Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished OOC - The Rebuilding of Blackstone - Part I

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
First of all, sorry that I had to make a thread in the event section, but I need that [active now] tag.

As some of you already know, we decided to completely redesign our town and will print the new noble district down today, and possibly during some time tomorrow.
However this will probably come with minor to medium server lag as there will be several people using schematica to print stuff down, at the same time.

So what can you do to not get lag?

The only thing you can really do to reduce chances of getting lag is staying away from Blackstone until the printing is over.
We will try our utmost to reduce lag with our schematica settings, but there is no way we can 100% guarantee that there won't be any effects on the server.
Why am I making this an official announcement?
So people know about it and don't bother staff to restart the server.

How long will it take?
We aren't sure yet. its a rather large area where we also have to do some terraforming on the run, so likely today and maybe partly tomorrow for the big schematic.

Can't you do it another time?
Sadly no, because I need as many house members as possible on at the same time :/ - In the first place there is no guarantee that there will be any lag to begin with.
That being said, a lot of our house members have jobs that make it pretty much impossible to stay long enough to actually finish printing during the week (or just can't stay awake when coming home).

And before the big rage comes in, I want to note that others would have just done it without saying a word ;)

Tagging some staff members that are usually online, so they know.:

Solus
Elz
Niah
Lannis
Archbishop
Warwolf (you know anyway but xD)

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Since you're making an effort to rebuild will hawklight actually use it?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Since you're making an effort to rebuild will hawklight actually use it?
make an educated guess ;)
That being said the cathedral district has been used the entire time :D
Personally I consider this a house activity ;)

Last edited:

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
make an educated guess ;)
That being said the cathedral district has been used the entire time :D
Personally I consider this a house activity ;)
If i made an educated guess it'd not be what I'm hoping for, based on what I've been told. I'm expecting Hawklight to come back but i don't want to get my hopes up.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Two things pop into mind:
1.) schematica doesn't cause lag. At least not any more than normal block placement.

2.) why do you have to all be on at the same time if it's an agreed upon schematica? If you all have the same plans, then it shouldn't matter if everyone is one or not. No?

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Two things pop into mind:
1.) schematica doesn't cause lag. At least not any more than normal block placement.

2.) why do you have to all be on at the same time if it's an agreed upon schematica? If you all have the same plans, then it shouldn't matter if everyone is one or not. No?
ad1) yeah war told me that too a few mins ago - was mainly referring to the fast block placement here; Our delay settings made it so that not even we got lag though.

ad2) To be faster, and counter any possible schematica screw ups first. That being said its going faster than expected with far less screw ups than schematica usually does.
The main plan is to get it done today ;).
I saw really heavy schematica screw ups in the past. - I had differnt settings then though.

Fronslin

Based on what?
Retired Staff
Fronslin
Fronslin
Good
New district is pretty much done! Moving onto docks soon possibly, It's looking great! :)