Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Open Letter] Undead Bites

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
A letter would arrive at Grafgell:

To those who deal with the Touch of Skraag,

I, Dum'ni Plug of the Guardians of Immortality do wish to extend to you a greeting and a mutual concern over the state of your patient. I would seek out an audience with any of you with sufficient knowledge of the patients condition to discuss it's development.

D

Magiik

Lord of Altera
A sixth letter is sent out to all the recipients of the previous letters.
This is an update on Skraag's Touch. Both of my patients have begun to recover. I do not know if this is due to the disease being non-lethal, the work of myself and the others here in Grafjell, or the patients being lucky or blessed. To those that have been bitten, take this as good news. You can survive this.
They are still weak, and will likely remain so for a while, but they are stronger than they were yesterday.
Expect more information soon, including a complete list of symptoms and what was done to treat them.
Stay safe and may the gods be with you,
Ater Impes, Physician

OOC:
AND IT IS DONE! We've reached the end of it! Congrats to the people who are just now able to move their characters around again! And to those who have just recently been bitten, I hope you have fun! This was definitely an interesting ride. Brought about a good deal of development for everyone involved on my end, though it seems like it won't be over soon.

Magiik

Lord of Altera
A seventh and final letter is sent out to all the recipients plus the Crossroads.
Many have been asking for instructions to follow or the composition of the treatment. The exact mixture is unknown to me, though is being distributed with instructions by Duchess Lillium of Stavroforia. Should you find yourself in need of some, it is recommended that you contact her.
Should you become bitten, have someone clean the wound for you and prepare for either infection or illness. You should know soon after being bitten if you have contracted this illness. If you have not, continue to clean the wound and change bandages regularly until it has closed.
The symptoms include nausea, fever, sensitivity to light, headaches, a rash, bleeding from the nose, ears, eyes, and mouth, deliria, and shortness of breath, spread out over the course of the illness. The mixture provided by Duchess Lillium is able to deal with most of the symptoms. It is recommended to cover the patient's eyes, possibly with a wet rag over the forehead as well to reduce risk of the fever getting worse. Keeping the patient fed is of the utmost importance, and they should be given water regularly.
For the bleeding, one of my patients was given a regeneration potion and another was not. Both have since recovered. It is unknown whether or not the potion made any significant difference. It is recommended that a regeneration potion not be used, due to it being taxing on the body.
Further questions should be sent to myself in Grafjell. I should be able to travel soon in the case that there are individuals incapable of moving.
Stay safe and may the gods be with you,
Ater Impes, Physician

OOC:
I was going to send this last night, but I fell asleep. Basically, this is the last of the public letters unless something groundbreaking happens. This was fun.