Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming [OOG] Mount & Blade Warband (Floris Evolved) - Quest For Swadian Independance

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
This should be pretty fun but is going to require some prep work from those who wish to join in, so I'm giving ya all your prep details long in advance.

First - you will require Evolve
https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome
A service which will allow us to create a virtual LAN network for the purposes of Campaign Multiplayer.

Next up, the Modpack we will be using with support for Campaign Multiplayer

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6019/?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/floris-evolved

It comes packaged with the Warband Script extender and all the other goodies at a fixed version of the game where it all works. Floris Evolved is honestly a mediocre modpack (It's pretty poorly put together IMO) but it's either this or Vanilla when it comes to campaign MP.

Penultimate step, download the attached file and replace the one in the Modules directory for Floris with it. I fixed several erroneous entries myself and not having the matched file will cause you issues.

Lastly, generate a Level 1 character and export it and attach the export file here so I can make one of the companion NPCs match the build you want to use. (I can outright edit the troops file and bypass a lot of other work that way, it just means that afterwards I'll have to share the troops file with everybody.)

Our campaign goal will be preventing the otherwise inevitable death of Swadia. And if we get ill-treated by Harlaus (An eventual certainty) we'll prevent it's death by taking it over.

(Someone else has pointed out another more modern Modpack that seems to also work out for Campaign MP, and so I'll be testing that and if it works and feels good we'll probably ditch the floris part.)

Attachments

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
(Someone else has pointed out another more modern Modpack that seems to also work out for Campaign MP, and so I'll be testing that and if it works and feels good we'll probably ditch the floris part.)
I'm at the point in Warband where ditching Floris feels like ditching the base game

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm at the point in Warband where ditching Floris feels like ditching the base game
Yeah, me too. I can't play vanilla anymore. My problem is Floris Evolved is based off an old Floris thing so I expect it to have certain features and it doesn't, like the simple cow fix.

The other modset is recc'd by Rygan so I trust it's at least decent. Apparently we can attempt to reform the Byzantine empire.

Last edited:

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Consider me interested. If I can get it to work I'll give it a try.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
I don't like fantasy so Pendor doesn't appeal to me. Tried it, hated the setting.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I don't like fantasy so Pendor doesn't appeal to me. Tried it, hated the setting.
That's fair. Pendor is my favourite original setting and there was one for the original M&B was.. Sengoku Jidai Japan and the 50+ warring states that was really cool, which is why this many-factioned realistic one looks neat to me.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
S a bit more fantasy than the original one (which is also low-level fantasy).
It has the advantage of giving a lot more freedom, like Knight orders, Bandit factions and and :D

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
How do I find troop/companion files?
Hi there. I hope you find this useful because it took me 10 dang minutes to post it.

Ex: Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Native

- Every mod has it's troops defined in troops.txt. You can modify with notepad but you'll notice it's encoded. If you want to make simple edits to items or troops you'll want to look for a program called 'Morghs' (Morghs M&B Text editor). If you want to start modding yourself there's a lot more advice to give but I'll keep it to answering your question with a little bit extra.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Do we have any clue/estimate as to when this'll be happening?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
(Summary: I always try to test stuff to make sure it works well and I can give full instructions before hosting. In this case my typical tester has been having fun fighting NCR and Brotherhood for the week. I don't mind this, just means plans put back while I draft stuff.)

Other updates, while I'm able to post:
I've made 3 custom races with background lore and am progressing steadily on my Pathfinder project. It always takes longer than one expects. I know folks are looking forward to that so I update when I can. The draft setting contains more than twice the sum lore/quest material made for HW, so it's been a fun couple of weeks.