Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Overview] The Holy Anhalder Empire

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
DIE HEILIGES KAISERREICH VON ANHALD,
ARCTURUS, UND DIE LAVOY

'Heir to Arcturus, Heir to Lavoyard, crowned servant of the Lightbringer and first sword in the West and East!
The children of western blood are to live forever or die upon their own sword, for there is no equal in all the mortal realms!'

---
CONTENTS
I. Government
II. Nobility
III. Church
IV. Use of Titles and Address
---

I. Government

The government of Anhald is dominated by the ruling family of Hallon. Only in the event of the complete destruction of the Hallon line does the position fall to election by the Imperial Council. The Emperor of Anhald and his family are rulers with complete and total authority over church and state. All vassals pay tithe and all free citizens swear fealty to the Emperor, for he is chosen by God to reign supreme.

REIGNING KAISER

His Imperial Majesty Audwine I of the house Hallon, chosen by Light to reign as Emperor of Anhald, King of Arcturus and Lavoyard, First Knight of God, son of Peter and Elaine, King of Artois, Oren, Varynhalle, Sudbrucke, Wellenbrecher, Freiburg, Heideland, Heldenmut, Haven, Thorne, Ackerland, Eberbau, Rammbar, Koniginhafen, Eisenhafen, Goldingen, Duke of Amalfia, Baron of the Maritte and the Karlingen, Patriot Son of the Lightbringer.

reigning HL25 to Present

---

THE IMPERIAL COURT
Chosen advisers to the Kaiser and ranking servants of his family

Hand of the Emperor - His Lordship, Graf Syr von Varyn
The Hand of the Emperor is the Kaiser's personal adviser, with whom he consults on matters of state, church, foreign and internal relation, war and peace, and the arcane. In the event of the complete destruction of the reigning line, the Hand of the Emperor is heir to the throne until the Court has elected a successor.

Imperial Marshal of the Armies -
The Imperial Marshal of the Armies is the foremost authority after the Kaiser on the matter of wars on land. The badge of office is the Imperial War Standard, and the Marshal must appoint a standard bearer to carry such into the field. A lord of the realm may fulfill both the positions of Marshal of the Armies and Marshal of the Navies should the need arise.

Imperial Marshal of the Navies -
The Imperial Marshal of the Navies is the foremost authority after the Kaiser on the matter of wars at sea. The badge of office is the Imperial Battle Flag, and the Marshal must appoint a flagship to carry such to sea. A lord of the realm may fulfill both the positions of Marshal of the Armies and Marshal of the Navies should the need arise.

Exalted Sonnebischof of the Lightbringer - His Eminence, Herzog Maceo von Courtnay
The Sonnebischof is the foremost authority after the Kaiser on the matter of the church, and is the voice of God in the realm of mortals. The Sonnebischof carries the duties of upkeep of all holy sites within and outside the borders of the Empire, and the duty of officiating the succession of the Imperial line.

Commander of the Imperial Guard - His Honour, Sir Gael von Dugald
The Commander of the Imperial Guard, known informally as the Kaiserwache, is the first of three knights ascended to ceremonial authority and is personally entrusted with the protection of the life and well being of the Kaiser and his family.

Imperial Magistrate -
The Imperial Magistrate is the keeper of the laws of the realm and the highest authority in the realm's courts of law on crimes against the state before judgement passes to the Kaiser. The badge of office is the Seal of Imperial Law.

Master of the Imperial Household -
The Master of the Imperial Household is the overseer caretaker of the grounds of the Kaiser's residence and of the chambers vital to the operation of the Imperial Court. The position falls to the eldest daughter of the Kaiser in the event of the absence of a ranking servant.

Serjeant of the Imperial Stable -
The Serjeant of the Imperial Stable is the overseer caretaker of the Kaiser's stables, kennels, and roosts. The position falls to the second son of the Kaiser in the event of the absence of a ranking servant.

---
II. Nobility

The nobility of Anhald are servants of the Kaiser, who pay tithe and levy soldiers in exchange for the privilege of governing their section of the realm as they see fit within the confines of Imperial Law and the will of the God. Their titles are given and taken at will by the Kaiser, who by divine right owns all land in the realm from the grand mountains down to the lowest stone.

The Imperial Family
The royal house of Hallon is the current reigning line until the event of its complete destruction at the hands of enemies of the Empire.

His Imperial Majesty, the Kaiser Audwine I Arthur
Her Imperial Majesty, the Kaiserin Josephine I
His Imperial Highness, the Kronprinz Sigmund
His Imperial Highness, the Prinz Robrecht
Her Imperial Highness, the Prinzessin Adelheid

Imperial Kings
The Empire of Anhald contains within itself multiple Kingdoms, themselves countries. At present, all are headed by the Kaiser, and there are no independent royal families within imperial borders.

Imperial Princes
Like Kingdoms, Principalities are also recognized in the Anhalder power structure. At present, no territories are recognized as Principalities.

Dukes and Duchesses / Herzog and Herzogin
Dukes are the highest ranking land-owning noblemen outside of Imperial royalty. A Duke of an Imperial march is known as a Marduke or a Marksherzog, and a Duke of an Imperial free city is known as a Free Duke or a Freiherzog.

His Eminence, Herzog Maceo von Courtnay, of the Duchy of Artois and the County of Haven
Her Grace, Herzogin Elizabeth von Kane, of the Duchy of Kaltland

Counts and Countesses / Graf and Grafin
Counts are the second highest rank in the Imperial noble structure, owning less land than a Duke but still possessing multiple territories to their name as opposed to a Baron or Landed Knight. A Count of an Imperial march is known as a Marcount or a Marksgraf, and a Count of an Imperial free city is known as a Free Count or a Freigraf.

His Lordship, Graf Syr von Varyn, of the County of Oren
His Lordship, Graf Charles von Kane
His Lordship, Graf Podric von Flanders, of the County of Flanderburg
His Lordship, Freigraf Harald Haraldsson, of the Imperial Free City of Heldenmut

Barons and Baronesses / Herr and Frau
Barons are the lowest rank of landowning nobility, possessing only a single territory. Although possessing the same territory as a Landed Knight, Barons are granted their position by noble birthright as opposed to merit. A Baron of an Imperial march or of an Imperial free city is not known by any separate title.

Her Ladyship, Frau Fleur von Courtnay
His Lordship, Herr Benjamin von Beaumont, of the Barony of Beaumont

Landed Knights / Landeritter
Landed Knights are soldiers appointed a noble status for distinguished service in the field or for serving a Knight in turn before them as squire. Knights may be landed, possessing a fief, or unlanded, serving as a retainer for another nobleman. A Landed Knight of an Imperial march or of an Imperial free city is not known by any separate title.

Knights / Ritter
Knights are soldiers appointed a noble status for distinguished service in the field or for serving a knight in turn before them as squire. Knights may be landed, possessing a fief, or unlanded, serving as a retainer for another nobleman.

His Honour, Sir Jaime von Westmay
His Honour, Sir Gael von Dugald

---
III. Church

As the nobility of Anhald are servants of the Empire, the clergy are servants of the Lightbringer. They are a moral authority over the people of the realm if not a legal authority as well. Members of the clergy are permitted to hold noble office.

Archbishop / Archbischof
The Archbishop is the overseer of all the Bishops and Priests within a Kingdom. At present the title is synonymous with Sonnebischof, as the Empire only requires one Archbishop in power to oversee all religious functions within the realm. Archbishops are elected to the position by councils of their peers.

His Eminence, Archbischof Maceo von Courtnay
War Bishop / Kriegsbischof
The War Bishop is a commander of the Imperial Inquisition, the armed and mobile chapter of the church charged with punishing heresy, the arcane, and exorcising demonic presence from the realm. There is usually only one, but the position may have as many members as there are chapters of the Inquisition, and as such it is considered a rank in the hierarchy of the clergy rather than a position of the Imperial Court to be occupied by a Bishop. War Bishops are appointed by the Imperial Court.

Bishop / Bischof
A Bishop oversees the operation of Priests within a Duchy or Principality, or head his own house of faith in major population centers. Bishops may employ other bishops under them, should the territory that they oversee consist of several major settlements. Bishops are elected to the position by councils of their peers.

Priest
A Priest is a clergyman who oversees any individual territory within the Empire as its independent authority on the word of God. A priest may employ various individuals under him, including subservient priests who operate from local churches. These priests are not of the same rank but share the title.

---
IV. Use of Titles and Address

To address a member of the royalty, nobility, or clergy in Anhald, one must correctly observe their titles.

The Imperial Family

The Emperor
The Emperor is addressed as Your Imperial Majesty or My Kaiser.

The Empress
The Empress is addressed as Your Imperial Majesty, or My Kaiserin.

The Crown Prince
The Crown Prince is addressed as Your Imperial Highness, or My Kronprinz.

A Prince of the Imperial Family
A Prince of the imperial line is addressed as Your Imperial Highness, or My Prinz.

A Princess of the Imperial Family
A Princess of the imperial line is addressed as Your Imperial Highness, or My Prinzessin.

Imperial Royalty

A King
A King is addressed as Your Royal Majesty, or My Konig.

A Queen
A Queen is addressed as Your Royal Majesty, or My Konigin.

A Prince
A Prince is addressed as Your Majesty, or My Prinz.

A Princess
A Princess is addressed as Your Majesty, or My Prinzessin..

Imperial Nobility

A Duke
A Duke is addressed as Your Grace, or My Herzog.

A Duchess
A Duchess is addressed as Your Grace, or My Herzog.

A Count
A Count is addressed as Your Lordship, or My Graf.

A Countess
A Countess is addressed as Your Ladyship, or My Grafin.

A Baron
A Baron is addressed as Your Lordship, or Herr.

A Baroness
A Baroness is addressed as Your Ladyship, or Frau.

A Knight
A Knight is addressed as Your Honour, or Sir.

A Knight's Wife
A Knight's wife is addressed as Ma'am.

Clergy

An Archbishop
An Archbishop is addressed as Your Eminence or Father.

A Bishop or War Bishop
A Bishop is addressed as Your Piety, or Father. Fellow clergymen may use Brother.

A Priest
A Priest is addressed as Your Piety, or Father. Fellow clergymen may use Brother.

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
post away children

Solus can I get this stickied?

should mention that Heldenmut is a translation of Valerius, and Freiburg is a placeholder name for an unnamed region near Queensport

Last edited:

Sir Arc

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Sir_Arc
Sir_Arc
Mystic
Hey quick question, Peter died and got revived via Sisterhood, does that still take away his title/knighthood

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Hey quick question, Peter died and got revived via Sisterhood, does that still take away his title/knighthood
only nobility through birth is stripped upon revival, as the titles only last from birth until first death. knights are granted their title, and are still knights upon reviving.

if you earn something, death doesn't mean you haven't earned it. knights also generally don't have much to their name to pass on. higher nobility do, so death is forfeit for them. they've gotta pass that shit down to their kids (or other heir)

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
We, uh, haven't discussed Henri or Thorne being involved. From Henri's pov, Brit split with Artois upon joining Anhald.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Uh- he's not king to Lavoyard, afaik. Marie is still heir.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Uh- he's not king to Lavoyard, afaik. Marie is still heir.
charles gave all his titles to peter in his will because his family betrayed him

to clarify the title refers to the cultural lavoy and not the house

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
to clarify the title refers to the cultural lavoy and not the house
This is exactly the sort of thing that lead to the gamut of European conflict in the middle ages and onwards, so I'm really glad to see this sort of evolving cultural development.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
This is exactly the sort of thing that lead to the gamut of European conflict in the middle ages and onwards, so I'm really glad to see this sort of evolving cultural development.
by the way i haven't seen you RPing as drake so if you want to talk in prison or something hit me up man we're not trying to starve you of RP LMAO

Jak

Magus of Nothing
Legend
by the way i haven't seen you RPing as drake so if you want to talk in prison or something hit me up man we're not trying to starve you of RP LMAO
I RP as Greyling when I need RP atm - Drake would genuinely have nothing to say beyond "I was merely serving my people" so I would be extremely boring to RP with.

Don't worry, not lacking. Have a good thing going on with Greyling.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I RP as Greyling when I need RP atm - Drake would genuinely have nothing to say beyond "I was merely serving my people" so I would be extremely boring to RP with.

Don't worry, not lacking. Have a good thing going on with Greyling.
Cool, cool, some people just assume they're getting screwed over and then go to staff ya know.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
We, uh, haven't discussed Henri or Thorne being involved. From Henri's pov, Brit split with Artois upon joining Anhald.
Arthur claims Henri and Bayard on the basis that you were part of Peter's Anhald, and now on the basis that he's taken all of Artois except Thorne. Take this as thread as IC opinion, not OOC fact. I'm aware we've discussed nothing. That's just what Arthur is saying in RP until we've actually done something about it.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Arthur claims Henri and Bayard on the basis that you were part of Peter's Anhald, and now on the basis that he's taken all of Artois except Thorne. Take this as thread as IC opinion, not OOC fact. I'm aware we've discussed nothing. That's just what Arthur is saying in RP until we've actually done something about it.
Yes, I took it as IC.

IC must be dealt with IC.