Vincentius

It took a lot to get here
This is partially a vent thread by some definition.

I've given up on a lot of things for myself. Art was/is a big one. I developed a complex of isolating that of which I draw/write out of self-doubt and “cringe.” Had me repelled from Hollowworld at times.

So here's the thread title: I'm giving up on isolation; persevering through self-doubts and just saying "fuck it." I've had something akin to a physical aversion to drawing for roughly two months of nothingness, and I'm too infuriated to allow its perpetuation. I'm giving up on caring. I’m way too tired and jaded to have reservations of myself, so I'm just trying draw every night; manage to produce something for once and show this process. Because just keeping it buried in my sketchbook is rather counterintuitive to the philosophy of my ideals.

Feel free to offer ideas and whatnot; I just draw whatever I feel like. Shitpost if you want. Give me dumb doodle ideas. Maybe I'll make trashy comics of RP interactions. I don't know. I don't care. Of course, advice is always appreciated as well.

Anyhow, here's some old stuff I think I can share without yearning to deck myself for posting later on.

And here's what I've drawn in the past few nights.

Inb4 I decide to redact everything I do
big images but oh well phones suck

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member
I think most artists suffer with not liking their own stuff and getting really demotivated with it, so you're not alone there and I am very glad you posted thread. : ) One of my biggest art-helps is probably the response from the playerbase on my own thread, it's motivating in its own way. Very gooood! Post more. : )

Squidziod

Sea Dweller
Staff member
Squidziod
Squidziod
That second one you did of what I assume is Isk, the portrait, looks really good. It's dark, and kind of Machiavellian looking. I love the sharp details. Would you consider doing on of Josef, or maybe some other character that you like? I know plenty of people do stuff like that, and I think you would be great at it. I don't know.

Maybe sketch out favorite characters or scenes from movies.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
This is very rad stuff, my guy. I don’t think you should feel like your stuff is cringey at all; it’s quite beautiful.

Don’t ever not think you’re a special, wonderful human being, Vin :heart:

Vincentius

It took a lot to get here
ok so i gotta admit, you guys are too nice. it feels good to read the posts.

That second one you did of what I assume is Isk, the portrait, looks really good. It's dark, and kind of Machiavellian looking. I love the sharp details. Would you consider doing on of Josef, or maybe some other character that you like? I know plenty of people do stuff like that, and I think you would be great at it. I don't know.

Maybe sketch out favorite characters or scenes from movies.
Thanks man. It was a test in lighting moreso than anything else, but it was fun enough that I'd probably do some more experimenting with it and other characters. Josef would fit nicely into something like that, so maybe.

Jdog418

Lord of Altera
Really wonderful art Vinnie I enjoyed it immensely. You did a great job. I like your Baphomet inspired piece and your last piece i thought they were interesting and cool.