Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[NS] Overview

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

---

[Setting]
Beginning in 1935 Iurra, this Nation States game will be a realistic run through of a World War II era universe. Any ideologies, religions, or other philosophies are entirely fictional and set in the world built by our participants. The story of the nation you is described by issues answered through the NationStates website and its Factbook. Political, social, and cultural interactions are done freely. The nitty gritty of actual economic and military gameplay controlled by a preexisting rule set that is mediated by a DM.

---

[NS]
Region ID - Iurra
Region Password- hollowworld

---

[Nation Creation]
Currently, the game is not ready to begin. We are still defining the rules and how turns will be handled, and I have yet to finish the map. Before the map is finished, it would be helpful if players could post a general background and goals for the nation they intend to create, so I know how much space to allot to each continent (you'll note it's not a full world map!) As the stats of your NS region do not affect your IC population or government, feel free to create your nations and join the region at will.

[Participants]

Curgotha - Cap
Ocrhana - Rossu
Old Suthveara - CloakedReaper
Beokje - Chados
Wojskaya - Rygan
Attai - Paint
Shuigu - Tomato150
Eastoras - Sir Arc
Lux Volet - Electric

[Discord]
https://discord.gg/s6HkGJf

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Paint
Rossu
Jstar
JoeJoe
Tomato150
@the rest of you

Tagging those who I remember as being interested. Go ahead and tag others if you want.

Personally, I will be creating a European culture with a potential emphasis on mercantilism and control of the seas. Giving me this information allows me to build us a world map that caters specifically to what everyone actually wants for placing their nation.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'm already in as the mediator/DM-actor, and won't be running a nation to preserve neutrality.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Id love to joinand work with it all the last game was amazing.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I'm interested, depending on how the rules and whatnot are designed. Main question I have atm is how are you going to handle nationstates questions regarding topics not set in WW2 era, such as space exploration, robotics, and the like?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Issues are optional flavor for the character/culture of your nation, and aren't involved in the crunch coop-competitive part of gameplay, which is more about defeating rival nations to attain hegemony by cunning, economic warfare, or military force.

The reason for that is because there's too wide a spread of what Issues do, so one could start with an AI citizenship issue while another is starting with a national museum collection one, and immediately throwing the scales off balance.

Tomato150

Lord of Altera
Where did you want us to chuck our nations and their ideas? Here for now, or dedicated thread to it, or god forbid dedicated threads per nation

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Where did you want us to chuck our nations and their ideas? Here for now, or dedicated thread to it, or god forbid dedicated threads per nation
Throw it in here, and feel free to make your nation in NS and join the region.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
Throw it in here, and feel free to make your nation in NS and join the region.
Are we starting right out of the gate with decisions or holding off like last time to a set date to start the process

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Are we starting right out of the gate with decisions or holding off like last time to a set date to start the process
The gameplay elements are the focus, so your NS state can be of any size or type. Treat it like a character profile, as the NationStates native stats don't account for anything outside of social RP

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Hey guys, do me a favour and post the name of your nation here. We've got some unidentified states in the region currently.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Could Renhalt, Eastoras, and Lumina do me a favour and let me know who they are so I can update the post?

ToastySpam

Chairman of the Procrastination Committee
Legend
ToastySpam
ToastySpam
Legend
I'm interested, but I've got no experience with this - do I need to make a nationstates account first before I can join the group?