Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Organization] Blackscalpel Kriegsmarine

Scardrac

Felsummer
Glados, Scardrac - I haven't spoken with either of you in advance of this yes? You're both sortof spontaneously interested.

I maintain my goal of "I'm going to actually try to work with people in a positive fashion one last time." I'd like to ask you, if for nothing else than my personal stake, to take a chill for a second. I know you both had your own ambitious plans that went nowhere and I'm sorry about that, but the reactions here are not helping.

I, too, got snippy, but frankly when you accuse people of being manipulatory when they were excited to do something that tends to dampen their mood.

So calm.

This was a preview of one singular element of a campaign I have planned for longer than any of the people currently on the staff team naysaying it were staff at all. This little number was just a "Way for people to get deeply involved without risking their personal characters" means of improving the event experience for a number of folks, it just happened to have a really cool thing going for it and it's what I chose to build interest. It could be denied utterly alongside 10 other things and I'd /still/ have a viable campaign.

So relaxsu.

I needed to gauge interest and get people willing to work as NPCs and event help and whatnot /long/ before I was able to approach staff because, get this, I recognize the fact that they are currently busy and wanted to be capable of handling as much of things myself as possible.
I’ll calm.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I'm still at work, so I shall be brief. (And on my phone, forgive my spelling/grammar SVP)

I am not, persay, against this.
In fact, I am happy and excited that folks want to progress with the campaign and work on making it their own. I am not even, necessarily, against the use of the golems or the return of higher fantasy. I do, however, bemoan and begrudge that much of this server's lore, from the beginning up to now is what I like to call 'common law lore,' or more affectionately, 'shadow lore.' These are the things that were talked about or approved via Skype or PMs and never written down. No lore coordinator has been or is immune to this. But it does take us aback when we have absolutely zero knowledge about something. I sometimes wish I could still talk to Cherry. I do talk to Som fairly often.

Regardless, if such an agreement was made with Som and Cherry, I would not necessarily stand in the way of it, but would still prefer a simple message beforehand. I find Skype is the most effective way to contact me as I'm always connected (even if I work). Even contacting events would be helpful.

Regardless, if you could send me everything you have, again by Skype, I will respond. I just want to be caught up in case anything is needed going forward.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I'm still at work, so I shall be brief. (And on my phone, forgive my spelling/grammar SVP)

I am not, persay, against this.
In fact, I am happy and excited that folks want to progress with the campaign and work on making it their own. I am not even, necessarily, against the use of the golems or the return of higher fantasy. I do, however, bemoan and begrudge that much of this server's lore, from the beginning up to now is what I like to call 'common law lore,' or more affectionately, 'shadow lore.' These are the things that were talked about or approved via Skype or PMs and never written down. No lore coordinator has been or is immune to this. But it does take us aback when we have absolutely zero knowledge about something. I sometimes wish I could still talk to Cherry. I do talk to Som fairly often.

Regardless, if such an agreement was made with Som and Cherry, I would not necessarily stand in the way of it, but would still prefer a simple message beforehand. I find Skype is the most effective way to contact me as I'm always connected (even if I work). Even contacting events would be helpful.

Regardless, if you could send me everything you have, again by Skype, I will respond. I just want to be caught up in case anything is needed going forward.
I'll need you to send me Skype contact details.

I'd have merrily sent /everybody relevant/ some heads-ups on Skype, but one can make a very rational presumption that when they are hard blocked on an IM service, the principals of the blocking no longer wish for you to contact them in such fashion.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I'll need you to send me Skype contact details.

I'd have merrily sent /everybody relevant/ some heads-ups on Skype, but one can make a very rational presumption that when they are hard blocked on an IM service, the principals of the blocking no longer wish for you to contact them in such fashion.
I suppose I thought we were added to each other, but looking back it may have been just that Mich added us both to a conversation. I remember it being about those dwarves in the desert to the south, around 2 years ago.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I suppose I thought we were added to each other, but looking back it may have been just that Mich added us both to a conversation. I remember it being about those dwarves in the desert to the south, around 2 years ago.
If you're still interested in it feel free to add it to the PM conversation thingy and I'll message you there.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I just wanna say I agree with RagingLunacy and Tiberione. You won't get anywhere if you're (for lack of better wording) sassing staff. It'd be better to work with Solus and the gang, not immediately disagree or tell how you're right and they're wrong. This is most probably going to be a compromise- staff will be ok with some things, and would rather let other other things rest in the past. As such, working with them and not against them is crucial.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Alright folks, I am talking with Nael and we're working on this as a process. No more haranguing.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Alright folks, I am talking with Nael and we're working on this as a process. No more haranguing.
Scardrac Glados Am confirming that we're talking, and that it feels good to talk with someone in this way. I know both of you don't have a tremendous amount of faith in the process but it's going at least decent so far, and I felt it important to say so.

I am so far quite happy talking with folks and am glad more moderate folks' actions shined through. There's just frank discussion.

Wanted to say this because it's important to give people credit and praise when they do praiseworthy work, as I always have. Elz, Arch, thanks for not biting off my head.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I feel like I should know what this is, but I don't.
Naelwyn Depending on what date it is, I would not be against doing an NPC, just so the offer is there.

It is a flaky assistance I am offering, but the interest is there nonetheless :)

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
I feel like I should know what this is, but I don't.
Naelwyn Depending on what date it is, I would not be against doing an NPC, just so the offer is there.

It is a flaky assistance I am offering, but the interest is there nonetheless :)

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
At the risk of getting notifications I'm not real keen on, I will say that I had assured Nael his character would be maintained, and I wouldn't redact his development. As he wasn't really in the "legacy" bucket at that time, he didn't need documentation. I will also say he probably has as much as any of the others... He and I had spoken casually about this campaign before I left the server, and while I did not receive spoilery details, I knew there would be some thaumy things. Just so we can establish that this was probably my fault, not Nael's. Even when he and I were most at odds I was in favor of this campaign, if that helps.

The intent had been (but clearly was not perpetuated when I bailed - not accusing anyone just trying to clear some muddy waters) to keep Thaum as a unifying principle in the lore but not propagate it. Something I think Nael was amenable to, but again, was not really continued once I left for reasons I don't want to get into. I don't think they would have been kept even if I had stayed, but again, I don't want to get into it.

I'll try and find convos and such to this effect but um... it could take me a while. I'll also see if I can get whatever progress was made on lore-as-it-was that Cherry had started for staff's use. I don't know how long that will take; communication on that front is patchy.

Solus Archbishop Elz ?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Updates:

Productive, thoughtful, and mature conversation had with Arch. Most likely a good bit of talking still to go with Lore - we still need to get an understanding of the Events perspective and some other things.

Will keep folks posted.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Some more folks have PMed me about their interest in things. I will continue to write you update posts periodically, because your interest is important to us.

Have not had the chance to speak with anyone on a lengthier basis since last. Arch has communicated about being busy with work, and because we're communicating, things are well.
Have not heard from Elz in a bit and don't know what's up but I presume life in general. Have not heard from Lannis at all.

Ultimately more conversation needs to happen with Lore than events, but we still do need to hear from events in some official capacity as much depends upon whether or not numerous ideas would be of benefit and use to the vision and direction of the story.

For those waiting eagerly - I anticipate this whole process will be on the order of ~weeks, not days.

Further, in the interests of communication, I anticipate moving some time in November as part of furthered opportunities, and that does ultimately set a harder deadline on having things resolved one way or another.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
Not sure there's more I can say in the conversation as it stands. I know you and Arch have discussed on skype at length (he mentioned three hours but i doubt thats 3 hours of things entirely relevant) - But that's conversation I'm not privvy to and have no input on. As I am not event co-ordinator I cannot give a yes or no on it anyway, and so I'm waiting for more discussion to pass by until I'm in a place where I'm needed for something. Not sure what else to say there, but I'll post it here since it's all about keeping the players updated.

Last edited:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
For all the folks I don't otherwise speak to on a regular basis (Inc the folks that have PM'ed me):

Nothing new to report. No conversations with anybody occurred during the past week. 3 Separate staff members, on their own taking initiative, offered to try and contact Lannis. None have gotten back to me since. That remains the 'Critical Path' to continuance.

Updates of 'Nothing new to report' will continue on a weekly basis until either something new exists to report, or until I finalize moving, after which I will probably reclaim the time I specifically reserved for this.