' eastern boys fightin' grapes and eagles killin' eagles. This is weird."
hawklight.
hawk.light.

yes. it must be an eagle.

Minty

Lord of Altera
AshenWanderer
AshenWanderer
THIS  MUST  BE  THE  WORK  OF  AN  ENEMY 「H A W K L I G H T」!!

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Damn, two wars

This is looking good, I hope everyone involved communicates and plans so there are lots of spicy war events

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
ooc the metal is rare but until further research it is unknown if divine. further testing was needed
it was most likely destroyed after some other events

more news at 11

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
3. Suspicion of conspiracy with outside powers to coordinate the burning of the Queensport fleet with the intent of monopolizing trade and asserting military authority over free waters.

This was a part of the Kane-Alliance war, though, so wouldn’t the treaty from the Kane-Alliance war have made this an invalid reason, mechanically speaking?

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic

This was a part of the Kane-Alliance war, though, so wouldn’t the treaty from the Kane-Alliance war have made this an invalid reason?
war is war.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
war is war.
But that just makes any treaty useless. For example, by this logic, Valerius or Artois could just attack the Dominion simply because there was a scuffle at Valerius- regardless of the treaty.

By this logic, Kane could demand Theo’s head bc he accidentally hit Alison- despite there being a treaty.

We have to have a respect for war mechanics for conflicts that have ended. I’m 90% sure that the rest of the alliance doesn’t want to get involved in a war because one of the reasons was from a past action in a war that had ended and been signed under a treaty.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
But that just makes any treaty useless. For example, by this logic, Valerius or Artois could just attack the Dominion simply because there was a scuffle at Valerius- regardless of the treaty.

By this logic, Kane could demand Theo’s head bc he accidentally hit Alison- despite there being a treaty.

We have to have a respect for war mechanics for conflicts that have ended. I’m 90% sure that the rest of the alliance doesn’t want to get involved in a war because one of the reasons was from a past action in a war that had ended and been signed under a treaty.
then respond ic if it's appropriate.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
then respond ic if it's appropriate.
Why should I? I’m signing a treaty (And have signed on the case of the Kane conflict) that should exclude any further declarations of war related to the past conflicts- that’s literally what staff says- but if wars are being started for actions initiated in past, treaty-ratified wars, then what’s the point of following rules?

This is essentially going to allow the dragging of people in that no longer have a stake in this war. Varyn could attack me simply because I was in the last Kane-Alliance war despite their being a treaty signed due to a lack of OOC interest from either side. Hell, the 3rd point even mentions “outside powers”.

Sir Arc

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Sir_Arc
Sir_Arc
Mystic
Why should I? I’m signing a treaty that should exclude any further declarations of war related to the past conflict- that’s literally what staff says- but if wars are being started for actions initiated in past, treaty-ratified wars, then what’s the point of following rules?

This is essentially going to allow the dragging of people in that no longer have a stake in this war. Varyn could attack me simply because I was in the last Kane-Alliance war despite their being a treaty signed by a lack of OOC interest from either side. Hell, the 3rd point even mentions “outside powers”.
Bro chill, they're pointing out that they suspect Hawlight for helping the alliance when not in the war to raid Queensport, not declaring anything against the south, correct me if I'm mistaken

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Bro chill, they're pointing out that they suspect Hawlight for helping the alliance when not in the war to raid Queensport, not declaring anything against the south, correct me if I'm mistaken
If Hawklight wasn’t in the war, then the treaty the Alliance signed is invalid when it comes to them, and I’m wrong.

Did they sign the treaty with Kane? If they did, then all I’m saying is that the part of the reasoning for Anhald going to war is plain wrong in terms of war mechanics for the server.

That’s what I’m getting at. I’m perfectly calm, btw, thank you very much.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Did they sign the treaty with Kane? If they did, then all I’m saying is that the part of the reasoning for Anhald going to war is plain wrong in terms of war mechanics for the server.
I mentioned it privately- Peace treaty still stands and resolves prior conflict so you won't be involved in anything more if you're closing up the conflict you're in. New conflict can always come up on basis of whats on the war rules. Hawklight did not sign a peace treaty with Kane and I'm aware they didn't announce their involvement. I believe that part is based on info brought up in rp.