Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Organized Town Raids Interest Check

Are you interested in getting yourself involved in this player based campaign?

• Yes

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Maybe with more information

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Hello! The Player Event Team is planning a series of events that involves a number of raids on cities by a new and upcoming threat within Altera. We are seeking region owners of any kind to let us know if any are willing to have their towns/regions to be involved in this series of events! This is to spark fun role play for the server as a whole and bring much needed combat to those who wish to have some. Though we want to check interest with people to see if people are willing to work with us to get this campaign going. No harm will be fall your region OOCly and you do not have to consent to your region being taken ICly even if you wish to have your region participate.

If you are interested please let us know in the poll above. If you want to volunteer your region please fill out the form below. Those who are willing to work with us will be told necessary details and will have final say on what happens to their region. You may back out at any time before hand.

Region Owner IGN:
Region Name:

Coordinates:
Region Type: (Town, Farm, City, Citadel, Private Home etc.)
Region Classification: (Peaceful regions are disallowed for obvious reasons)

This is just an interest check and more information will be added as we figure if people are interested in being involved with this campaign. Thanks. :)

Player Event Team:
@Tayo
@Kyle1322
@Jayo
@Tybalt
@Gaby
@Balatro
@Ddaug02
@Jstar
@Sankera
@Tomato150
@Sizzix

More Info:

I am gonna leave most of the information to Kyle1322 to disclose seeing as the organization itself is of his creation. But essentially the group will be attempting to attack, raid and take control over various regions within Region owner consent. We will be having an event every couple weeks where people can get involved either by playing the attacking group or playing guards/temps for the region. The end of these events will be decided by how the general populous of Altera reacts and deals with this new threat, much like server run campaigns. It will either end up with the groups destruction or the group getting away with their raids exponentially till they are eventually stopped. The event sequence is largely determined by those outside the event team. This is why we need the help of region owners/people to get this thing running. Any spoilers I will leave Kyle to disclose.
Well, In terms of information, nothing will be permanently damaged in your region at all, Simply it shall be in RP, as the massive group passes through to collect and scavenge the area. it will largely stay constantly moving, as it is /highly/ nomadic and will likely not be in the same place long. If it does not get stopped or white knighted right away, it will continue to grow, Until it possibly poses a real threat.
Would these battles be PVP or RP, or is that left to the majority consensus of the parties involved?
If RP, who will be designated to observe and mediate conflict? Those who opt to do such in the event team, requested staff members, or a willing third party not involved with either side?
it largely Depends on what the people feel would be fun for them, as we are not here to ruin peoples fun, instead generate more of it.

On the terms of Mediation, that depends highly if either a staff member volunteers or decides to step in themselves, Likely it will be trusted Unbiased Individuals who will be Dm'ing, Unless Staff takes the role themselves. We are trying our hardest to make it a Player Controlled Campaign as to not burden the staff in the slightest. if we rust you enough and Wish for you to Dm in place of someone else or something, we will contact you and ask :)
Aye, Kyle said it best. In the end this campaign is for the players. If you guys rather have PVP over RP or the other way it is completely determined by you! We are just trying to create role play and get people involved! If the region owner wants to do PVP in their region then fine. If they rather RP it and be the main DM then that is fine as well. :D
I will not Disclose much, but if you wish to Create a character to participate in the war party, you cannot be the races listed here as they would likely kill you and/or enslave you:

Humans, Forest Elves, Silver Elves, Nakat, Greyling.
I'm actually far less interested in this than I had hoped.
-> The idea of losing regions to an event team doesn't strike me as terribly fun. <-

I do like the idea of a centralized menace that generates rp though, and the idea of raiding parties is neat. But not invasion, land holding parties.
As stated in the OP, region owners that wish to involve their region do not have to relinquish IC control. This is completely consensual, we are not forcing anyone to lose their region because they want to participate. OOCly your region will remain untouched and in the region owners hand regardless of what happens IC. :)

Also as Kyle stated above the group is likely just to attack, raid and move on. Not to stay rooted in one spot for long.

Last edited:

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
:D thanks Brian, Also to note if your peaceful Region REALLY wants to have a go with this, we can allow it, but for the duration of the event it will likely be considered violent, and will alert you constantly that it is until it returns to peaceful after the event.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
hmmmmm tag didnt work, lucky me I'm a forum stalker

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
I am gonna leave most of the information to Kyle1322 to disclose seeing as the organization itself is of his creation. But essentially the group will be attempting to attack, raid and take control over various regions within Region owner consent. We will be having an event every couple weeks where people can get involved either by playing the attacking group or playing guards/temps for the region. The end of these events will be decided by how the general populous of Altera reacts and deals with this new threat, much like server run campaigns. It will either end up with the groups destruction or the group getting away with their raids exponentially till they are eventually stopped. The event sequence is largely determined by those outside the event team. This is why we need the help of region owners/people to get this thing running. Any spoilers I will leave Kyle to disclose.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Would these battles be PVP or RP, or is that left to the majority consensus of the parties involved?
If RP, who will be designated to observe and mediate conflict? Those who opt to do such in the event team, requested staff members, or a willing third party not involved with either side?

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
Well, In terms of information, nothing will be permanently damaged in your region at all, Simply it shall be in RP, as the massive group passes through to collect and scavenge the area. it will largely stay constantly moving, as it is /highly/ nomadic and will likely not be in the same place long. If it does not get stopped or white knighted right away, it will continue to grow, Until it possibly poses a real threat.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
it largely Depends on what the people feel would be fun for them, as we are not here to ruin peoples fun, instead generate more of it.

On the terms of Mediation, that depends highly if either a staff member volunteers or decides to step in themselves, Likely it will be trusted Unbiased Individuals who will be Dm'ing, Unless Staff takes the role themselves. We are trying our hardest to make it a Player Controlled Campaign as to not burden the staff in the slightest. if we rust you enough and Wish for you to Dm in place of someone else or something, we will contact you and ask :)

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Aye, Kyle said it best. In the end this campaign is for the players. If you guys rather have PVP over RP or the other way it is completely determined by you! We are just trying to create role play and get people involved! If the region owner wants to do PVP in their region then fine. If they rather RP it and be the main DM then that is fine as well. :D

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
I will not Disclose much, but if you wish to Create a character to participate in the war party, you cannot be the races listed here as they would likely kill you and/or enslave you:

Humans, Forest Elves, Silver Elves, Nakat, Greyling and Halfings.

Last edited:

Friosis

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her

Humans, Forest Elves, Silver Elves, Nakat, Greyling.
Halfling raiding parties? dear god. The world is in peril!!!

Seriously, great thread, I want to see what happens with this. Possibly even join in.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Absoutely, I've always felt sackings and sieges are something we need. It's happened before, but it creates such great rp. I think we just need to know who's fighting who, and if how the actual conflict will handle, like a balance of rp /pvp

Teeke

Lord of Altera
-> The idea of losing regions to an event team doesn't strike me as terribly fun. <-

I do like the idea of a centralized menace that generates rp though, and the idea of raiding parties is neat. But not invasion, land holding parties.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend

As stated in the OP, region owners that wish to involve their region do not have to relinquish IC control. This is completely consensual, we are not forcing anyone to lose their region because they want to participate. OOCly your region will remain untouched and in the region owners hand regardless of what happens IC. :)

Also as Kyle stated above the group is likely just to attack, raid and move on. Not to stay rooted in one spot for long.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
I would consent, but OOC stuff is in the way of my regions being able to muster its own force, one such being that the two of our best is in your raiding group on alts xD

Nah I'm cool with it, so long as the other region owners of Azerport and Twilight Falls is.

Kyle1322

Lord of Altera
Absoutely, I've always felt sackings and sieges are something we need. It's happened before, but it creates such great rp. I think we just need to know who's fighting who, and if how the actual conflict will handle, like a balance of rp /pvp
aye, but then do it the BRUTISH WAY INSTEAD OF CIVILIZED *hint hint* and it will be fun :3

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera

Humans, Forest Elves, Silver Elves, Nakat, Greyling and Halfings.
Why you do this kyle, orcs are too peaceful to raid.