Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Organization] Blackscalpel Kriegsmarine

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Isn't obsidian relatively useless when it comes to weaponry ..
It's not meant to last long in this setup as far as I'm aware

Edit:
Sniped
It's sharp but it's basically a one-off in the context of it's use case.

You don't use obsidian on fleshy humies, you use it on daft watery bints, trolls, ghasts, other things that regenerate or self-cast magic, etc.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
I've literally heard nothing about Hawklight in the news and didn't know you happened to make a city with that name. Fair's fair, you've got a published thing with that name before I published this. I'll pick some other obsidian-referential name, no issues there.

Give me a tic to ponder though.

I'll probably brainstorm among the brass and ask em which replacement name they happen to like.

In the interim, in accordance with it's intended use-case, it's currently going to be Blackscalpel or a suitable translation of it if someone is willing to provide it.
Awesome! Yeah we're still building the city so it's a bit like HR I guess... Anyway how about dragonglass ;)

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Obsidian fractures via knapping to make /ridiculously/ sharp implements but they don't hold that edge.

See:
for an example.

A sword is a no for obsidian, but not a spearhead, hook, or dagger. If it's small and stabs/slashes it works okay.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Just look at how they used dragonglass in GoT
A chunk as a dagger? Sure
A piece as a hammer? Why not
Sharp chunk as an axe? Go for it
Sword made out of obsidian? Gitout

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Obsidian fractures via knapping to make /ridiculously/ sharp implements but they don't hold that edge.

See:
for an example.

A sword is a no for obsidian, but not a spearhead, hook, or dagger. If it's small and stabs/slashes it works okay.
Yup. That's what I meant by Aztec sword. Though I think more cultures than just Aztecs used them.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hello. I appreciate your sudden spark of interest in the server, but it seems like the whole of staff, especially Lore, is not aware of what you're setting up to do. You'll have to get this 'currently approved'. Long ago approved doesn't do us any good when the people who approved you are no longer in Staff. There is also no record of this in the staff forums. Please go through the proper channels, as is the standard for every player on this server. I'd also request you to get yourself whitelisted again, and your legacy character approved as was the intention last year before you continue playing him with magic again.

Thanks

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Hello. I appreciate your sudden spark of interest in the server, but it seems like the whole of staff, especially Lore, is not aware of what you're setting up to do. You'll have to get this 'currently approved'. Long ago approved doesn't do us any good when the people who approved you are no longer in Staff. There is also no record of this in the staff forums. Please go through the proper channels, as is the standard for every player on this server. I'd also request you to get yourself whitelisted again, and your legacy character approved as was the intention last year before you continue playing him with magic again.

Thanks
I've expressed multiple times a desire to work further with people to no avail or even /response/. There are around 10 people right now considering coming back for this, and it's been up for half a day.

So here's my sincere question - Do you plan on smothering this spark of player interest in what you folks are doing in the cradle, or are you actually interested in working with me? One leads to lots of talking, the other leads to me dismissing it as a fruitless exercise. I am more than prepared to work with folks but I have to percieve at least a /chance/ things work for it to be worth the effort.

I'm going to continue to post things publicly because it's public interest I want, and public demand for the interesting things planned.

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
I think if you mention golems and approved plots from times before I at least was ever staff then it will need to be approved by events/lore anyway - I have no idea what the stuff you bring up is, and I'm event staff. Maybe not co-ordinator but still. I assure you a response will be given as it's essentially an event proposal of some sort, if you include a couple folks.

Scardrac

Felsummer

Thanks
There isn’t much of record in staff anyway. I think that isn’t a fair reason to go against this.

Youre getting: a higher standard of roleplay, 10 or more experienced roleplayers potentially returning, as well as exploration of lore, something we have a lack of.

Denying this would show nothing.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Naelwyn You posted at 1am in the morning for me and I'm currently at work. I'm not sure what you're expecting, but I'm not here to cater to one player or group that's decided to come back, disregarding the current playerbase and Lore. Staff would appreciated some respect to the effort they put into this place with a standard to make it welcoming and fun for all. I'm not saying no, here. Understand that before jumping to conclusion, I'm requesting you go through proper channels if you want this, first.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I think if you mention golems and approved plots from times before I at least was ever staff then it will need to be approved by events/lore anyway - I have no idea what the stuff you bring up is, and I'm event staff. Maybe not co-ordinator but still. I assure you a response will be given as it's essentially an event proposal of some sort, if you include a couple folks.
I'd be happy to work with you Elz. What is your preferred dynamic medium to converse about it in? Skype? Discord? Something else?

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I can at least vouch for knowing about this concept existing, loosely, at least two years back. Thinking that staff working with Naelwyn on this one would be a lot more fun and interesting than slamming him for finding a reason to run his own pre-planned events. +1 to Scardrac

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
A forum conversation with a few people involved, Lannis and Arch specifically as co-ordinators.

Note; before people start shitting on solus/staff for 'denying' it, its an idea that the majority of staff seem to have no idea about. It's not about purposely rejecting something to spite players or ruin the fun of something, but if there's nothing in current lore about golem-things(multiples?) then there's no way for it to be moderated by event staff or lore. That's just the way things go, everyone who's wanted an event not 'bandits attack' and has some kind of additional weirdness to it has gone through event staff for approval - At least in my event staff times here.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn You posted at 1am in the morning for me and I'm currently at work. I'm not sure what you're expecting, but I'm not here to cater to one player or group that's decided to come back, disregarding the current playerbase and Lore. Staff would appreciated some respect to the effort they put into this place with a standard to make it welcoming and fun for all. I'm not saying no, here. Understand that before jumping to conclusion, I'm requesting you go through proper channels if you want this, first.
...I am, as you can see, open to and currently in the process of doing that? Otherwise I have been cultivating interest and hype in the current event chain by teasing things.

Maybe relax and actually wait a sec before biting my head off, please?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
...I am, as you can see, open to and currently in the process of doing that? Otherwise I have been cultivating interest and hype in the current event chain by teasing things.

Maybe relax and actually wait a sec before biting my head off, please?
Pardon. You've accused me of smothering your event, and so I replied.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
A forum conversation with a few people involved, Lannis and Arch specifically as co-ordinators.
I'm sorry, that's... not a dynamic conversation medium - I would strongly /prefer/ something dynamic. I want to be able to actively work with and converse with folks in a rapid manner and I'm not sure what a forum conversation would achieve to that end. I will nonetheless start one with... reduced expectations, in my attempt to work fully in your envelope.

Edit 1:
The forum PM thing is up, awaiting further discourse, as of now.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Now, in order to keep a general feeling of optimism and forward progression, I'm going to continue teasing, hyping up and otherwise sharing neat plan segments here publically, because I've enjoyed the community response and dialogue it generates.

Because it seems to be necessary,
@Staff "No, I don't think this is guaranteed to be approved, clearly."

But I shall continue to drum up interest and enthusiasm and optimism regardless.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
Now, in order to keep a general feeling of optimism and forward progression, I'm going to continue teasing, hyping up and otherwise sharing neat plan segments here publically, because I've enjoyed the community response and dialogue it generates.

Because it seems to be necessary,
@Staff "No, I don't think this is guaranteed to be approved, clearly."

But I shall continue to drum up interest and enthusiasm and optimism regardless.
Or you know, you could follow the rules and stop acting like you're above all.