Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [October 24th] The Manifesto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
I for one am actually glad to have made it to an event for once.

Thanks much Lannis for putting it on, especially on a week day! And that ain't sarcasm... my weekends are usually tipsy ;P

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I for one am actually glad to have made it to an event for once.

Thanks much Lannis for putting it on, especially on a week day! And that ain't sarcasm... my weekends are usually tipsy ;P
I can imagine tipsy Estes would be hilarious

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
Event summary pls?
I got a record of all he said:

“ Greetings. I am he whose works you have been following to places forgotten. I am here before you to inform you that I have finished what I set out to do. “ The man’s smile grows a hair, but it does not seem a happy one. “ ... I have assembled the means necessary to break the pantheon and their tyranny. But I will not use them myself. I will give that decision, and means, to those of you that would use them with good reason… None here are learned enough to understand the means. But it has the power to do what it must. “ The man turns to regard Azure and his question. “ That they are silent does not mean they are still. Do you think any of this an accident? The demons? The destruction of your homes, your exodus? “ To Eltsir, now. “ I have built a weapon terrible enough to fight them. It brings me no joy, but its existence is a necessary if we mortals are not to be toyed with. Less mortal than you, child mage. But still mortal. “ He addresses Cymic now. “ If you had seen what I have, how they toy with you, you would think the same. A deterrent is necessary. Were you not paying attention? The demons that plagued you were the creation of the gods. The fool that got you to destroy your wards was a tool of the gods. Not to join me. I have no need of allies. I am merely making a device available of those convincing enough to use it. You may consider it a method of dispatching a deity. Permanently. The process if not without risk. He finds Forrest in the crowd. I have nothing to give you as proof other than my word, but if you have some other explanation of what deific powers have beset you, no words will sway you. “ He regards Eltsir.

“ The potential for it to sour is great. Cataclysm, even war with the pantheon. But you would not be slaves. Then you would not be slaves. I gain nothing from this, personally. Nor will I retreat from my sins. There will be no place but the darkest hell for me. “ He regards Dum’ni first. “ It is used as a ritual. Y no means will its use be an accident, or without will. “ And to Asero, next. “ ...If I were to use it myself, I would be no different a tyrant than those I condemn. The choice must be yours. Clain was deceived, and found what he saw to be evidence for this deception. I am not driven by hatred, child. I find the natural order of the pantheon toying with mortals to be unacceptable and untenable. I am not here to answer to you. Those that would use what I offer need only post a missive upon a public place. We will find it. And then we will speak again. You may try, King of Grapes. “ Had just been threatened to personally blast him into oblivion. “ If you think I offer you power, you are mistaken. It is wielded to no end that will benefit mortal pursuits. Your ‘boons’ are trinkets given to appease the faithful and forestall what I work towards. The gods are not influenced by Corruption. None that is not outside their nature. The gods certainly were. But they do not act on it now. Are there any further questions? “

An instant before he is strcuk, the man seems to wink out of existence. And a moment later, he returns. “ ...Yes, I already told you that it was I whom you followed to the heart. My offer is outlandish, and brings risk of death in many ways. I expect few of you to pursue it. Those that do need only post interest. It need not contain your name. We will find you. “ Francis tries to stab him and then the Figure vanishes and doesn’t reappear once more.

Tldr;

The suspicious guy offered a way to kill a guy and I don't think anybody bought it.

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Vorar's been pointing out the gods have done way more bad than good for years. This guy seems reasonable enough

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The main problem I'm seeing is that if you kill a god another one will show up in the same role. See Silas taking over for SWIBN.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
From what I saw it was a good event.

But it certainly... foreshadows some coming things.

Also baron isn't wrong.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Neeeat.

But lads, if we're doing this...

Oh, and we /are/ doing this

We're gonna do allll the fun shit that I've had saved up and prepped with Cherry in the event that this was the direction folks wanted to go.

Hold on a minute, we've triggered a series.

Scardrac

Felsummer
(Sorry for typos, forums don’t highlight them when I am on my phone.)

I feel that the only thing the event did right is stick to what it said it was going to do. Just talking.

As we got there, a being simply popped into view. A stranger with no physical description, using a default MC skin. I noticed that a few people relogged to see what the issue was. I did. It was the persons skin. Maybe there was some authentication issues going on, I don’t know, but we still got no description of the things voice, body, nor was there any special effect to substitute the lack of the aforementioned. It took about 2-4 minutes for the thing to even talk, and sometimes even longer for the thing to even finish a second part of its dialogue. Not to mention, our very own events coordinator spouted out in yell chat (NANOMACHINES), or something. I am sure people laughed, and I am sure people didnt get upset, because they really didn’t have much immersion to break in the first place.

The only thing to suggest this isn’t some plain jane human was the fact that it simply poofed out of existsnce when attacked. It gave no remark to the attack when it came back as boringly as it left. The thing has zero personality, discernably alignment, or any hint to what it was or what it wants beyond the ominous “you could not understand” or “I am he who has caused this”. I was trying to guess if Lannis wanted us to believe this guy or not, and not in a good way. The experience was overhyped and I feel was a letdown.

What did our characters learn? There is a way to kill a god. Okay, anyone could have imagined there is a way to kill a god. It is not something to gasp at.

What did our characters feel? Uh, nothing. There was zero explanation, zero exposition besides pinning the blame on a faceless, rushed character. There was no intimidation as the thing did not make any threats to its attackers, it did not express any emotion to what anyone did or said. I won’t buy the “this creature is beyond human emotional concepts”, because it has been done far better in the past.

What did our characters do? Well, talk. We talked at it, things we can do with each other literally whenever we want. People tried attacking it, to no change of event. I tried casting telepathy on it, and while it yielded a result, it changed the course of nothing, and the creature didn’t care when called out on it. We talked, that was it.

So if we didn’t do, see, or feel anything different, what is the point? The world is no different to us. It was devoid of any sort of flashy effect, otherworldly sounds or creatures, no form of warning for the world. You gave us a hollow character and expected us to place him at the head of what all the recent bad things that have happened. But there is no sense of mystery, only a lack of substance. There is a difference between the two. Given all this, I would like to point out that if you knew Lannis was ordered to put out an event with an unknown “or else”, how would you feel? I am baffled at people saying this is good. Those that say that, I noticed, either weren’t there, or likely havent had much impactful roleplay in any recent time. I think slapping “server campaign” can only get you so far and so many people that say you worked hard and thanks for the event.

An event should be eventful, memorable, or at the very least, immersive, and emotional. I had to look back to see what was said (thanks Joe) because I forgot what happened when the dialogue disappeared from the MC chat. Forgetabble, regrettable, a flop if you consider the three months it took to do this. It feels like it was rushed literally last minute, considering the no skin, improv dialogue, zero atmosphere. 1/10, at least people beat eachother up in the crowd.

Bad event. I’m not afraid to criticize.

Last edited:

Legendary Fiction

It took a lot to get here
I am baffled at people saying this is good. Those that say that, I noticed, either weren’t there, or likely havent had much impactful roleplay in any recent time.
This is probably me. I am scared to miss out, or not be included in something, and am trying to get involved with at least one character of mine. Currently, that is my Makani. I know I cant always make it to player held events, even though those can have impact on a character, but I dont want to miss out on anymore server ones, no matter the type, as I feel it can still move the story along in some way, in one direction or another. There is still information to gleam, analyze, pass along, act on.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
“these things that would have been better events have happened and I’m here to tell you about them”

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Changed the tag to “Finished”, since it was left as “Upcoming”. Reminder that it has now been 1 month since this event, longer since this section had a new thread.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
CE769385-AD39-4054-A967-67F31CB993BA.jpeg
Reminder that it’s been two months since this event took place (October), and longer still since an actual event in this campaign (July). Parties went seemingly unused, and there is still no answer as to why an incorporeal man would come promote any of this.

But hey, all that aside:
FF99D85F-9307-425C-B464-211C5295833B.jpeg
At least it’s easy to keep up with nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.