Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Paint paints Minis

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello yes,

I noticed I'm usually the only one who posts in the Mini's thread, so I thought instead of just taking over that thread, I'd make my own to show off my current projects and talk about them, currently, I'm running two projects; My Seraphon fantasy army, and my 40k Imperial Guard project.

I've been taking a bit of a break from 40k, and started to work on my Seraphon's project, pictures below!

Current Project:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Just finished the base, wanted to try something new and ended up with the lava base, which I'm very proud of.

Vincentius

A miserable little pile of secrets
Lover
Hero
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
Lover
i don't know jack about painting minis but this is cool.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
I'd never try to paint warhammer that much due to how expensive all the good figurines are but that what you have so far looks amazing.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm picking up my Slann Starmaster tomorrow, its the model that convinced me to paint Seraphon, I'm super hyped to work on it.

Currently, I'm conflicted on the colours for it, I'm tempted to paint it a light shade of orange vs the blue in the photo, to better match my bases for the models. However, It is also tempting to paint it a shade of purple as they're suppose to be very old beings, and it works with the star based lore.

Thoughts?

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
I'm picking up my Slann Starmaster tomorrow, its the model that convinced me to paint Seraphon, I'm super hyped to work on it.

Currently, I'm conflicted on the colors for it, I'm tempted to paint it a light shade of orange vs the blue in the photo, to better match my bases for the models. However, It is also tempting to paint it a shade of purple as they're supposed to be very old beings, and it works with the star based lore.

Thoughts?
i like imagining a clashing mix of purple and orange for no reason

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
i like imagining a clashing mix of purple and orange for no reason
Its a hard choice tbh.

I'm trying to keep the colour palatte similar to the colour coming from lava/magma/fire for the normal dudes and such, I think the older named colours need something different.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
While you could do either, purple is probably harder to do. I can imagine finding the right tone of purple to add highlights or shadows or scale variation would be tricky.

If you indeed do purple I would love to hear how you did that seeing as I struggle with that myself.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
While you could do either, purple is probably harder to do. I can imagine finding the right tone of purple to add highlights or shadows or scale variation would be tricky.

If you indeed do purple I would love to hear how you did that seeing as I struggle with that myself.
Dark purple is good, and then you go with a lighter flesh tone on the belly or paint the whole guy purple and then do tribal lines and the such to add character around him.

There is a guy at my local GW that I go and chat with about colour schemes all the time, so I'm sure I will make a choice at some point.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm a slow worker, but this my progress so far on my Slann Starmaster, I'm much better at making bases then painting, I've discovered.

I was also gifted a Deathwork box for kill team, so I've got that going now as well.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
First test base I made for my Death Korps of Krieg, I really wanted to capture the general misery of trench warfare. I'm conflicted on the snow and might not use it on the next base.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Finished my first Krieg model, I tried to get into edge highlighting and spend two hours just doing that, I'm pretty proud of it, imho its my best painted model to date.

I'm waiting for a replacement kit, because Forge World didn't send me all the right parts, so I went ahead and based and prepared all the bases for the upcoming squad, I've also attached a before and after photo for the heck of it- It turns out pretty neat.

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
take down that second picture, the gun pointed at me gave me serious ptsd and i never want to see it again : (((

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Progress on my Death Korps of Krieg themed Imperial Knight Warden, his color scheme is based on the colour I use to paint trench coats and the red is used on the cuffs of the commanders.

Kreigsman for scale.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Are the bases made with a kit, or did you come up with the wood chips + such yourself?

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Are the bases made with a kit, or did you come up with the wood chips + such yourself?
Myself. The planks are made from popsicle sticks and shaded with lots of brown. The mud is a GW basing paint with a coat of gloss shine.

The wire is a kit