Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Nodas1995's whitelist application. [Approved - Snerus]

Nodas1995

Villager
About You!
1. What is your Minecraft username
?
Nodas1995

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
I do live in the Netherlands, Europe. But no worries, I do believe my written English skills are good enough to do some decent roleplay.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yep I did, altough I do think some more reading is required to get known to all the lore on the server!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming - Using information you got OOC in a RP situation. This includes the use of information that someone gets from other platforms, floating usernames etc.

Powergaming - Devoting most of your time to become as powerful as possible on the server by doing stuff like getting insanely high MMCMO levels or OP gear. This can also be said about getting certain riches.

Another way of powergaming is using imaginary troops and guards to make your own character stronger in lore. This also fits into doing certain moves that 'paralyses' your opponent.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Certainly not, and all other client side mods can better be approved by staff.
So my question here, is Optifine allowed to get just a bit more fps in game?

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Paint, altough I havent spoken to anyone of them yet.

8. Tell us about yourself!
I will keep my name private for now, until I do know the server a bit better atleast. But if you do want to know about my hobbies and real life things. Two years ago I became a Climbing instructor which I do for work on a full-time basis. Next winter I will also put my effort to give kids a nice day in a indoor playingground. For several years i had been helping to make and run certain escaperooms in the Netherlands.

During my free time I had been doing Tennis and Jiu-Jitsu for quite a long time. Traveling to other countries and just enjoying holidays cannot be forgotten for sure! I often hang out with friends, playing some games like Call of Duty and FIFA, but nothing serious in that, especially not FIFA, unless we talk about getting red cards.

Whenever i am at home, often during the evenings or when I am having free days from work I will put my effort into my own clan.

At last I am also writing the first book of the Silence series, which will hopefully become a widely known fantasy story. Filled with events that happened on older rp servers and its impact on the players I am writing about.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do certainly have examples of previous builds. But Because I do not want to fill this post with tons of pictures, I will simply refer to my planetminecraft page. I still need to upload my latests projects though!

https://www.planetminecraft.com/member/silenced_nodas1995/

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Oveny had been one of the 3 co-leaders of Silence for a few years now.
My whole clan was active on the Lord of the Rings mod however, due to private reasons we are now returning back to vanilla mc. Oveny told us about Hollowworld several times, and right now it seems like the perfect place to settle down and get something great ongoing.

So yea, I do refer Oveny in this regard.
About Your Character!
Character Name
:
Nodas Norian.

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Nodas Norian is a rather small and young boy. He isnt truly muscular either. His build makes him fast and easily manouverable though.
His hair is blonde, but mostly covered by a brownish cape.
After walking through the wilderness during many hunting trips, he is used to clothes that blend in well with foresty environments. Green, brown and black tunics are used often.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I dont have one sadly. Its just the skin i am using right now.

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Nodas Norian was born in the year 2279 on the northern side in the old continent of Altera.
Skraag's undead forces had taken the Southern half of the continent and stories about their mercyless attacks were known to all the known civilizations in the north during that time.
Fenrir Norian and Amanera Baelim, the real parents of Nodas, decided to flee across the large ocean. They werent the only one, because most of the living civilians fled from the horrors in the south.
Nodas had one little brother named Downzey Baelim, named after their mother.

Nodas was a real explorer during his first innocent years. His parents had to look after him on the deck of the ship rather often. He often crowled to other travelers with a big smile on his face, just to enjoy their company. And noone ever cared about this rude invader, as such he was often accepted and cared for with love.

Just like every journey, the travel across the ocean came to an end. When the harbour of Storms-landing came in sight, every passager came onto the decks to see the marvelous town in the distance. This was a fatal moment in Nodas his young life. His parents did not pay attention to him for just a few minutes. Noone truly did. Nodas, being too young to understand what was going on, saw the ropes that went all the way up to the crows nest on top of the masts. He reached the ropes quite rapidly and started to climb up a little. His real adventure began when someone accidently pushed the ropes, throwing little Nodas overboard. Noone noticed the baby that fell into the water, and his parents realised his disappearance too late.

Noone ever knew how Nodas survived the time in the water without drowning. But it was a fact that Nodas had been found by a old dwarven female who lived not far away from Storms Landing.
She thought that this baby was a sign of the gods and took him home. In the days that followed this special event, the old dwarven lady kept searching to find Nodas his parents. But she had no succes. So eventually she decided to raise this human child as if it was her own and named him Kviv.

In the following years, Nodas grew up as a polite and friendly young lad. Often visiting Storms-landing with the old dwarven lady to buy wares. He was amazed by the large buildings that were spread out in the city and often imagined large towns and great castles made by his own hands.

When Nodas was 9 years old, the old dwarven lady told him that she was not his real mother. And so Nodas learned that he washed up ashore. Curiousity about his parents started to grow within him, but he was too small to go out into the large world on his own. And so he waited a little longer.
Two years later the Dwarven lady passed away peacefully due to old age. But Nodas was left all on his own.
He took the recources he thought were most useful to him, but nothing more then he could carry, and headed towards Storms landing. There he met with some Nomadic travelers who sold their wares all across Altera. They took him in and allowed this little kid whom they named Kviv to travel with them.

The life of a trader and a nomad was worth nothing to Nodas though, but he used this time to look for his parents. The traders told Nodas that they helped some lost sailors 9 years ago. One large and broad man, a desperate woman who was heartbroken after the loss of her two year old son and a little baby. Connections to this story was made easily and now Nodas learned the second name he was supposed to have. A family called Norian.

When Nodas was 15 years old he finally reunited with his parents in the town named Etena. Both of them were wounded badly because they did help the rebels who fled the lands of Lutia. To his dispear, both his parents were no longer able to speak. But his mum did give him a little amulet with a picture of his little brother. The citizens in Etena did not hurt this little teenager who just met with his dying parents, but demanded him to leave their lands immediately.

Nodas Norian returned to Storms Landing to move on with the quest to find his little brother.

Last edited:

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Nodas - As per your question, Optifine is indeed permissible (and in some cases even recommended) for use on the server. As a footnote, people are usually penalized for what their intentions are with using a mod, and not through it's simple possession. If there are added features on a program that you exploit to try and gain additional resources and items, we'll see you do it, otherwise, so long as you aren't using those features, you'll be perfectly fine.

Alright, onto your application.

I'd like to start off by saying what an excellent job you did with your backstory. References to the map and lore are all highly encouraged from me.

There's two outstanding items I'd like held, however.

Firstly, your definition of powergaming is incomplete, according to server definitions. Please reread our Survival Guides to find out what the concise definition, and amend your own descriptions to fit.

Secondly, for the sake of consistency, I'd recommend (though in this case it is not required) for your character to be sixteen years of age. On Hollowworld, it's typically preferred that younger characters are played by the existing memberbase as side-characters or developing characters, rather than by new applicants.

And lastly, keep in mind that despite his early parentage, Nodas is unable to know the dwarven language, as he himself is not a dwarf. Language skills are preferred to be developed organically through RP with members of that race, rather than being a part of a backstory.

I'll keep your application as pending until the change I've requested has been made.

Nodas1995

Villager
Thanks for your fast reply Snerus!

I did make the changes, and it is fine about the dwarven language.
My character only learned to love minerals and some of the old ladies habits.
But the language in Storms landing is simply human for so far i knew, so yeah. It makes sense that Nodas is only able to use the toungue of men.

Snerus

I didn't do it for the 'Gram, I did it for Gotham
Perfect. Thank you for making the changes I've requested.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.