Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished [October 24th] The Manifesto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
You said that was because of your characters and a few other reasons
I said it was because there's nothing to do, my characters have nothing to do, and a few personal reasons.
Overall it's mostly
"There's nothing to do."

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I said it was because there's nothing to do, my characters have nothing to do, and a few personal reasons.
Overall it's mostly
"There's nothing to do."
You have to create rp for your characters, I'm sorry there's not am event planned every single day. Actually, more often than not there is because of Kamaoe

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
You have to create rp for your characters, I'm sorry there's not am event planned every single day. Actually, more often than not there is because of Kamaoe
Unlike the economy, event trickle down is a thing. One campaign event can trigger a dozen or more player events in reaction to it as characters react and prepare for what's next.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Unlike the economy, event trickle down is a thing. One campaign event can trigger a dozen or more player events in reaction to it as characters react and prepare for what's next.
Because those events are the epitome of HW. Lol, i see what you're saying but they aren't immensely effective for everday HW RP.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Because those events are the epitome of HW. Lol, i see what you're saying but they aren't immensely effective for everday HW RP.
But they are. A major campaign event draws more players in than any player event. The offshoot player events then also pull people. The increased player count from all this sustains a higher degree of everyday RP since more people are online, making more people interested in logging in (don't tell me there's never been a time you saw only 3 people online and decided against logging in).

Without its campaign events, HW is indistinguishable from any of the other RP servers out there, saving for lower fantasy in general.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
But they are. A major campaign event draws more players in than any player event. The offshoot player events then also pull people. The increased player count from all this sustains a higher degree of everyday RP since more people are online, making more people interested in logging in (don't tell me there's never been a time you saw only 3 people online and decided against logging in).

Without its campaign events, HW is indistinguishable from any of the other RP servers out there, saving for lower fantasy in general.
I agree that campaigns are needed, i meant exclusively the trickle-down events that result from campaign events

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
Ian, as someone who quite literally used to log in every day and tried to do that exact same thing, it doesn't always work. I'm the last guy you should be walking up saying "You have to create rp" to.
Outside of the mini events, I tried to make plenty of rp on multiple occasions with every character I had interest in playing at the time. My point being, there's nothing going on and if there is it's typically-
*enters, orders drink, sips.* or *enters, orders drink, socialize with the person closest in small talk, finish drink.*
There's only so much Everyday Tavern RP a guy can go through before getting tired of it.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Ian, as someone who quite literally used to log in every day and tried to do that exact same thing, it doesn't always work. I'm the last guy you should be walking up saying "You have to create rp" to.
Outside of the mini events, I tried to make plenty of rp on multiple occasions with every character I had interest in playing at the time. My point being, there's nothing going on and if there is it's typically-
*enters, orders drink, sips.* or *enters, orders drink, socialize with the person closest in small talk, finish drink.*
There's only so much Everyday Tavern RP a guy can go through before getting tired of it.
Trickle down events man

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Go to another region

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Yeah the majority of the server is definitely inactive because making RP for yourself is an easy task.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
It is, i do it all the time.

See: Ignoble's ball
I was there and it was fun. There were still less than 20 players, and it was one of the more successful recent events. The server is on a downturn and if you ask most people the answer will be "there's nothing to do." Your own success at remaining active doesn't change that.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I was there and it was fun. There were still less than 20 players, and it was one of the more successful recent events. The server is on a downturn and if you ask most people the answer will be "there's nothing to do." Your own success at remaining active doesn't change that.
What i've also been doing is, with Cymic, having him send letters to folk for certain things like. He's hired someone to subtly fuck with a specific political leader. Also, the recent thing with the music & QP. If people just get a bit creative, they can find ways to attract RP and reach out to people who you don't normally RP with.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
It is a holiday. It's Christmas Eve. Families are in town. Food and presents tomorrow. Please, please, please- Can we let this thread go quiet for a couple days? I understand the frustrations and I know that everyone here wants to make their voice heard. But can we at least agree to let everyone have a holiday and enjoy it? It's not fun to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with my mind focused on the arguments here instead of family, and I know its the same with some other staff.

Can we agree as a collective whole to enjoy our holiday and return to the regularly scheduled discussion on Tuesday?

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Dude, can you at least wait till after xmas before throwing some initiative?
It is a holiday. It's Christmas Eve. Families are in town. Food and presents tomorrow. Please, please, please- Can we let this thread go quiet for a couple days? I understand the frustrations and I know that everyone here wants to make their voice heard. But can we at least agree to let everyone have a holiday and enjoy it? It's not fun to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with my mind focused on the arguments here instead of family, and I know its the same with some other staff.

Can we agree as a collective whole to enjoy our holiday and return to the regularly scheduled discussion on Tuesday?
Dates just happened to line up. I’ll be here next month if there’s still nothing.

No one is raising a pitchfork, it’s just agreement that the people recognizing a problem are right.

(As well, we didn’t stop for Kwanza or Hanukkah.)

Status
Not open for further replies.