Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Old_Gromm [Approved - Squidziod]

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
OOC Information:
1. What is your Minecraft username
?
Old_Gromm

2. How old are you?
19. I was born on the 21st of April, 1998.

3. What country are you from?
England- I was born in Swindon, Wiltshire.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
I have indeed. They have changed a little bit since I was last here, but the premise are all the same.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is the act in which a player uses information they have gained out-of-character (e.g. using dynmap to reveal the location of a player) and using it in-character. The action can vary, such as knowing another characters secrets or reading the lore page and instantly being an expert in-character.

Powergaming is the act in which a player forces another player to accept their complete and utter domination without consent, such as attacking another player without allowing the other player to be able to block, parry or even avoid the conflict all together. There are other forms of powergaming, such as a player coming back from the dead or their player not bleeding/being injured from combat at all-- but the concept of powergaming has always been that a player demands absolute authority over another players actions.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No. They are cheats created for finding resources easily, which not only ruins the point of the game, but also ruins the fun of Minecraft. Cheaters of this kind can be easily found using Hawkeye to determine whom has been mining in a 1x1 hole in the ground straight to diamond.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidzoid. I will admit, I had to quickly research this question as it took me by surprise. I would not know the name of mentors off the top of my head.

8. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Connor and I am a student in History. Currently, I study Medieval and Early Modern History, although I have studied Ancient History and some aspects of Contemptry History also. I have also studied briefly on Philosophy, Theology (in multiple faiths, most notably Buddhism and Judaism), English Language and Doorholding. Sadly, I cannot get a grade in the last one...

I am not the sharpest of people, as I often make stupid mistakes where they could have otherwise been avoided. I enjoy gaming (especially on Team Fortress 2), spending time with friends, eating and studying. I especially enjoyed hiking when I was younger, but money constraints make that impossible to do today.
I am also addicted to coca-cola.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
None I can share, no. I am not a very gifted builder-- and you cannot quite prove you are a good Roleplayer as that isn't something I can say I am.
In the past, I helped write lore for servers... though to avoid mentioning other servers and other games, I cannot show these long lore pages. I have, however, worked on lore and helping others set up servers.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found the server in 2013 through a Google Search. I can't quite remember why or how I came across Hollowworld, but I refer myself back here in 2018.

About Your Character!
Character Name: Gromm Brownbeard - Previously Gromm Elumeril Wake.

Character Age: 108 years of age. Gromm was born in PC 2185 and came to age at 25 (when I first Roleplayed him).

Character Race: Dwarf.

Appearance: Gromm has a base appearance for a Dwarf with one long beard that ends with two knotted strands. His hair is often a mess, but easily able to be combed back to make him look oddly professional for a Dwarf-- despite his eyepatch that he wears outside formal occasions over his left eye due to being blind in one eye. His right eye has a deep blue pupil which is always looking alert or thoughtful. Depending on the formality also depends on his attire, though her usually wears very light armour as casual clothing due to his concept of worship to Korog that "all Dwarves should wear their own or kins creations." In the rare case Gromm has to be formal, he shall wear something akin to thick cloth or leather, such as a long coat.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

For reference, this is what Gromm looked like at the age of 25:

Written Test:
The Sorrows could sometimes be a depressing place, but as could the rest of Altera when you knew what you were looking at. Perhaps it was time that had made the Dwarf so cynical of his past, where he slowly began to realize that the lands around him were always doomed to end. Emotions, castles, cities, people- they would all end eventually. The tallest mountain would crumble... the largest ocean would dry... given enough time, of course.
Gromm would sit for hours in strange places to observe the lands around him. It was the bugs that continued their daily routines, none the wiser of their destruction... or people that passed, arguing about something he would find a waste of time. But time was never precious to a Dwarf. It was not an object that could be obtained, nor something you could craft with.... even if you could create something to tell you the time, it was still an object that kept going forward.

On this day, Gromm sat on a mountain-top, watching the sunrise above a forest. The embers of the small campfire cooled near him as the faint smell of smoke subsided. His single blue eye stared off into the red sky as he thought contentiously on the very fabric of time itself-- and if it could mean anything to those around him.
It wasn't like a Dwarf to think about time. In Horgaahn, there is no past or future... no "if's." There was only the present time as all Dwarves lived in the "now." But Gromm could no longer live in the "now" when his dearest Raisa was murdered by Syrien, his beloved son Scoot broken on the floor of Port Silver and his homeland over-ran with undead...
The "now" was something of a horror. His mind had always gone back to the past... regretting not doing things differently. He should have been a proper father, working at the Laughing Lamb in Port Silver rather then running off to become a petty thief, an outlaw, an adventurer and loyalist to King's that seemingly betrayed his trust.
Faking his own death was something Gromm was required to do in order to escape from reality... but this was something he did in the past when he was concerned with the "now." He had believed that his world was over back when Rasia died, yet... the world continued.
Without them. Without him.

He felt a wetness on his rough cheeky. Blinking a few times, Gromm moved a fat finger to the source to find that he was crying over the memories. Shaking his head, he took out a piece of paper from his pocket, crumbled, worn, somewhat burnt on the edges and faded over time. It was a child's image of a Dwarf with a helmet, a helm with wings on it... with the caption 'fluffy,' pointing at the beard.
Gromm gave out a little sigh and smiled.
"...Ai miss ye Scoot. Ai do miss all Altera." The Dwarf looked around him, but found nothing but the forceful wind to hear his monologue. "...Perhaps 'tis time 'ta return. Face me kin 'n 'ole friends, if 'tey be alive. 'Tey may need 'an older Dwarf 'ta help 'em fight 'fer Altera or... 'ta fight 'fer what remains 'o 'ta Dwarves."
He stood up and took one thoughtful gaze at the increasingly blue sky as the sun rose.
"Ae reta ta meir hodur hearth..."
<I return to my hollow home>

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.