Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Organization] Blackscalpel Kriegsmarine

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Since you want everything public I'll also go ahead and say that timezones and business are a thing. If there's no reply in the next few hours that's because Arch and Lannis aren't here yet - And that's not because you're being ignored.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Or you know, you could follow the rules and stop acting like you're above all.
Am... I not allowed to spitball? Is that a forum rule? I don't recall it being one. I am going to keep trucking on regardless of this particular piece of negativity.

D

Dark Auras

Now, in order to keep a general feeling of optimism and forward progression, I'm going to continue teasing, hyping up and otherwise sharing neat plan segments here publically, because I've enjoyed the community response and dialogue it generates.

Because it seems to be necessary,
@Staff "No, I don't think this is guaranteed to be approved, clearly."

But I shall continue to drum up interest and enthusiasm and optimism regardless.
To me - This looks like an attempt to gather public support to force staffs hand in something they may or may not want to do. I don't understand why you cant go through the proper channels and gain approval, and then continue to tease the event. Surely you've been on these forums long enough that gaining approval before posting these threads was something doable, I don't understand why you don't follow those avenues.

Playing pushy politics isn't the answer to getting the result you want from the staff/lore team.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Blackscalpel Fronteliner:

This inferior-quality specimen appears to be made of much more roughly forged armor. They carry single instances of basic weapons - axes, spears, swords.

Each Fronteliner is a soulless construct given a minor spark of the intellect of Archaeus Fronte, with care given only to ensure they are an absolute match vocally. Designed primarily as cannon fodder and petards, it is unpredictable whether or not any given Fronteliner contains a toxic or explosive payload.

The product of a mind desiring watching the death of such a being over and over again, while having a synergistic psychological demoralizing toll on those they manage to defeat.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
To me - This looks like an attempt to gather public support to force staffs hand in something they may or may not want to do. I don't understand why you cant go through the proper channels and gain approval, and then continue to tease the event. Surely you've been on these forums long enough that gaining approval before posting these threads was something doable, I don't understand why you don't follow those avenues.

Playing pushy politics isn't the answer to getting the result you want from the staff/lore team.
...Is it so unbelievable to you folks that I was merely struck with a bunch of enthusiasm at seeing the staff finally go in the same direction my character always planned to go and thence immediately started to hype the events chain?

Is that such an alien branch of thought to you? That someone had some spontaneous optimism and creativity and wanted to drum up interest in what was already happening?

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover
Am... I not allowed to spitball? Is that a forum rule? I don't recall it being one. I am going to keep trucking on regardless of this particular piece of negativity.
Solus merely told you what the situation is and what you need to do before pressing on. Elz was even willing to work things out.
Yet some of those earlier responses of yours really lack any co-operative intention for someone who wants to do this large sort of event.
No one's smothering your ideas or fun, you simply have to deal with the things that any player gone off the server itself for a long while has to.

D

Dark Auras

...Is it so unbelievable to you folks that I was merely struck with a bunch of enthusiasm at seeing the staff finally go in the same direction my character always planned to go and thence immediately started to hype the events chain?
While that may be the case, I would imagine you would have time to consult the lore team/staff team before hand and get things approved. I understand having a stroke of enthusiasm, but taking it directly to the public without checking with the lore team is not the way to do it. To me it looks like you are trying to gain public support to force the hand of the lore team, and I assure you that holding a gun to someones head is not the way to get things done.

I'm sure your event chain is going to go on for a while, its not that you needed to post this now, you just did it so you can force a response in your favor. And that's not the way to go about things.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Half the people I'd want to involve in this don't play here anymore. As such I make this thread, I drum up interest and I can point to it (And have pointed to it) and say, "Look here, folks seem to be interested" and thence get folks interested in the event.

I had already taken it to folks to have it approved.
Stop making me responsible for the staff team's lack of record keeping and succession planning. This is not intended to force you to do anything. I took this to events folks and lore folks on three separate occasions and if nobody has records of it that's not my fault, is it?

I am already talking with the events and lorefolks and going through that process again so leave off it.

Scardrac

Felsummer
You can understand the guy when your lore and staff team try and act responsible by saying they work with their history, not erasing it. I don’t think you guys understand the reason behind the staff response. You don’t deny your food if it isn’t on a silver platter unless you’re the type that doesn’t deserve the food. Make sense? This guy is offering you the best thing this server has had in a while, and telling him first that he is being manipulative, and that he has to go through the right “channels” (which are known to be dry, I think we can agree), he is bound to feel bad. If you truly “understand”, then give the guy some hope, because you know about how he feels about how things get done around here. You could’ve given him some relief by having your server owner at least say she liked the idea before putting it in the bottomless “staff to do list”.

Acting all regime doesn’t make your camp any bigger or better.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
You can understand the guy when your lore and staff team try and act responsible by saying they work with their history, not erasing it. I don’t think you guys understand the reason behind the staff response. You don’t deny your food if it isn’t on a silver platter unless you’re the type that doesn’t deserve the food. Make sense? This guy is offering you the best thing this server has had in a while, and telling him first that he is being manipulative, and that he has to go through the right “channels” (which are known to be dry, I think we can agree), he is bound to feel bad. If you truly “understand”, then give the guy some hope, because you know about how he feels about how things get done around here. You could’ve given him some relief by having your server owner at least say she liked the idea before putting it in the bottomless “staff to do list”.

What makes this any more of a priority than anything else, absolutely nothing.

Staff isn't playing favorites, i don't think that's how HW is run anymore.

RagingLunacy

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
Hollicynthea
Hollicynthea
Lover

Except once again, it's all a matter of someone did a thing and staff told said person that they need do to another thing or few first. It's really not that hard to understand, just stuff that any player in the same situation has to do really.

D

Dark Auras

Half the people I'd want to involve in this don't play here anymore. As such I make this thread, I drum up interest and I can point to it (And have pointed to it) and say, "Look here, folks seem to be interested" and thence get folks interested in the event.

I had already taken it to folks to have it approved.
Stop making me responsible for the staff team's lack of record keeping and succession planning. This is not intended to force you to do anything. I took this to events folks and lore folks on three separate occasions and if nobody has records of it that's not my fault, is it?

I am already talking with the events and lorefolks and going through that process again so leave off it.
I am happy that you are discussing this with the lore team now, I just think that your continued "I'm going to do this irregardless of what is happening in the background, to drum up public support for something that may or may not be approved". I understand from your first post that something years ago may of been approved but that is so far now in the past, and no records exist that can be found, that it needs to be reevaluated in the current state of lore.

I'd like to start by saying that calling Naelwyn out for using public interest to manipulate a decision is not an attempt to discourage him or make him feel bad. But the fact is that others go through proper channels before creating events and hyping a piece of lore that may or may not be approved. The issue here isn't that the lore isn't correct, that it isn't going to happen, etc, because that isn't decided yet and there is now communication to correct this. But he is continuing to hype this in a way that is seen as being pushy, using public support to drive a lore approval on something that's still in the pipeline.

If an unreasonable amount of time goes by without response from the lore team, then we can talk about dry channels and bottomless "staff to do list"s. But to continue to hype this after we've told you we're willing to work with you instead of quietly accepting that and working through it before continuing it is not the way to go about things.

Scardrac

Felsummer
Except once again, it's all a matter of someone did a thing and staff told said person that they need do to another thing or few first. It's really not that hard to understand, just stuff that any player in the same situation has to do really.
Forum convos that go months without responses, questions unanswered, disorganized, and messy. With this last server event, add incompetence to the list. God forbid someone provides something with substance and expects it to go well on a server that is lacking.

What makes this any more of a priority than anything else, absolutely nothing.

Staff isn't playing favorites, i don't think that's how HW is run anymore.
It’s a priority because it is a step up from the stuff that goes on around here. Things are lackluster. Everything was a lot more fun when this guy comes around. And beleive me, you’d be wrong to assume staff is running at a clean 0% favoritism.

Scardrac

Felsummer
I am happy that you are discussing this with the lore team now, I just think that your continued "I'm going to do this irregardless of what is happening in the background, to drum up public support for something that may or may not be approved". I understand from your first post that something years ago may of been approved but that is so far now in the past, and no records exist that can be found, that it needs to be reevaluated in the current state of lore.

I'd like to start by saying that calling Naelwyn out for using public interest to manipulate a decision is not an attempt to discourage him or make him feel bad. But the fact is that others go through proper channels before creating events and hyping a piece of lore that may or may not be approved. The issue here isn't that the lore isn't correct, that it isn't going to happen, etc, because that isn't decided yet and there is now communication to correct this. But he is continuing to hype this in a way that is seen as being pushy, using public support to drive a lore approval on something that's still in the pipeline.

If an unreasonable amount of time goes by without response from the lore team, then we can talk about dry channels and bottomless "staff to do list"s. But to continue to hype this after we've told you we're willing to work with you instead of quietly accepting that and working through it before continuing it is not the way to go about things.
You prefer months between server events and “wait and see” posts to be your preferred method of hype? I’ve seen the process of getting things approved, and there is a whole lot of stuff turned down because it was a good idea from someone else, or it involves something cool that doesn’t usually happen that gets turned down because players might feel bad if one player got glowing mushrooms and the other doesn’t.

What I (NOT Naelwyn) am saying is that the system isn’t the best and this had a very good chance to end up flopping.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
I don't think anyone can argue that forming staff convos before making anything publicly known doesn't always work.

Read: My campaign proposal that I'd intend to run myself that was submitted on July 4th hasn't been given a single reply after two bumps. Who's to say the same thing wouldn't happen to Naelwyn's without a little pressure to actually handle it?

Also

♤ [Quest Added] The House Always Wins, III

□ Travel to Naelwyn's bunker and use the platinum chip to wake up his securitron army.

D

Dark Auras

You prefer months between server events and “wait and see” posts to be your preferred method of hype? I’ve seen the process of getting things approved, and there is a whole lot of stuff turned down because it was a good idea from someone else, or it involves something cool that doesn’t usually happen that gets turned down because players might feel bad if one player got glowing mushrooms and the other doesn’t.

What I (NOT Naelwyn) am saying is that the system isn’t the best and this had a very good chance to end up flopping.
We have a new Lore Coordinator as of a few weeks ago. Surely the system hasn't had enough time with Archbishop at the helm to properly judge how things will be under his leadership.

A "Wait and see" method for this specific piece of lore is appropriate. If nothing happens in a couple weeks, come back to it and bring that up. But right now you're running off of past assumptions and not current systems/leadership. Atleast give them a chance to look it over before the event continues to get hyped.

Scardrac

Felsummer
We have a new Lore Coordinator as of a few weeks ago. Surely the system hasn't had enough time with Archbishop at the helm to properly judge how things will be under his leadership.

A "Wait and see" method for this specific piece of lore is appropriate. If nothing happens in a couple weeks, come back to it and bring that up. But right now you're running off of past assumptions and not current systems/leadership. Atleast give them a chance to look it over before the event continues to get hyped.
My “wait and see” comment was me further calling out yesterday’s (current systems) event where there was zero hype beyond a literal “wait and see” (or in this case “wait to listen”), wherin I firmly believe the event should have been packed with content if the hype and leadup was lacking. This? This has both.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Glados, Scardrac - I haven't spoken with either of you in advance of this yes? You're both sortof spontaneously interested.

I maintain my goal of "I'm going to actually try to work with people in a positive fashion one last time." I'd like to ask you, if for nothing else than my personal stake, to take a chill for a second. I know you both had your own ambitious plans that went nowhere and I'm sorry about that, but the reactions here are not helping.

I, too, got snippy, but frankly when you accuse people of being manipulatory when they were excited to do something that tends to dampen their mood.

So calm.

This was a preview of one singular element of a campaign I have planned for longer than any of the people currently on the staff team naysaying it were staff at all. This little number was just a "Way for people to get deeply involved without risking their personal characters" means of improving the event experience for a number of folks, it just happened to have a really cool thing going for it and it's what I chose to build interest. It could be denied utterly alongside 10 other things and I'd /still/ have a viable campaign.

So relaxsu.

I needed to gauge interest and get people willing to work as NPCs and event help and whatnot /long/ before I was able to approach staff because, get this, I recognize the fact that they are currently busy and wanted to be capable of handling as much of things myself as possible.