Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Ancient Elven Capital] The Grove of Tauredal

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant

Far to the East lies the Elven Isles,
Through forests thick and untamed.
A sanctuary for the wild of heart,
Deep in the woods, has been claimed.

Tall do these Elves stand,
And taller still do their homes.
Beware, he who would step uninvited
on ground that he does not own.

Tauredal is a Grove of Eldnarí, the largest in the Northern Kingdoms.
It was part of the territories belonging to Saeradan, the oldest Elven House in Altera, and it is the Capital of the Forest Elves.
There are almost a dozen Eldnarí in Tauredal, each one carefully grown to accommodate the lives of the Forest Elves who live within.
The Grove has played an important part in Elven history, used as Saeradan's Capital for the royal line's entire reign.
Tauredal.jpg

What is Saeradan?
Saeradan is an old Elven House that died, as one by one the heirs succumbed to old age or blade. Once the line of Elven Kings and Queens fell, it was led by a Council that governed Tauredal and the other Saeradan territories, including Cridhe and Eresse, for a while, before that too was disbanded. You can find all the information you need on Saeradan here.

How to get to Tauredal:
Tauredal is currently not accessible by Dockmaster, but will be soon.
For now, it is advised that you /sethome in Tauredal, to avoid the long journey.
The city can be found at the coords- X: 15702, and Y: 6112.

The Eldnarí Homes:
The citizens of Tauredal live communally, with approximately three Elves per Eldnarí. There are no taxes or initial fees to begin living in the trees, simply pick one and get moved in.
Once you are part of the region, you may edit the interior of your home if you wish, though the town Elders reserve the right to change it back if they believe it doesn't fit in well.
You may store your possessions in the trees, as there's ample space. Or, you can use the vaults under Tauredal to safeguard your things.

Joining the Town - Known to Elves:
Saeradan welcomed all friends of the forest, which meant that Caparii, Nakam and Forest Elves were invited to join the city. The Forest Elves welcome the 'rarer' races, hoping that Tauredal may act as a safe haven for those whose numbers are few.
Rangers were counted among the friends of Saeradan, no matter their race.

Joining the Town - Stranger to Elves:
The members of most races would have been hard pressed to find a welcoming home in any of Saeradan's lands. Wariness of strangers is what has kept the Forest Elves from becoming extinct, and so they exercise strict caution when dealing with folk they are unsure of. It was not impossible to join as a stranger, but it was much harder.

Joining the Town - Nüme Kíadh:
Any town Elder of Tauredal has the authority to gift an individual the title 'Nüme Kíadh', roughly translating to 'Elf Friend'. It is the highest form of respect a non-Elf can receive, and those with the title are welcome on all Saeradan lands. Folk who gain the title are those who have done great deeds for the Elven people. It is a mark of gratitude and thanks, and not at all given lightly.

If you'd like to join, contact Mairin. You can find her on the forums under the username mairinbaihn.

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
*Thumbs up*
*Oh, so very, very thumbs up*
*Such thumbs up, even*
*Maybe even much. Much, yes. Much thumbs up*
Thanks, Faelin :D

Added the Eldnarí of Interest section, though I think it should be renamed A Tourist's Guide to Tauredal. Will add more things as they're completed, such as the Theodran Temple, the Silver Wood Spring, and the ~Undertown~.

Also fixed a few typos and mistakes, though there's probably still a dozen in there >.>

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Important- Tauredal is now declared a safe haven for those who wish to use it, and will strive to keep war well away from the forest borders. For the sake of the survival of Elvenkind, all are welcome in the city as refugees.

dplatz7400

Lord of Altera
Hm, I'm making another character, because I'm assuming my character probably isn't alive. Back when he was, he was actually over 300 years, because the lore was different. Tantara's gone missing to college, and I miss him as a person more than the Saeradans.

aidoninja

Lord of Altera
Legend
aidenninja
aidenninja
Legend
Name: RP: Alaon, Username:aidenninja
Race:Wood elf
Profession: Hunter/Scavenger
My whitelist app was a year ago so...
Will you be joining Saeradan?: no
If not, the reason: i am already in house silverian
Anything you'd like to add: This is my new charicter as my old one die in his sleep

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Name: RP: Alaon, Username:aidenninja
Race:Wood elf
Profession: Hunter/Scavenger
My whitelist app was a year ago so...
Will you be joining Saeradan?: no
If not, the reason: i am already in house silverian
Anything you'd like to add: This is my new charicter as my old one die in his sleep
OOCly this looks fine, so feel free to RP with us but as a Silverian member you may find difficulty in being welcomed in the Grove!
Name: Drachen Dormus
Race: Human
Profession: Ranger initiate, Chevalier.
[Link to Character Profile/Whitelist Application]: http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/drachen-dormus-the-reaver.26429/#post-404058 (It's not the prettiest profile, truthfully.)
Will you be joining Saeradan?: I'd love to!
Anything you'd like to add: Ehm... Nothing, really.
Name: Altrez
Race: Elf
Profession: I am a traveler that also hunts.
[Link to Character Profile/Whitelist Application] http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/serpent-naereniv11-approoved-roo.27441/
Will you be joining Saeradan?: Yes
If not, the reason:
Anything you'd like to add:
Nope
Name: Tahlen Redfin
Race: Forest Elf
Profession: Hunter/Woodsman
http://worldofaltera.co.uk/threads/tahlen-redfin-application-approved-estes.27482/
Will you be joining Saeradan?: Yes
If not, the reason: N/A
Anything you'd like to add:
Just to applaud you on the extensive Elf Lore and Tauredal itself. The more I read and see the more impressed I am.
All of ye' are accepted :) I'll be on all evening GMT tonight if you're around, if not I'll catch you all soon.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
2014-04-17_09.47.21.png
We now have a super easy way to get to Tauredal!
Only those who are welcome know the way, though~
Ask me in-game or on the forums if your character would know how to get there!