Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Olligreen's Application [Accepted - Jase]

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
About you!

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
Olligreen

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Using knowledge that you know OOC to somehow benefit your RP character.
Powergaming: Giving your RP character powerful abilities that make them impossible to defeat, or phrasing your character's actions in a way that removes choice from other players' characters.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Nope!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jase (They helped me a LOT with making this character. Thanks, man!)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi! My name's Olly & I don't have any particular preference when it comes to pronouns. I've been into RP since middle school, mostly on twitter, but I've sort of been out of it for a year or so. I figured this would be a great way to get back in! I've just graduated from high school and I plan to major in Psychology. I'm also huge D&D nerd. I've been playing since early high school and I've never stopped since. In fact, the character I plan on bringing in is based on my Changeling Hexblade Warlock, so it'll be interesting to see how he fits into this environment. Other than that my main interests are Mr. Robot, IDKhow, Achievement Hunter, and Overwatch (Orisa main!).

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I have an AO3 page, if you'd like to read some of that. (Don't worry, none of it is ship-based.) The work I'm most proud of on there is an IDKhow fanfiction (but you don't really have to know anything about the band to get the story) called 1981: A Battle For The Human Race. It's not entirely finished, but I do have two chapters posted.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I searched "Medieval RP server." This was the first to pop up!

About Your Character!

Character Name
:
Jin Elsattir (jal-Jin Elsattir)

Character Age:
Born on the 3rd of Sunbright, Age: 32 years (63rd Fadma)

Character Race:
Human - Sooleran

Appearance:
6"0', Thin & Somewhat weak build, Short black hair which is noticeably more clean than the rest of his body, Caramel skin, Large & Grey eyes. He often wears common clothing that is lightly colored, usually a royal purple with gold details. He is hardly ever seen without a crown of flowers on his head.

Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
When Jin was a lad, no matter how many weeks or months he'd been traveling he would always find sand in his coin pouch. He'd empty it out on the bank of the river, then the next day it'd be there again, prepared to scratch his hand and grind his gold. His mother had always taught him it was the sands of his home following him as the Caravan moved away; however, his father said that it was put there by greedy spirits who wished to steal his earnings. He didn't know who to believe, nor if they were either correct at all, but either way it was a nuisance.

Decades later, the sands still followed him, but he didn't have his parents to explain. His life belonged to the Caravan now -- his brothers and sisters in the infinite journey. Still, his heart was light. Of course, the gold helped, but his main draw was the people. The art of bargaining was like a dance to him, words twisting into careful daggers and grins radiating powerful enchantments that could leave him carrying a few extra ounces at the end of the day. It was surely the life he was born for.

Still, he did have his bad days, and this was one of them. He spun his mangrove dagger between his fingers, his mind as empty as his pockets. Men would come to his stall perhaps every few hours then leave with absolutely nothing. How could he blame them? All he had in stock was a box of turkey feathers and a cageful of old rats. The little vermin were completely unsellable. They made horrible pets as they bit and scratched whoever held them, and they were far too skinny to make a viable meal -- as if you'd want to eat them in the first place.

"Jin!" A voice called sternly from outside.

He jumped, tossing his dagger from hand to hand to keep it off the ground, only for it to fall on the fifth toss. "Yes, miss! I'll be right there!" He shouted, quickly scooping his blade back into his bag and sprinting to the storefront. "Are you interested in our wares mi--"

"Jin." She said again, her eyebrow raised and her arms crossed. "I'm not here to buy anything, vemar."

Before him stood Sirra-wal, the leader of the Caravan, presently looking quite cross, as she often was.

His jaw clenched a bit, baring the insult as one would fight through a storm. "Yes, ma'am." He mumbled stiffly.

"You haven't sold a thing all day, have you?"

How could he?! She had given him nothing but vermin to sell! This woman, she was an absolute horror! How could she expect him to make an inventory like this look glamorous?! What would the outsiders think of him?! Of the Caravan?! What a disgra--

"Have you?!" She repeated, her brows furrowing with rage.

He stayed entirely silent, then shook his head.

"Fix it." She spat, then turned heel and walked away.

He sighed, then returned to his post with a heavy heart.

The rats' squeaking might as well have been laughs at this point. Those awful things hated him as much as he hated them. Not to mention the stench of the feathers, like wet dog and manure. This was hardly glamorous. If only there was a way to fool folks into believing the feathers were from some magical bird, or that the rats were mythical creatures in disguise. Perhaps if he sewed the feathers onto the rats he could sell them as some kind of mutant bird-rat! Like people would believe that.

Although...

His brows raised as the twisted, absolutely insane idea slowly became far more realistic. "If I attached them to their tails like the tail of a bird..." He grabbed his sewing kit from his bag, scooping a handful of feathers from the box. "... name them something like... Aermice..." He grabbed a handful of rats. They bit and scratched at his arm, but, absorbed in his inspiration, he felt nothing. "I could tell them they're from a strange, distant land." He faked a thicker accent, as he always did to fool customers into thinking his wares were more 'exotic', humming and grinning as he worked.

Hours later, the square began buzzing with patrons. They crowded, murmuring amongst themselves as they approached Jin's storefront.

"Beautiful species! Creatures from a strange land! Only three gold a piece!" Jin shouted to them in that false accent of his. "You'll never get another chance, folks!" He roared through his devilish grin.

"Suckers." He whispered under his breath as he counted his gold, wholly unaware of the rat-bites and sand-burns.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Hey Olligreen !
Really good stuff here. I love your written test as it hits all the right notes and is quite creative! "Aermice" :D

However, I am going to have to get you to change the eye colour of your character. Humans can not have grey eyes :(

Let me know when you have done this by replying to this thread?

Olligreen

Legend of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
They/Them
Olligreen
Olligreen
Legend
Thanks so much!

I read in this post that the common eye color for Sooleran humans is grey. If this isn't the case anymore I'd gladly change it but I just wanted to make sure.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Oh. Deary me. It appears I made a mistake! Well apologies about that! I think I read the human lore and just missed the soolera specific lore! My bad! Olligreen !!!

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.