Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

On the topic of self hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Why is everyone less comfortable with someone hurting themselves than they are with someone hurting someone else?

I can walk down the street and graphically shank someone and nobody bats an eye.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Why is everyone less comfortable with someone hurting themselves than they are with someone hurting someone else?

I can walk down the street and graphically shank someone and nobody bats an eye.
I assume because anyone who experienced getting graphically shanked IRL is no longer able to/no longer wants to play MC.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
One thing I just thought of:
Why not just make a "/ch (chatname)" for you and your pals if you want to RP something without the risk of triggering anyone? Works like a charm.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Alright, I'll be frank here, I'm not fond of self harm, I put up this convo in the hopes of limiting how self harm was done. I made this thread while rushing out the door because my ride to class came early, and I'll admit that I worded things poorly. That being said, I can see that this is causing a lot of anger and arguments, so I'm going to ask that people not comment further on this thread for the next few hours. I'd like to avoid people posting while angry, and if further posts are made within the next 3 hours, I'd like to ask solus to lock the thread if it's just gonna piss people off, that was not my intention.

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
Or if people have a problem with it, they can do the alternative as I said, or leave the area and go RP elsewhere. Threads like these irritate me to high heavens because if people complain enough, it makes character development impossible to have a character that has some dynamic change to his/her character without having everything be cushioned so we don't hurt ourselves.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I'd like to avoid people posting while angry, and if further posts are made within the next 3 hours, I'd like to ask solus to lock the thread if it's just gonna piss people off, that was not my intention.
Sure- send me a message when you want it opened again..

Guys- you can make a point without attacking each other. Let's be civil

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
We're not going to discourage self-mutilation RP unless it's done with excessive graphical detail. Excessive graphical detail is, unfortunately, as far as we're going to classify it (we'll deal with reports in a case by case manner).

If you've been made deeply uncomfortable by the RP happening around you, ask the person making you uncomfortable to tone it down. If they decide not to, let us know (message one of us on the forums or in-game) and leave the environment. Quit minecraft, or turn off your computer, take some deep breaths and have a think about how you might avoid that sort of RP in the future, if you feel it will continue to upset you.

Roleplay is not going to be your safe space, it will not be trigger-free, and we will not penalize our community to appease a vocal minority. We want to offer the freedom to engage in an escapist world where almost anything can happen, and that includes unsavory and unhappy events.

PS - If you're one of the folk whose RP makes someone uncomfortable and they politely ask you to tone it down, be a cool dude and do it. It's nice to be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.