Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Open Offer: Organizing people to fix up spawn

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
This is a very time-limited thing.

1) There seems to be a desire to fix up spawn
2) I anticipated this quite a ways back, had events ready to sortof bring it along, had Som's approval for the event ideas, whole shebang, really. Don't necessarily need those.
3) I have a /ready-to-go/ design for an engaging spawn to help keep new players.

I'd be willing to organize the builders left that are willing to work on design elements, then the job for someone on staff is restricted to merely pasting stuff in and terraforming it to look nice.

I can only present this offer as-is for a limited time frame and then I'm out and it lapses, take it or leave it. Let me know.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
I'd be /very/ willing to help design a new spawn.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I am not quite decent at architecture, but planning layouts I'd be decent at.
We actually have a full layout already plotted, as well as building phases and plausible events that would trigger them to happen.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
We actually have a full layout already plotted, as well as building phases and plausible events that would trigger them to happen.
Ah, event things I can feasibly help with if required. Otherwise I look forward to seeing the outcome.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Tempy_ darling we could do this right?

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I can do very little while I can't get in game. But I'm glad to see so many have already shown interest. c:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
SorrowsLargeMarketSpace.PNG

Large market square, goes in next to the cathedral, logistically reachable easily by road and docks, next to farms supplying tradeables.

Open large market square to player stalls ala Daggerfall, old-old PS.

SorrowsMountains.PNG

Undermountain, can have some areas devoted to metalsmithing, a mine, a quarry, things to make it feel lived in, also next to the marketplace area. Roads for navigation.

SorrowsRoad1.PNG

Full mountain road heading in to the city.

SorrowsSlopes.PNG

Slopes, room for orchards, vinyards, and a park.

SorrowsTownWorkPt1.PNG

Chop down trees, expand docks to allow for possible port network, and to make the trade city feel more trade-y.

SorrowsTownWorkPt2.PNG

Break the oddly symmetric circle into city blocks, room for a large number of shops and housing.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Design intended to create separate RP zones. wherein the RP range from one zone won't bleed over into another zone, allowing a higher number of people to use the spawn area for different RPs without having to shout over each other.

Space used is wider than would strictly be necessary, with nature spaces, farms, roads, and tunnels a slight distance between RP points to help keep chatter broken up.

Add a internal horse or cart fast travel system between distant points.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Only other design theory I can recall

"A Spawn City is a draw for new players. It is a chance to showcase the best buildwork we can make, the best RP we can showcase, the best of what we have. If folks are coming in, alone, to a bar in the middle of nowhere, next to a destroyed /former/ amazing build, they have to wonder what they've walked into."

If you folks are interested lets put our best foot forward on getting a design wrapped up.

The above design notes interest you?

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
I dug these up in staff today. You have my support. I'll need to advocate with the Build Crew to do so.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
I love the layout of the city and I believe this will allow any character a free environment to Roleplay in with enough space so that factions or people will have to try hard to find them in.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
my only problem with this is that it'll have so much that new players won't be enticed to go to towns or anything, they'll all want to stay at spawn.

Tempy_

Insert Custom Title here
Tempy_
Tempy_
I would be happy to help with designing layouts, structures, squares and you name it, and building such aswell, in full cooperation with whatever build team staff officially has.

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
my only problem with this is that it'll have so much that new players won't be enticed to go to towns or anything, they'll all want to stay at spawn.
That is why there should be something where people promote towns with posters, have boats on the docks ready to take them to that town, or even have special services that aren't exactly given at the spawn town.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
It's nice to see the Sorrows Town being involved. It looks as if the Crossroads could act as the 'edge-of-town tavern' as well, which I quite like. Like a stop-off point for large caravans/wagons that won't actually go straight into the city. The only thing I don't like is the city blocks part, because (like in Tambry) it messes with my medieval aesthetic. Cities weren't planned out and built as a city in medieval times, which is why old towns and cities have a wonderful, sprawling nature to how the streets winds around hills and criss-cross with alleys. Typically they start off as farmsteads and evolve into hamlets, villages, towns, and then their borders bump into the neighboring towns, and they all merge into a city.

Granted, if the characters involved in this are drawing up plans for a large settlement, then it would make sense to have the city block design, but it still looks really off and naff for medieval builds, imo.