Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Pathfinder / 3.5 Game

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I am considering starting a series of Hollowworld tabletop RPG game sessions, either Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, and running it for a while, but am first gauging interest, in general, for the idea.

I figure running a roleplaying game with defined character capabilities and rules will give people a chance to better learn some roleplaying in a bounded and defined element, give people a chance to experience something similar to Fitz's system, which draws heavily on a tabletop root, and finally, because I've been missing the live games I usually play/run. [Also, if people need a PC, I'm in withdrawal, and will leap upon a game with gusto.]

Please let me know if you are interested in the simple idea of having a game. If I get a significant response, I will post more details on plans to go about this, as well as the 4 Campaign/Session Chains I already have drafted.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Ready to go whenever you want. I've got a number of characters all rolled up and ready to go - though to be fair they are for Pathfinder published adventures, so I may need to do a few small tweaks to get them ready for you game.

Here's a few of my characters already completed, so you can look them over and see the kinds of characters I make. You'll see I generally keep things nice and simple. I've been playing roleplaying tabletop games for nearly ten years now. I am happy to fill any of the standard positions (mage/tank/healer/skills).

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411860

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=412209

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=411878

Got a question though. Will this be run play-by-post style on these forums, or were you thinking of running it over teamspeak on certain days? I can easily respond once a day on the forums if pbp, but meeting up on teamspeak will be more difficult due to my job and trying to schedule around it.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
If my city-building hadn't suffered a critical setback, I'd've actually had a room built so this could be played in-character, for a hilarious double-level roleplay that would be marvelous fun.

I still might try that, but for now, actually, I was considering it being a blend of play-by-post and actual in-game sessions. (Simply because being live is so, exponentially faster, it's my preferred scenario.)

I would not be likely to use teamspeak for this at all, for several reasons:
1) I do not possess a microphone, nor have teamspeak installed.
2) My voice would go hoarse after only 2 hours of proper narration.
3) Voice chat is expensive and I don't want to leech bandwidth.

I'm shy

As it stands, I'm leaning extremely heavily towards 3.5, because since I last looked at it, the Pathfinder System Reference Document site has become an absolute mess, and I am no longer up to date with anything. I would, of course, be more than willing to accommodate people with both a tutorial and a beginner's game for 3.5, as I'm certain not everyone that might be interested in this will come in with experience.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Necrooo im kinda interested, I havent played a patbfinder game but I know thr general concept, id be more than glad to join ya

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Haha. Not a necro, still quite relevant.

I can do things with anywhere between 3-6 people, (With 4-5 being optimal) so I'm just waiting on more people to let me know they are interested before going into details.

HiddenIsme

Villager
I am quite new at this lol but yeah I would be down for this seeing that I signed up to make this comment.

the last game i played didnt finish and recently ive been feeling left out. 3-5 sound like a plan

sneaky_ninja_66

Sorrows Warrior
I would love to get in on this. It's been so long since I've done a 3.5 RP campaign; I've been mainly getting my dose of D&D by playing the online MMO.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Unfortunately, I actually had far too much interest in this pop up, including that of the majority of my friends on here.

I've already got a full group ready to go now. My apologies to those that did not make it in, but I honestly couldn't accommodate 20 or so people, and thus I had to go with the people I knew best.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
That's rather unfortunate.

If there is still a great deal of interest, I may be willing run a pathfinder game. It would use the forums for play-by-post.

For those interested, please let me know what kind of game you would like to play in, and what kind of class/race you'd like to be. Basic races only please, and only official paizo published materials. They have a srd website, just search "pathfinder srd" and it should be the first link from there, if you don't have the books.

Don't worry about making a character yet, this is simply a test to see if there is still enough interest to get another group going.

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
i'd love to get back into pathfinder ... kind of a shame you wont be accomodating some of the expansion races ... dont like the homebrew stuff much (besides leonins) but that is besides the point, i want in, i am rusty ever since i was kicked out of a game i played using raidcall and maptools because theyt had too many players and wanted it to be one continent only :( but still love to get back into it

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
and i wish you did allow the expansions especially because of the antipaladins, but so many options to consider also such as starting levels

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
when you say basic races i guess tengu is out of the picture... this saddens me as i always wanted to play a tengu but never got the chance to do so, also you say post by post but how will you show movement there is a rather nice piece of software you can use called maptools and if used in conjunction with a hosting software such as tunngle you may do things that way?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Here's the thing - my personal philosophy in traditional gaming is that the special awesome aspects of your character should be his personality, not his stats.

You don't need to be a half dragon vampire fire elemental to be an interesting character. In fact, those super high powered super rare races are generally the least interesting to play as, or with.

So yes, basic races only, though I may allow common other races (goblin, tiefling, ect) that are not part of the core, but only if the race makes the character interesting in a descriptive way.

Also, as I'll be running a pathfinder published adventure, the characters must be of the neutral to good variety. That means no antipaladins. Or assassins. Or rapists.... I could go on, but essentially if I do run a game it will be with Heroes, not villians.

I have a website that I can use for map-based combat. The rest of the game will be run on the forums, play by post style.

Any other questions or interest? As is there isn't enough interest posted for me to run a game.

luigi0ni

Legend of Altera
oh no if you wanna play as a neutral to good campaign i am down and i agree completely ... i like tieflings and i love tengus personally ... both are in the srd if you wanna look for em though so that is an upside

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Here's the thing - my personal philosophy in traditional gaming is that the special awesome aspects of your character should be his personality, not his stats.

You don't need to be a half dragon vampire fire elemental to be an interesting character. In fact, those super high powered super rare races are generally the least interesting to play as, or with.

So yes, basic races only, though I may allow common other races (goblin, tiefling, ect) that are not part of the core, but only if the race makes the character interesting in a descriptive way.

Also, as I'll be running a pathfinder published adventure, the characters must be of the neutral to good variety. That means no antipaladins. Or assassins. Or rapists.... I could go on, but essentially if I do run a game it will be with Heroes, not villians.

I have a website that I can use for map-based combat. The rest of the game will be run on the forums, play by post style.

Any other questions or interest? As is there isn't enough interest posted for me to run a game.
If you need someone to act as a mentor PC, I could probably help out if things are going to be a play-by-post. Would be happy to set an example. I'll keep watching this. I'm always interested in Tabletop gaming in general, though sadly I don't think I can run more than one, being a PC is a lot easier than drafting things from scratch.

Keep me posted.