Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

A History of HollowWorld OOC Museum

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
The experience bottle trader was a secret, and only those who actually explored the map's roads and little roadside builds would find it. There were a few secrets out in the world like that. As far as I recall, only Naelwyn knew that the trader existed besides myself, because he was selling the potions at a 50% markup in Rota Magna (where everyone bought them, not knowing where else they could come from).

On the same map was a secret trader in the Port Silver lighthouse near the prison. He'd trade 9 diamond blocks and 3 wither skulls for a nether star. Besides the very few Withers that have been deployed in events, that merchant is the source of every nether star on the server, four years on.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
The experience bottle trader was a secret, and only those who actually explored the map's roads and little roadside builds would find it. There were a few secrets out in the world like that. As far as I recall, only Naelwyn knew that the trader existed besides myself, because he was selling the potions at a 50% markup in Rota Magna (where everyone bought them, not knowing where else they could come from).

On the same map was a secret trader in the Port Silver lighthouse near the prison. He'd trade 9 diamond blocks and 3 wither skulls for a nether star. Besides the very few Withers that have been deployed in events, that merchant is the source of every nether star on the server, four years on.
woah! That's information I'd put if the OOC Museum ever gets their hands on a netherstar!

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
woah! That's information I'd put if the OOC Museum ever gets their hands on a netherstar!
Due to that exact merchant and.. what some might call "Excessive" playtime on HW I've got.. ~50 Beacons/Nether Stars. If the lengthy process I'll have to go through to even casually pop back on goes through I'll give you one of each. (On loan - no selling em ;) )

Bottles were actually available even earlier than that - what nobody remembers is how I first made my initial fortune.

You see, long before Villagers were released I paid attention to the snapshots and I collected paper. Worthless worthless paper, available in the auction house at a pittance, collectable from a giiiant reed farm.

And I collected and collected paper.

And then villagers were released. And I waited and waited.

And then one villager offered 1 emerald for 17 sheafs of paper.

And later still one offered bottled exp back when it sold for thousands on the AH because it could only be obtained as a staff gift.

And thaat's what I sold.

Ahh, economic funtime. What nice memories to have brought up by coincidence.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A new item has been added, or actually, 12 new items :) Thanks to NIAH for providing this fun event!
upload_2017-12-28_22-10-20.png
upload_2017-12-28_22-4-16.png
upload_2017-12-28_22-5-24.png
upload_2017-12-28_22-6-32.png
upload_2017-12-28_22-7-37.png
upload_2017-12-28_22-8-44.png
upload_2017-12-28_22-9-12.png

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A new item has been added!
upload_2018-2-12_17-36-42.png
Thing is, I need some more info about this one:
When was it implemented and by who? And what is the prize-range you can get out of it? 1 radiant to 10000? I have no clue!

D

Dark Auras

A new item has been added!
View attachment 90452
Thing is, I need some more info about this one:
When was it implemented and by who? And what is the prize-range you can get out of it? 1 radiant to 10000? I have no clue!
Implemented a few months ago by me, you still get them for every 25 votes. Prize range between 700-2500r

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Big news! Thanks to the amazing Tiberione , all items are now safe and cannot be taken from the item frames in the ooc museum! Safe from theft!
Amazing : ) Amazing : )

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A new item has been added to the OOC Museum! :)
Stop by and read all about these interesting items and leave a note on a sign in the attic!
upload_2018-3-29_19-48-33.png
Waiting for a reply from Anti about the details before I'm putting up the museum book description :)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
That's either a Wooden block or a Leaf block, from before they were given types.

Originally, there was only one type of leaf. With newer editions of the game, they added more types (birch, spruce etc), and to differentiate them in the game code game them IDs. Oak is leaf:0, spruce is leaf:1, and so on. However, the default leaves were leaf:null, with no type at all. While the game supported the default for a while longer, it was eventually removed (with the switch to identifying by block IDs instead of hex data values), and so leaf:null became an item with no renderable texture, because there was no ID for it to point to the right place to render it. So it's given the default "missing texture" texture.

The same thing happened with the original Wooden items, before birch and spruce came into the game and created different types of wood.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
That's either a Wooden block or a Leaf block, from before they were given types.

Originally, there was only one type of leaf. With newer editions of the game, they added more types (birch, spruce etc), and to differentiate them in the game code game them IDs. Oak is leaf:0, spruce is leaf:1, and so on. However, the default leaves were leaf:null, with no type at all. While the game supported the default for a while longer, it was eventually removed (with the switch to identifying by block IDs instead of hex data values), and so leaf:null became an item with no renderable texture, because there was no ID for it to point to the right place to render it. So it's given the default "missing texture" texture.

The same thing happened with the original Wooden items, before birch and spruce came into the game and created different types of wood.
Can confirm that the block is an old wooden slab. You know- the ones that you couldn't get back by hitting because it was hard as stone? :p
My stupidity one day had it placed by when opening an iron door. Fortunately the server reset so I got it back. But Baron is 100% correct. It is an half-slab oak wooden block =)

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Yeah man I know everything
Finally, someone to answer my questions!
How many muscles does the Human body have?
Why are people left or right-handed?
What is the meaning of life?
What is love? (Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more)
Why do we yawn?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Finally, someone to answer my questions!
How many muscles does the Human body have?
Why are people left or right-handed?
What is the meaning of life?
What is love? (Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more)
Why do we yawn?
640 skeletal muscles,but over 5 million if you count microscopic ones like in our hair follicles.

We don't know, but it appears to be due to assymetries in our brains.

Chemicals.

Couple different reasons. Could be boredom, a mirror neuron reflex, because your body has slowed down breathing due to tiredness and wants oxygen, or to cool your head down a bit with the intake. Lots of different causes and theories.

I have a glitched leaf block too, btw.

I also have old endstone, from before it was allowed. and a couple enchanted things that are not supposed to be enchanted.

plus a lance, those were fun, remember those?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff

I also have old endstone, from before it was allowed. and a couple enchanted things that are not supposed to be enchanted.

Lemme tell you about Jousting sticks

Shao

Bring back angry react

I used to have one but it was in a chest on the old world

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron

Awesome! If you are willing to part with some of those items the museum would love to put them on display. Either as a donation or I'm also willing to pay you for it if you like. You'll get a museum-grattitude item with colored descriptive text for each item you donate to the museum of course :)