Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Oozlet's Whitelist application [Pending - Jinny]

Oozlet

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Oozlet

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
I currently live in the United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming, Knowing things that you yourself might know OOC but your character doesn't know IC. Like I might know that someone is hiding behind a plant OOC, but that doesn't mean I know it IC.
Powergaming, commanding that something happens instead of asking for something to happen. An example of power gaming is, "He draws his sword, and in one swift motion cleaves her in half, causing her to immediately die" This would be powergaming because you didn't give the other person any form of interaction in the scene. A better way to do a scene like this would be "He draws his sword, rushing at the woman, raising weapon above his head, he attempts to strike at her."

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Squidziod

8. Tell us about yourself!
I play quite a few video games. I currently have somewhere around 200 games on steam (Ik its sad). Huge fan of the Warcraft, Warhammer, and Elder Scrolls world. Other than video games I'm big into music. Listen to a lot of Rock. Favorite bands consist of Blur, Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters, Oasis and Pink Floyd. I also play a few instruments. I play guitar, drums, banjo, ukulele. Ik a little bit of piano but I'm not that good at it. I love drawing. I'm not the best but I've been getting pretty into it recently, mainly drawing either weird cartoons or basic portraits of people ( one of my favorites things to draw rn are orcs). I also have recently been getting into painting miniatures. I just finished my first batch of Warhammer Orcs. I love taking walks through the forest near my apartment, and I have a small interest in plants and biology.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

Some of my weird art...

cyclops_thing_by_soggybeanboi-dcazlp5.jpg

goblins_by_soggybeanboi-dcazlxp.jpgi_painted_some_savage_orcs_by_soggybeanboi-dcgbtx4.jpgorc_with_hammer_of_might_by_soggybeanboi-dcb8vrx.jpgorc_on_cliffside_by_soggybeanboi-dcazlkc.jpgorc_shaman_by_soggybeanboi-dcchzt6.jpg

As you can tell I like orcs and goblin type things.

10. How did you find our server?
I've always loved writing. I love creating stories about fantasy and characters going on these grand adventures, and I wanted to bring those stories more to life, and I thought a minecraft Rp server would be perfect for that, so I googled "Serious Minecraft fantasy RP server" and I found this.

Character Name:
Tor Coldtoof

Character Age:

Character Race:
Earthspawn (Eark)

Appearance:
A greenish grey skin tone.
Blueish grey eye color.
He has long, braided dark brown hair with a moderately sized beard.
Tor.PNG

Backstory to character, and test. (I know this isn't required but I thought it would be fun to write one)
Tor at a young age was fascinated by the forest. He loved the feeling of the grass between his toes, the chirping of the birds, the smell of the dirt, the softness of the moss on trees and rocks. Benok iz wokaz, child of trees, this is what Tors mother called him. She, in her early life, was an alchemist, but she gave up on it to marry Tors father, a seemingly reserved man, intimidating at first, but anyone who truly knew him knew he was of a kind heart. He frequently played jokes on Tor or his mother. Placing bugs on them as they rested, scaring them as they did their chores, that sort of thing. There was one game that Tor and his father played quite a bit. The rules of the game were that both players had to hold their hands out in front of themselves towards the other person and clench their fist. One of the two would have to hit the others knuckles with their own, while the other had to predict when the other would attempt to hit them, so they could pull away. If the defender pulled away quick enough it was than their turn to attempt to hit the other persons knuckles. The game would end when one of the players would yield. Tor enjoyed this game, even though it usually left him with injured knuckles he still enjoyed it. The rush of not knowing when you may have to avoid danger exhilarated Tor. The funny thing about it was that Tors father never went easy on Tor. He hit as hard as he could, no matter Tors age. The first time Tor and his father played this game, Tor was only 6. After eventually losing and getting hit on the knuckles, Tor began to cry and whale in pain. Such a small hand getting hit by such a small fist would obviously hurt. But afterwards Tors father came to speak with him. "I do not blame you for crying." Said his father, "For you are still young. But one day Tor, you will be able to endure the pain." This was all his father said to him that night. The adolescent parts of Tors life was mundane, working with his father chopping trees and foraging. Occasionally he would help the tribe they lived with hunt wild boar. But otherwise, Tor was content. He lived this life up until he was 27. When one day, Tor took a nap in the woods during one of his frequent walks, only to wake up to the feeling of rain on his face and the sound of roaring thunder. He could sense a warmth coming from nearby, he turned to see a monstrous forest fire. He had seen forest fires in his time but none as large as this. He could see half the mountainside aflame. He attempted to run home, but he had not clue where he was, the rain and the flames caused him to be sent into a state of complete panic. He just ran, ran until he reached the edge of the forest. He collapsed, he felt as if all his bones had dissolved all at once and there was nothing to hold him up. When he came to, he was on a wagon, picked up by a local farmer.
Written Test!
Tor: "Where am I?" Tor awoke in a wagon being pulled by a mule, behind the mule was a man riding the wagon. The man seemed to be middle aged, with a large hat, and an apple in his hand.
Farmer: "Yer 'n me wagon lad, saw you passed out there in the field thought you might need some help." He took a large bite from his apple "Ye looked half dead t' me." He chewed for a moment "Say, how'd you wind up in that field anyways?"
Tor: "A fire. I was running from this horrible fire."
Farmer: "Ooh yeah, me and my wife saw that while we were chasing crows from our crops." He chucked the apple core off to the side "Don't blame ya' for running. You musta' been running for quite a while for you to wind up in the shape I found you in."
Tor: "Where are we headed?" Tor began to sit up and look around
Farmer: "Just a village nearby. I was plannin' to sell some of me crops." He pointed to the large bags next to Tor, which seemed to be filled with cabbage and carrots.
Farmer: "You can take a carrot if ye' like, I got plenty to spare, and I'm sure you're quite hungry."
Tor reaches for a carrot and begins to eat it
Tor: "Thank you, friend."
Farmer: "Its no problem lad" He pauses and puts his hand on his hat "I can see the village in the distance, we'll be there in a jiffy."
Tor looks up over the farmer to see a small village sprawling with people.

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Attachments

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Hey! Your application is good but I hate to burst your bubble about this:

https://hollowworld.co.uk/forums/legacy-race-archive.402/

You're not able to play an Earthspawn character. If you really wish to, I'd message Kamaoe and Solus to see if you can, however, it is unlikely as they are a Legacy race, meaning, they're not able to be chosen off the bat, but are approved from a previous time.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to message me or another mentor regarding my decision.