Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nobility to Prestige transition - All you need to know!

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I was dropped on my head as a child
how do you change someones rank inside the house? (/can/ you?)

Edit: Also, the thread says someone is supposed to get 50k if they're noble and join your house, but I've only gotten 20k for all my alts.

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff

Edit: Also, the thread says someone is supposed to get 50k if they're noble and join your house, but I've only gotten 20k for all my alts.
I also have the 20k issue happening in my house. Also I went to designate Lady Alec my house's heir and it kicked me from leader to a normal member and made her the leader. I feel I broke it or I'm doing something very wrong.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
I also have the 20k issue happening in my house. Also I went to designate Lady Alec my house's heir and it kicked me from leader to a normal member and made her the leader. I feel I broke it or I'm doing something very wrong.
This happened to the House I'm in the other day, I believe we were told it was to avoid abuse. From how I look at it, you could buy gentry, join a House, then immediately start a region because you get the 50k back.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
This happened to the House I'm in the other day, I believe we were told it was to avoid abuse. From how I look at it, you could buy gentry, join a House, then immediately start a region because you get the 50k back.
Thats fine and all but I bought the house under the understanding that the guides that were posted were accurate. As it is with no announcement it feels very false advertising-y. As I have a small group in my house and we are using it for both OOC and IC consolidation and made plans to buy the house and use the rads to help each of our pre-existing projects.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Also I went to designate Lady Alec my house's heir and it kicked me from leader to a normal member and made her the leader. I feel I broke it or I'm doing something very wrong.
I had that too and for us it was because we had not relogged since making the house. It did not see a "last online" date so it assumed inactivity and gave the house to the heir. After relogging everything was fine.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff

You can set someone as a Heir and main Heir using the /house heir command. The other ranks below mirrors what the players should be if they weren't in a House.

This is not an issue and have been made on purpose. This is to avoid a loophole where House leaders would just pay people to join their House and get their money back... I updated the guides to reflect this, sorry about that.

Regarding the Heir kicking the leader out of the House, it was a bug that was hopefully resolved since then, but as said bode it was an issue of last date of activity not being updated if you didn't reconnect between that time and the moment you bought the Prestige title. Tell me if it happens again, as it shouldn't!

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
You can set someone as a Heir and main Heir using the /house heir command. The other ranks below mirrors what the players should be if they weren't in a House.

This is not an issue and have been made on purpose. This is to avoid a loophole where House leaders would just pay people to join their House and get their money back... I updated the guides to reflect this, sorry about that.

Regarding the Heir kicking the leader out of the House, it was a bug that was hopefully resolved since then, but as said bode it was an issue of last date of activity not being updated if you didn't reconnect between that time and the moment you bought the Prestige title. Tell me if it happens again, as it shouldn't!
I'm glad to know but I would have liked some sort of public announcement as to this change as it was (or just before) put into place. I thankfully have a big enough group to make our math equal out to 0 but it was a bit of a let down when I was talking to said folks about extra burst of expansions for their projects. I didn't make a house in the last iteration of nobility because it was 50k and the benefits were kind of useless as I didn't want to tax my players as I think thats lame. I saw the guides to prestige and I was like "Oh finally a reason to make one" now I find out the biggest reason is gone. :/

I'm not trying to raise a stink too much as I can see why it was done, hell even agree with it. I just well I had these big expansion plans for folks and had discussed them with folks prior to making said house. Now I find instead of expanding we barely broke even for essentially the ability to have private global chat. I'm having No Man's Sky Deja vu I guess, I was promised something and only 40% of the product wast there.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
While we're asking questions-

It said the houses will get refunded if you had 'em before. I havnt noticed any refunds yet (my application thing is on the thread), might I ask when that is planned?

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
While we're asking questions-

It said the houses will get refunded if you had 'em before. I havnt noticed any refunds yet (my application thing is on the thread), might I ask when that is planned?
They deliver, just need to meet Ptiber in game :)

I have gotten mine

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Sorry for the necro but this was the best place I could find in regards to my question.

I recently transferred my house, a vassal, from one to another, I thought I read somewhere that there wasn't a cost for moving your vassal to another house but when I did I got charged a 30k creation fee again and the liege house got 10k of it. Is this a bug or is it suppose to charge people for changing houses when they are still a vassal?

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Sorry for the necro but this was the best place I could find in regards to my question.

I recently transferred my house, a vassal, from one to another, I thought I read somewhere that there wasn't a cost for moving your vassal to another house but when I did I got charged a 30k creation fee again and the leige house got 10k of it. Is this a bug or is it suppose to charge people for changing houses when they are still a vassal?
This.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff

I recently transferred my house, a vassal, from one to another, I thought I read somewhere that there wasn't a cost for moving your vassal to another house but when I did I got charged a 30k creation fee again and the liege house got 10k of it. Is this a bug or is it suppose to charge people for changing houses when they are still a vassal?
I couldn't find anywhere stating that changing houses was free, but 30k for changing a liege is a bit much to mee. This is probably just something that slipped under our radar when we set all the prices. We're going to relay that discussion to the staff team and change the price accordingly. Stay tuned.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I couldn't find anywhere stating that changing houses was free, but 30k for changing a liege is a bit much to mee. This is probably just something that slipped under our radar when we set all the prices. We're going to relay that discussion to the staff team and change the price accordingly. Stay tuned.
Sorry to bother but any news on this?

I'm asking because I'm still paying taxes to a house I'm not sworn to RPly anymore and I don't really have 30k that isn't for roads, so I can't afford to switch currently.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Sorry to bother but any news on this?

I'm asking because I'm still paying taxes to a house I'm not sworn to RPly anymore and I don't really have 30k that isn't for roads, so I can't afford to switch currently.
Sorry I didn't have time lately to have a look at that, but I will very soon! (in the next days hopefully)

EDIT: I'll probably be able to update that tomorrow morning :) I'll keep you updated!

Last edited:

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Hey, we encountered a small problem earlier when we wanted to demote a member to Citizen (lowest rank) because he was for some reason set to the wrong one:

The guide in the OP link is missing an explanation and the command to demote members by a rank - if there even is such a command then the /House help doesn't list it despite me having pretty much every available perm (except owner); I tried using the same ones I use in guilds but it doesn't seem to yield results.

Edit: Checking the Guild commands again, Promote and demote is apparently reserved for the Owner.

Could it be that a Heir can't demote someone within the house? That would need change ... :/
I mean its obvious I can't demote someone on the same level or above mine, but below is kinda annoying when they have been set wrong.

Requesting a change here :);
---
Also requesting to change the Seal remover to another block. I can't for example place ladders on redstone blocks (not even with shift) or that a Redstone block only counts as a remover when you execute a command and then click it similar to the Chest plugin we use :)

Last edited: