Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[OOC and IC] Construction of a castle

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Town Cirer.png
Castle announcement copy.png

OOC:
So basically, we are currently constructing a huge piece of building in Mockingbay, and we will be needing some help to make this construction a reality. Therefor I am kindly asking for donations, with promise that you will be mentioned in a thank you note and the name of your wish can be placed on an armour stand in the castle. (Basically you get to name an armour stand if you donate a considerable amount).

The things we will most likely be needing is:
- Stone bricks
- Quartz (And a lot of it)
- Oak logs
- Spruce logs
- Smooth stone
- Blue clay
And more, will provide more details soon.

If you do not have any of those resources, but still wish to help, we will have a fund to specifically buy the resources for the castle. You can send the money to the account: slokwar
All money going to that account will ONLY be used on the castle, and if there is any money left over, it will be used as prices in a big event after the construction of the castle is finished :heart:

I know this is a bit optimistic, and I am not sure of its success, but I hope this castle can become a reality and an opening for a more active Azerwind.

Pictures!!!
Castle pics.png

The armour stands are like these:

There are a lot of these all around the castle, and you will get to pick your own position for which armour stand you want named, if you want to (Otherwise I will find a spot :D )

Will add more to this thread if needed, not sure what I can do to make it more interesting :heart:

Donator list:
- None yet

Said they want to donate:
- Blorbis83
- Spooksy_

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I'll send over some oak and spruce logs- about say, 6 stacks?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
That ain't no castle, that's a manor, at best a chateau. Too few fortifications to be a castle.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
That ain't no castle, that's a manor, at best a chateau. Too few fortifications to be a castle.
I call it a castle, so a castle it is.

It is private, it is fortified, it houses a queen and king. Therefor, castle.
Let me have it, it covers the definitions of a castle, just cause it is not an impenetrable war structuce, does not make it not a castle.

Edit: Besides, we got a fair amount of castles where I come from, and not all look like the "usual" castle you imagine from a fairytale, but it is still a castle

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Just cause I call a horse a unicorn doesn't make it one. Chateau, or since it houses royals, a palace. It doesn't even look like it has gate fortifications.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Just cause I call a horse a unicorn doesn't make it one. Chateau, or since it houses royals, a palace. It doesn't even look like it has gate fortifications.
Is it really an issue if I do?
Just to end this pointless discussion, cause it seems we disagree on the definition of a castle here :)

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Hmmm-
A bit difficult to decipher, originally we used a lot of stonebrick and smoothstone inbetween walls to fortification, but since it is not gonna be seen, we have been replacing it with cobblestone, dirt and etc-

I know that quartz will be around 9600 blocks of normal quartz.
I will get back to you on that

Also Baron : Here is your gate ;)

Spooksy_

Lord of Altera
Legend
malaoka
malaoka
Legend
this looks hella, will see what i can donate when i get a more stable wifi connection

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
The grand basis of the castle is from a schematica found on the internet (I have lost the link tho)

But we have been spending months (I kid you not, months) changing both exterior and interior so it is something we can call our own :)

So yeah, not impossible that it rings a bell

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Working on some interior pictures, but for those curious:

(Realised I swapped them around at the bottom, but yeah- You get the idea)

The interior has probably been the hardest part, so coming up with some pictures of that.
Not sure what people think that this is partially from a schematic, but I am still impressed with the work put into it, and I am proud of it.

There has been spent a lot of time on this
Before after.png
Here is an example of the interior work ^

It is really difficult to show in pictures xD

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I don't know why you added a gate specifically to cater to someone who was saying it wasn't a castle. Who cares what someone else thinks, call it what you want.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I don't know why you added a gate specifically to cater to someone who was saying it wasn't a castle. Who cares what someone else thinks, call it what you want.
The gate was already there lol xD

Just wasn't seeable in the pictures

Last edited: