Name:
Otto von Gottfried

Full Titles:
+Graf of Flanderburg
+Squire to Duke Charles Kane
+Sergeant of the Mistwatch Formerly.

Nickname/Alias:
N/A

Currently recovering from the wounds he had encountered during the last campaign to the Sorrows.

Attachments

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
LegendMystic

Race:
Anhalder

Social Status:
Lowborn - Acquired Nobility recently granted the Land and Titles of Flanderberg.

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

Height:
5’7

Weight:
120 lbs

Date of Birth:
Exactly 16 summers ago.

Date of Death:
None, this is a One-life character.

Homeland:
A small hut outside the fortress of Oren.

Current Home:
Flanderberg/Queen's Port

PHYSIOLOGY:

"Follow me if I advance, kill me if I retreat, avenge me if I die."
Build:
Otto's Build has developed much more as his status and friendships have grown. Unlike previously, he rarely misses a meal unless traveling or marching- That mixed with heavy physical combat training his caused him to grow a more defined and stronger form.

Hair:
Black and Wavy.

Eyes:
Blue.

Skin:
Depends on the season, in the winter his skin stays rather pale from staying inside, during the other months, he usually has a tan to his skin from laboring outside.

Identifying Marks:
+Otto has a long thin scar down the right side of his face, starting at the top of his cheek bone, and running down to his jawline.

Appearance:
Otto's appearance matches with the 'ideal' appearance of the Anhalder race, matching similarly to the physical traits of the royal family. His hair is wild with selections of curl of raven color. His is thin and sharp, his jawline is sturdy and defined, his cheekbones are visibly high, followed with piercing eyes of a dull dark blue. Otto's body language swifts between two dominant forms; Usually Otto's appearance around his Lords and Commanders is one of a 'ready' stance, constantly holding firm in place and keeping a eye aware of surrounds and waiting further command. However, when 'off-duty' Otto's body language comes off cocky, an amused smirk usually planted on his face.

Clothing:
+
Doublet of a dull dark brown colour, followed with light coloured undershirt and sleeves. Upon his shoulders a hooded cloak is often worn, made of warm and thick wools.

Weaponry:
+Longsword
+Arming Dagger
+Lucerne Hammer (Gift from the Twins)

Prized Possessions:
+His Warpick, Given to him by Kasierin Josephine. [X]
+Longsword given to him by Joseph, since corroded and unusable. It is kept as a trophy from his time fighting the Blight.

Hygiene:
Much better then before, Otto is living in conditions that are both supplied with clean water, and rather well made and maintained; Far better then the huts he was use to.

Voice:
TBA

QUALITIES AND FLAWS:

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

Strengths:
+Loyalty
+Naturally gifted fighter- Especially with the sword.
+Keen military mind
+Dutiful

Fears:
+Wrath of God
+Nobility
+Plague

Weaknesses:
+Loyality
+Pride
+Duty

Intelligence:
Not all that great, read above for reason why.

Languages:
+Rede [Mother language]
+Common

Profession:
+Squire

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
"Strike fast and suddenly. Attack without warning. Secure victory before the foe is aware of his danger. Remember always, a war is easily won if your enemy does not know he is fighting."

Personality:
Otto's personality exists in two forms, when he is off duty and relaxing, he often puts out a more easy-going and witty attitude, enjoying good jokes and the company of his friends. Yet, that is the least common side to see, as the majority of the time Otto puts out a stern attitude and keeps himself ready as he can. Otto was trained from a young age to act like a solider; He is more likely to remain composed in times of great stress and loss, bottling his emotions inside so he can get what he has to do, done. His head is often keep on a swivel, as he keeps his eyes out for risks and threats to those he protects. Outwards, the lad is humble and doesn't often sing praise for himself, and keeps such stories of his own glory to himself, and those that were there; However, Otto is fiercely proud of his Anhalder roots and is very loyal to his oaths and liege-lord. Given his Anhalder roots, Otto is also very faithful to Ignis Synnove, and it would be fair to call him a zealot.

Religion or Cults:
God (Ignis)

Alignment:
Lawful-Neutral

Short Term Goals:
+Train with his Sword.
+Heal

Long Term Goals:
+Earn his Knighthood.

TRIVIA:

''Who told you to die? Keep fighting!"
Favourite...
Place:

Forests and Coast of the Varyn Lands.

Pastime:
Sparring and Training

Food:
Anything aside from the usual stews or rye breads.

Drink:
Cow’s Milk

Colour:
Blue

Animal:
Eagle

Least Favourite...
Place:
Storm's Landing

Pastime:
Larboring.

Food:
Rye Bread

Drink:
Water

Colour:
Pink

Animal:
Snakes

Family:
Father: Berndt Eberhall, Podric Flanders, Maceo de Courtnay, Duc Henri Bayard, or maybe Albion von Godfrey.
Mother: Alys
Sisters: None
Brothers: None.

COMBAT

"Victory by any means!"
Peaceful or violent:
Violent- Yet controlled, Otto follows his orders and is not often one to fall for misguided violent outbursts or actions; The boy has been taught to think before he strikes, and not to act on his impulses, the fight, is to a play a game of chess.

Weaponry:
Otto is versed currently in the styles and stances of using the Longsword, the way he is taught is similar to the way someone handles an rapier, but with two hands on his sword instead of one; Due to his size he lacks strength, and focuses on his foot work and quick subtle strikes.

Combat Training:
His training follows that of what we know from history as the German and Italian styles of Longsword fencing, forcing on stance, parry, and quick motions.

Current Training Log: 7 Hours

Otto was born to Anhalder parents, Audric, his father, and his mother Alys. He was raised in a small farming hamlet in the realm of Anhald, he cannot recall exactly where, but known it was somehow near to where the Count Varyn had ruled. His father was a hunter and his mother use to sew together clothes for the people of the village. Otto was raised to be a firm follower of God and was often taken on long journeys to Queen’s Port to view the Church in the city. Most of his life was rather normal for a person of his social class, he would help his father gather goods in the forest somedays, and on other days he would help his mother with her duties.

However, this life never took away from his imagination and dreams; The Boy would hear tales of the heroes and figures of Anhald, at a young age he could recount the stories of Kaiser Peter Hallon the Great and his sons, Prince Edmund and Arthur; He would hear tale of the heroes of the Undead Wars, and the legendary knights of that time. Otto would often, after his chores were completed, meet in time with his the other young lads in the village, the boys would duel with sticks and make fake conquests and glory for themselves; Otto dreamed of Knighthood, and when asked, would proudly proclaim that he wanted to be a Knight when he was older, often to the amusement of whomever asked him.

When the death of Kaiser Peter become known, and the realm of Anhald became to split and fall apart, the land which Otto and his family had lived became wild and without ruler, this chaos not only took the live of Audric, but also forced Otto and his mother to move south, within the borders of Varyn; They moved into a small hut, where she kept sewing and maintaining a small garden, with the help of Otto. He became more curious of the Fortress of Oren, which was a mere stone’s throw away. The stronghold was a curious sight, but also one that scared him, he watched groups of soldiers depart, and even watched foreign traders pass through on the way to Queen’s Port. He started to grow more adventurous and much to the distaste of his mother, became to make frequent trips to explore there… Where he caught the first glimpse of real Knights.

My in-game name is: ShadowAdmin

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
LegendMystic

RELATIONS:
Loved:

Romantic:

Family:
Joseph (JoeJoe ): "Brother!" The easiest way to describe the relation shared between Otto and Joseph is simply brother. Joseph was one of the first Otto met after he ventured away from home, in a odd act of fate, he became the man Otto saw as his own blood. He values Joseph as a mentor, for teaching him for many years now, and helping him become what he has now. Once his injuries are healed, Otto wishes to beat him in a spar- Which he knows he can.

Sir Podric Flanders (Luam ): "Mentor, Advisor." Otto owes everything to Podric, between his lands and titles, and much more then that. Otto sees him as a mentor, and hopes to use that guidance to benefit the whole realm. Otto wishes to help with his endeavors with the church, whenever he may need it.

Jaden Seeker (CloakedReaper ): "Stern, Mentor." Sometimes Otto isn't sure if Jaden is all that fond of him, then he remembers the tales and stories Joseph and other Ranger's recruits and understands that his hard shell is his way of training his people to be the best they can be- Otto hopes he considers him one of those people. Otto also considers Jaden a strong mentor beside Podric, and looks to him for advice and guidance; He doesn't wish to disappoint.

Respected:
Duke Charles Kane (Lannis ): Otto has always been quite fond of Charles and enjoyed serving with him before the plague started; Now, Otto looks up to him in a different sense, as a leader for the Empire. Otto has the desire to be considered useful to the realm, and wishes to find a way to convince Charles of the same- "I will not allow my people to fall again."

Trusted:

Befriended:
Lisbet (Elz ): As a member of the Kane Household, Otto is sworn to protect and serve her, just as he serves the Twins, and he will do so, as is his duty. Yet; Otto has grown to see her as more then just another person to watch, He considers her a friend and would gladly lay down his life for hers- Not for his oath, but so his friend could live. He notices that she struggles at times with the stress of court, and the happenings that seem to influence their lives, and he hopes he can guide her on handling it.

Reivos (Niko ): Admittedly, Otto before his encounters with Reivos had little love for his kind, yet, after facing hordes of undead, side-by-side, with the Makani, Otto feels they have a special bond, similar to what Otto experiences with his other fellow soldiers. Otto would gladly fight by his side again.

Liked:
Elizabeth Kane (NIAH ): The Duchess of Queen's Port, Otto has had little interaction with her, and while her presence commands respect, Otto has had little interaction beyond that, and while he enjoys her presence, he doesn't trust her the same as he trusts Charles. Otto expects that will change with time, and hopes it does. At times he has felt like a outsider in her presence, and often feels that she, along with the others speak on matters he has not a hint of, and causes a bit of a 'left out' feeling, at times, he wonders if she values his views on matters. Yet, that aside, Otto has sworn a oath to protect her, and he will not let any harm to come the Duchess, as it is his duty. Otto has also seen her at much more ease now that the Blight has passed, and he has enjoyed that side of her.

Sigmar "Boy" (Archbishop ): Otto sees much of himself in Sigmar, yet he has yet to draw the line on whether or not the boy actually has talent. There is no denying he is brave, but bravery without judgement is a fool's curse, and well the lad's arm seems at the ready, Otto doubts, in its current state, his behavior, and think he has much much more to learn beyond just fighting.

Lady Raalvara (Raal ): Otto finds himself fond of his former Neighbor, and hopes they can become friends, and that both of them survives past this plague. He knows God has a plan for her, whatever that may be, he will be ready to help- But he doubts she will need it.

Gilligan (Samwych ): Otto thought he was weak upon first meeting him, and by comparison to the men Otto serves with, that holds true, Yet, it is true that some men hold higher values and compassion; He considers Gilligan a good man.

Neutral:
Ryder (Azur ): Otto knows very little of Ryder, having only spoke with him twice, and a bit of reference from Ayda, he has little go off for his thoughts on the man. Yet, he appreciates any that join the campaign to slay the undead, and his aid for Otto's wounds and seems to have fought well.

Ellethwen (Cukie1 ):
Otto has similar thoughts of Ellethwen as he does with Ryder, the boy knows very little of them aside from their brief conversations and what he has heard from others. He most definitely appreciates the care he recieved from Ellethwen for his wounds.

Francis de Courtnay (BoredBrit ): Otto has had little interaction with Francis thus far, from exploring the southern cavern, and the pilgrimage. Otto recalls seeing God forgive Francis for his sins, and Otto while he accepts such decree from the heavens, he still has some doubts, mostly due to his limited encounters with the man.

Unsure of:

Wary of:
Sophia (Jinny ): "Unity is Strength, Strength is Victory." Otto is trying with all his might to ignore the past negative experiences and sour feelings he has towards Sophia- And try to remain somewhat civil. He believes that "Burying the Hatchet" for now is the best he can do to help forward the advance on the threats to the realm; As it stands now, such personal matters doing nothing more then doom the morale of the Milita.

Afraid of:

Disliked:

Hated:

Missed/Gone:
Alys (Mother): Respect. Warmth. Guidance.

Audric (Father): Missed. Gone. Heaven.

Saint Mathieu (BoredBrit ): While Maceo was convinced Otto for a long time that he was doomed to hell for the rest of his life- Otto finds himself missing his guidance and faith- Something which are both needed in this world. Otto hopes to help Podric restore the faith once more, in Maceo's name.

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
LegendMystic

1546701513319.png
☨ Prayer Log of Otto von Gottfried ☨
6th of Snowdown, 2305-

Otto awoke in the early morning in Queen's Port, as is his usual morning routine, he made his way out of his quarters and started his journey to the shrine in Queen's Port, as he approached the shrine he would take a moment to watch the sun start to rise in the background, letting his hands drift towards the heat of the pyre for a moment, before drawing his longsword and kneeling. Closing his eyes, he'd touch his pommel to his forehead, the rough carved cross pressed to his forehead, as he started his morning prayer.

"Dear God, the Lady of Light and Order, the Sun of Righteouness giving your gladness and truth to the world, shine upon us both now and forever, that we may walk in your eternal light; in the name of the Saints, and your Presence, light guide my path, Amen.
5th of Snowdown, 2035-

Entering the Storm's Landing Temple, Otto would take a few steps forward, his eyes faced forwards towards the great white pillar at the back, as he watched the light from the sunrise lightly embrace, he'd approach and kneel at the carpet in front of it, drawing his sword he would place the tip downwards, and place the pommel on his forehead, and quietly pray.

"God grace me with your eternal light, offer me the protection and warm embrace of your presence, so I may faithfully serve your will, from this day to my last day. May your grace guide my sword, so I may serve to preserve the order in this world and defend the truth. I thank you for your light which embraces the realm this day."

With his prayer ending, Otto would gently press the pommel of his sword to his lips, and return it to his hip, he would take one more long look at the shrine, and then bow.

"May Light Guide my path."

1546702366258.png
Lannis

Last edited:

Tiberione

The Chocolate Bar
Legend
Tiberione
Tiberione
Strange. Will look into it when I am home from work later.

Will clean these posts when it's fixed too, so they aren't cluttering Paints profile

Paint

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
LegendMystic
Trying to develop Otto, I decided to keep track of what he was taught and then I will write a personality based on the list when he is aged to 15.

Personality:
Instead of making one large paragraph of information on what I want his personality to be, instead I'm going to keep track off what he is taught until he reaches 15 years old, and then write his personality off what he was influenced/taught, a plus sign symbolizes what he has gained and a minus sign is what he has lost in a sense.

+Loyalty of Nation
+Loyalty to his Kaiser
+Fear of God
-Not to Lie. Ever.
+Taught that he has Talent.