Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Pathfinder / 3.5 Game

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Either:

A) Legion decides he actually wants to signal interest in the game and drafts something, or at least posts.

B) I start RPing as this character before setting out for the adventure and do some kind of side mission in the city wherein I meet you.

C) Other people remember this and post character sheets.

D) Some combination of the above.

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
As A) and C) are becoming less and less likely, I would go with B). However, I would like to keep the doors open for 3 more days, and then I guess play proper. But however you wish it to go.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
Still looking for two more finished character sheets with backgrounds....

Here's my thoughts:

- At this point, if there is anyone lurking this thread but you're wary about trying this, don't be! It's very simple, I'll explain anything you need me to. Just think up a character to roleplay and I can come up with the numbers if you'd like.

- I picked pathfinder as DnD is the most commonly played tabletop rpg. However, I am knowledgeable on many other systems including World of Darkness, Savage Worlds, Legend of the Five Rings... I could go on. If the system is the issue on why you aren't wanting to jump in, let me know what system you would play.

- If all I can get is the pair that's already entered, I will still run something for you two. However, it will have to be something other than the premade adventure, as it is constructed for 4 or 5 players, and if I'm going to take the time to redesign every encounter I'd rather just create a new campaign instead. Also, DnD/Pathfinder is generally not well suited to two people, so either we can do a specialty game (like two spies/assassins, or a mage school, something like that) where the number of players won't matter as much, or I'd suggest a different system that is better suited for two players (Savage Worlds and World of Darkness both do this very well, for instance).

I know that this could very well mean redoing characters yet again, and I'm deeply sorry about that. Unfortunately it seems that unless we get the rest of the group, or new players to fill their positions, it'll be a needed change if we're going to get a game off the ground.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I am able and willing to play any tabletop system wherein the core rules are freely published.

I really don't mind making another character in any way be it a new Pathfinder character for a "Low-member" game (For which we could try using Gestalt rules or something), or learning a new system, whathaveyou.

I'll be paying close attention to see where we go from here.

Matto225

The White Mage
Sorry, I got stuck with my character sheet a while back and never got round to finishing it - will do asap, dont count me out!

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
guess ill post, naelwyn, is it ok for me to use mine? The one we originally made for our group as reference for the sheet?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
guess ill post, naelwyn, is it ok for me to use mine? The one we originally made for our group as reference for the sheet?
You can use the general character idea, but do note that Pathfinder is a bit of a different system.

If you post the sheet we can probably help convert it.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
You can use the general character idea, but do note that Pathfinder is a bit of a different system.

If you post the sheet we can probably help convert it.
I did some in Web Design today, but yea your right, the system is rather confusing... ill post the sheet you made, but instead of a dwarf would a human do? I'm not sure what changes that would make.

EDIT: here ya go....kinda big though...

Whurzgen Boldhammer of Beldahn
Race: Dwarf
Alignment: Lawful Good
Cleric of Moradin
Player: Karasu

Hit Dice: 1d8+3 (11 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (+4 Scale Mail, +1 Light Steel Shield), touch 10, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+2
Attack: Warhammer +3 (1d8+2)
Full Attack: Warhammer +3 (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spellcasting, Turn Undead
Special Qualities: Aura, Protection Domain
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +5
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 10
Skills With Bonuses: Concentration +7, Knowledge(Religion) +4
Feats: Extend Spell, Martial Weapon Proficiency (Warhammer), Weapon Focus (Warhammer)
Languages Spoken: Common, Dwarven

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic,Purify Food and Drink
1: Sanctuary (Domain Bonus), Shield of Faith

Protection Domain Granted Power: You can generate a protective ward as a supernatural ability. Grant someone you touch a resistance bonus equal to your cleric level on his or her next saving throw. Activating this power is a standard action. The protective ward is an abjuration effect with a duration of 1 hour that is usable once per day.

Moradin:
The god of dwarves, Moradin, is lawful good.
His titles include the Soul Forger, Dwarffather, the All-Father, and the Creator. Moradin forged the first dwarves out of metal and gems and breathed life into them. He
governs the arts and sciences of the dwarves: smithing, metalworking, engineering, and war. The domains he is associated with are Earth, Good, Law, Protection, and War. His favored
weapon is the warhammer.

Aura (Ex): A cleric of a chaotic, evil, good, or lawful deity has a particularly powerful aura corresponding to the deity’s alignment (see the detect evil spell for details). Clerics who don’t worship a specific deity but choose the Chaotic, Evil, Good, or Lawful domain have a similarly powerful aura of the corresponding alignment.

Spontaneous Casting: A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that the cleric did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not a domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).

Chaotic, Evil, Good, and Lawful Spells: A cleric can’t cast spells of an alignment opposed to his own or his deity’s (if he has one). Spells associated with particular alignments are indicated by the chaos, evil, good, and law descriptors in their spell descriptions.

Turn or Rebuke Undead (Su): Any cleric, regardless of alignment, has the power to affect undead creatures by channeling the power of his faith through his holy (or unholy) symbol (see Turn or Rebuke Undead).
A good cleric (or a neutral cleric who worships a good deity) can turn or destroy undead creatures.

A cleric may attempt to turn undead a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier. A cleric with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (religion) gets a +2 bonus on turning checks against undead.​

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Hmmn. Yeah, perhaps you might want to consider a new character after reading the setting material.

Whurzgen the heavy-armor-wearing walking-tank dwarf will probably do poorly in the desert.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Hmmn. Yeah, perhaps you might want to consider a new character after reading the setting material.

Whurzgen the heavy-armor-wearing walking-tank dwarf will probably do poorly in the desert.
ah, so thats what your going for :I alright. hm..list of preferences/ideals for the map/setting? if you want naelwyn to keep this clean, we can continue in our old convo

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naah. Always ask yer DM for advice.

Tell him what you're interested in doing and they can help you figure out what works best for them and you together.

Karasu1996

Lord of Altera
Naah. Always ask yer DM for advice.

Tell him what you're interested in doing and they can help you figure out what works best for them and you together.
who's the DM? erm............agh... *too lazy to find his name* uhmm...pyro?

Darko

Lord of Altera
Hi, I play a 3.5 game with some of my friends irl, but meeting is always a hassle.... If you have room for a chaotic good elf rogue I'd love to join your party. I have a character sheet set up, and am willing to make changes to fit the playing style. Also, around what level will we be?