Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Paint paints Minis

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Myself. The planks are made from popsicle sticks and shaded with lots of brown. The mud is a GW basing paint with a coat of gloss shine.

The wire is a kit
That's amazing. Have you ever thought about doing any of your HW characters? I know there are websites where you can customize little figurines and such.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
That's amazing. Have you ever thought about doing any of your HW characters? I know there are websites where you can customize little figurines and such.
Funny enough, I have one of Otto on my desk for DnD I need to work on.

Samwych

Lord of Altera
Merchant
Samwych
Samwych
Merchant
when you can please post the otto one!! these are so so SO good paint. i've wanted to paint minis for years and this makes me want to get into it even more.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
when you can please post the otto one!! these are so so SO good paint. i've wanted to paint minis for years and this makes me want to get into it even more.
Will do. He has only been primed right now haha

I'm doing minis for everyone of my DnD party members I'm DMing.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Progress on my Death Korps of Krieg themed Imperial Knight Warden, his color scheme is based on the colour I use to paint trench coats and the red is used on the cuffs of the commanders.

Kreigsman for scale.

Realized that I'm coming my year mark of being involved in this hobby, I wanted to look back on the first model I ever painted and compare it to my latest model, thankfully I've since learned how to thin my paints...

I'm happy with my progress this year, and hope to do even more in the coming year.

DrFong

Villager
DrFong
DrFong
You can get nice lots of poorly painted minis on ebay and then soak them in paint thinner and repaint them. Make sure they are the metal ones or they will dissolve along with the paint!

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Haven't posted here lately, got pretty excited about the plastic Sisters of Battle coming out, and decided to start working on some test models while I wait. Decided to make Saint Celestine, as I can use her with the rest anyway.

Progress below, needs a bit of work still, its only had its first coats, and needs a lot of touch-ups before I can add highlighting and such.

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
omg that looks so cool!!! Can't wait to see finished product

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Attempted using green stuff to add flames to her sword as per the lore; I've never been much of a sculptor but I wanted to try.

Not super happy but oh well, live and learn.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

honestly you could rename this "Paint makes bases" and it would be far more truthful.